PWI on Iphone?

SmexyTwinky - Heavens Tear
SmexyTwinky - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Support Desk
Is this possible yet? I mean, I know its not even supported for mac yet, but I know people who HAVE mac and play it, so can it be done on the Iphone? Any ideas?
Post edited by SmexyTwinky - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Due to the sheer size of the game, I doubt this is possible. b:victory
  • SmexyTwinky - Heavens Tear
    SmexyTwinky - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I have thought about that, and the Iphone I have is 16 gigs, thus the question
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited January 2010
    There are many reasons why this wouldn't work, but the best one I can think of off the top of my head is that Perfect World requires a Windows OS, which the iPhone doesn't have.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Surtr wrote: »
    There are many reasons why this wouldn't work, but the best one I can think of off the top of my head is that Perfect World requires a Windows OS or simulation of a Windows OS, which the iPhone doesn't have.

b:avoid
    pw works on teh human OS of macs and linux.
    b:surrender
    but we just choose to has the actual working copy of windows.
    b:surrender
    .....of course it takes years before we can get our paws on the next human software.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aurores - Heavens Tear
    Aurores - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    why would anyone want to play pwi on a phone in the first place? b:question
    Retired b:bye
  • HealthPotion - Raging Tide
    HealthPotion - Raging Tide Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    why would anyone want to play pwi on a phone in the first place? b:question

Why wouldnt they.. if they can take a CPU game out.. Im sure they would... Thats why they created laptops..
  • AnotherDay - Raging Tide
    AnotherDay - Raging Tide Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I have to say that would be epic. playing pwi on a phone
    Helping other to live to fight another day. That is my job.
    My guild: OUTLAW
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Why wouldnt they.. if they can take a CPU game out.. Im sure they would... Thats why they created laptops..

Actually no. For one, the current gaming community still does and always has considered laptops, even the so-called "gaming laptops" to be bad for actual gaming. For two, currently most laptops are used by workers to ... work.

And actually, playing a game like PWI only on a laptop kinda sucks, touchpad is really a bad way of maneuvering in a game. I know, I've done it, and I cannot stand it, so I carry around a mouse and a mousepad.
    I have thought about that, and the Iphone I have is 16 gigs, thus the question

Not a question of memory, more so about processing power. Just because the phone has a large amount of memory does not mean that it's somehow capable of doing stuff like that.

Even assuming that the phone could run it, it would be extremely laggy even on the lowest settings due to the far higher specs on any PC capable of running the game smoothly and the battery would die at an extremely high rate, making it pointless.

Oh, and not to mention that playing the game off that tiny 3.5 inch screen would be pretty much impossible. Also, the resolution of the iPhone, 320x480, is much smaller than the smallest setting that PWI runs on, that being 640x480, so you would end up with an extremely distorted picture, making it even more unplayable.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Azus - Heavens Tear
    Azus - Heavens Tear Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Not a question of memory, more so about processing power. Just because the phone has a large amount of memory does not mean that it's somehow capable of doing stuff like that.

Even assuming that the phone could run it, it would be extremely laggy even on the lowest settings due to the far higher specs on any PC capable of running the game smoothly and the battery would die at an extremely high rate, making it pointless.

Oh, and not to mention that playing the game off that tiny 3.5 inch screen would be pretty much impossible. Also, the resolution of the iPhone, 320x480, is much smaller than the smallest setting that PWI runs on, that being 640x480, so you would end up with an extremely distorted picture, making it even more unplayable.

^this b:beatup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"While it is good to have an end to journey toward, it is the journey that matters the most in the end"
This discussion has been closed.