Lucky Packs/ coin sinks?

Kaneharo - Dreamweaver
Kaneharo - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Suggestion Box
I had thought of an idea, which had some ideas added to it while talking about Anniversary packs in the General Discussion forum. Why not add the chance of getting a pack that gives a random amount of tokens of luck(15-20) and a small chance of getting a best luck token in the places were boxes of coins are given, instead of just the coin pack, which has been made next to useless due to the hammers and gold prices being raised in price on some servers. The other matter comes to opening the coin box or the 'lucky pack' and the supply stash? Why not just use coins(somewhere around 100-150k) to have them opened at a boutique agent, either as an added alternative to using the hammers, or just getting rid of the hammers entirely? If included, it could actually raise the sale of hammers, so long as you aren't selling it too high, as you'd be worsening things. This would effectively change things with the in-game economy, and people feel more like they have a bit of a challenge with getting their flawless gems and other items that they'd need the tokens for. It obviously wouldn't be a problem for cash shoppers to farm these, considering most have gear that's well over-qualified for some of these things. At the same time, it will also force some fail classes to have something to get themselves better for, instead of just oracling their way to the top and making things harder for themselves, and everyone else around them.
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Pew Pew Pew!
Quotes of Awesomeness:
"that word, "solo". i don't think it means what you think it means." - LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Kaneharo - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Boryon - Sanctuary
    Boryon - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I agree we need some better coin sinks. I think a sink for high levels would help with gold prices. Though many would hate it; Something like for a high coin fee you can make the specialty items for owning that land. For those that are not in factions that control the land they must give the mats and say 2 mil coin or something for the item. For factions that do own the land, they could pay 2 mil coin and get the item mat free. This is just a suggestion but i believe a high price coin sink is needed. Especially for older servers where coin has accumulated. The sink should also be for consumable items. This would prevent those items for building up over time and therefore leaving the sink still useful. Using a mat sink may also help balance tw a bit for those servers where 1 faction controls all the special item territories
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Not a good idea.

It favors high-level players and hardcore players too much. Anyone farming any instance where these token boxes drop would eventually end up with 4 sockets in every piece of their equipment, with Grade 9 or higher gems in each socket, plus practically infinite Guardian Scrolls, Rank 8 stuff and high-end tomes. Doesn't sound so much different from the high-end cash shoppers, now does it?

Well, anyone who does not farm those instances remains just about the same, they would have to grind money to buy tokens from the farmers and the farmers would just get richer and richer.

Also, a lot of the stuff you can get with tokens are cash shop items. Socket Stones, Mysterious Pages, Cupboard Stones, Bride/Groom Packs, Teleport Stones, Teleacoustics, Martial Arts Scrolls, Origination Orders, Guardian Scrolls, Wardrobe Stones, Makeover Scrolls, Stone of Refreshment, Galewind Spurs, Wind Widgets, Spurs of Alacrity, and as of recent, Oracles I-IX. Now, do you really think that they would put all of that into the game, for free? That would leave the Cash shop with pretty much just fashion, mounts and dragon orbs. Now, what do you think that would do to their sales? The answer is, the sales would pretty much die. And with them, the game as well.

So good, you just proposed an idea of how to kill the game.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    coin sinks.......

buy spirit with coins
    buy wine with coins but keep with mats
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • Boryon - Sanctuary
    Boryon - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Not a good idea.

It favors high-level players and hardcore players too much. Anyone farming any instance where these token boxes drop would eventually end up with 4 sockets in every piece of their equipment, with Grade 9 or higher gems in each socket, plus practically infinite Guardian Scrolls, Rank 8 stuff and high-end tomes. Doesn't sound so much different from the high-end cash shoppers, now does it?

Well, anyone who does not farm those instances remains just about the same, they would have to grind money to buy tokens from the farmers and the farmers would just get richer and richer.

Also, a lot of the stuff you can get with tokens are cash shop items. Socket Stones, Mysterious Pages, Cupboard Stones, Bride/Groom Packs, Teleport Stones, Teleacoustics, Martial Arts Scrolls, Origination Orders, Guardian Scrolls, Wardrobe Stones, Makeover Scrolls, Stone of Refreshment, Galewind Spurs, Wind Widgets, Spurs of Alacrity, and as of recent, Oracles I-IX. Now, do you really think that they would put all of that into the game, for free? That would leave the Cash shop with pretty much just fashion, mounts and dragon orbs. Now, what do you think that would do to their sales? The answer is, the sales would pretty much die. And with them, the game as well.

So good, you just proposed an idea of how to kill the game.

I was more referring to items such as apatho that only the territory holder of say 1k streams can make. I may be incorrect in this but i heard there are certain items that only the owner of the territory can manufacture. It was these items i was referring to. I agree the boutique items and even those from anni packs for coin would be a bad idea.
  • Kaneharo - Dreamweaver
    Kaneharo - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Note that I never said it was a good idea. But even hardcore players couldn't get their hands on the token packs quickly even if they wanted to. RBs take at least three hours, FC runs take longer than an hour, and it isn't like someone can complete Cube in 15 minutes either. Just doing the RBs farming them straight for a full day, you'd only get 16 of them. And that's provided you can find a non-fail squad that's willing to work for 24 hours. If anything, completing cube isn't exactly something everyone could farm efficiently either. even FC, where you'd also need a good squad. But the thing is, this method would also effectively reduce the number of people, oracle babies or not, that don't know how to work in a squad. And even to open the packs themselves, you'd have to farm enough coins to open them, therefore you'd have to farm just as many coins as you have packs.
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞
    ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Pew Pew Pew!
    Quotes of Awesomeness:
    "that word, "solo". i don't think it means what you think it means." - LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]