Numbers on Skill Bar...

Options
Aelric - Lost City
Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Support Desk
Am I just going crazy lol... or are the numbers on the skill bar... Missing b:shocked

Like F1-F8 and 1-9
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
-Dr. Seuss
b:victory
Post edited by Aelric - Lost City on

Comments

• Kimbley - Harshlands
    Kimbley - Harshlands Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I have no idea what you're talking about, they're all there for me b:victory

Just kidding, they be gone b:sad
    It must suck for the new people b:cry
  • Somebody - Raging Tide
    Somebody - Raging Tide Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i'm guessing its due to the fact you can now customize your own "keys" for those and others. so they wouldn't be accurate anymore for some people
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Just kidding, they be gone b:sad
    It must suck for the new people b:cry

Thats exactly what i was thinking lol, i mean, i know what they mean, and i dont even look at my skill bar half the time, but i did today and was like ZOMGZORDS where bez numbas?!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i'm guessing its due to the fact you can now customize your own "keys" for those and others. so they wouldn't be accurate anymore for some people

thats a poor design... what keys could you possibly bind your skill bar to besides the numbers lol... i have never seen a game where your skill bar wasnt the F keys or the number keys, or both b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Dr. Seuss
  • DevinLee - Sanctuary
    DevinLee - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    thats a poor design... what keys could you possibly bind your skill bar to besides the numbers lol... i have never seen a game where your skill bar wasnt the F keys or the number keys, or both b:surrender

i completely agree i have never played a game that they were not the f-keys or the number-keys. this is quite funny in my opinion.
  • Somebody - Raging Tide
    Somebody - Raging Tide Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

well to be honest a lot of regular games (non mmo) use different set up for keys. like shift key, Q, E, Z, X and C keys since these are all relatively close the the original WASD keys for running/walking around.

i myself was maybe thinking of getting a different key setup to use my skills in a faster and more natural way. since i can only really use my left hand on the keyboard and my right on the mouse i tend to click with the mouse on all skills besides the first 5 keys i can actually reach easy. so thats 6,7,8 and 9 i use my mouse for. witch takes time and attention. these could be spend otherwise like reacting on players movements (PVP/TW) or just finding a next target in just anything since most mobs are dead within 10seconds depending on the mob. making keys like i mentioned earlier available for skills would increase speed thus making it easier to respond on a lot more. instead of wasting time clicking 6-9 keys for the rare occasions i have to use them.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    That's... actually a valid point.

I don't see it as likely that anyone is going to bind them to anything else (I mean, if you did, what WOULD you use the number keys for? Movement? I don't think anyone still uses kingston joysticks...)

Still, it ought to display what they are currently bound to. If nothing else - how do you know which bar is function keys and which the numbers?
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Am I just going crazy lol... or are the numbers on the skill bar... Missing b:shocked

Like F1-F8 and 1-9

ye they are lol
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    That's... actually a valid point.

I don't see it as likely that anyone is going to bind them to anything else (I mean, if you did, what WOULD you use the number keys for? Movement? I don't think anyone still uses kingston joysticks...)

Still, it ought to display what they are currently bound to. If nothing else - how do you know which bar is function keys and which the numbers?

exactly lol, new ppl will have no idea

also, there arent any other possible keys to bind all the skills on if you want them to be together.... unless you rebind every single key in the game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Dr. Seuss
  • MzTeacake - Raging Tide
    MzTeacake - Raging Tide Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I wonder if I can change the movement keys to my arrows... and put a few skills on that upper left hand corner or letters instead.. Hm.. *Tries out*I've always hatted having to glue my fingers on the numbers on my laptop, it's hard enough trying to move the camera angle and move with my mouse since I find it difficult to run, or fly properly with the given keyboard shortcuts.

But I use a desktop as well so it's a different story when it comes to that since it actually has a number pad and extra space rather than my compact laptop D;
  • Zhou_Yu - Heavens Tear
    Zhou_Yu - Heavens Tear Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    My wife and I noticed the same thing with ours. No numbers or "F" key listed in the bar spots. b:sad Only reason I can see for it is the new function for the Hotkey setup. Allowing us to assign any key we want to use for those functions. If you assign different keys to your bar, kind of makes the numbers and F keys, previously listed there, pointless.

Though, having been playing for quite some time myself, I'm not sure I could use different keys. lmao! Waaaaaay to accustomed to using the numbers and F keys.
This discussion has been closed.