Cleric/Elves anti-stealth skill,

Options
SysGen - Harshlands
SysGen - Harshlands Posts: 40 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Suggestion Box
else there won't be any more clerics left soon - at least on the PvP servers.

Problem: Assassin goes stealth, double/tripple sparks, cleric, due to low pdef, dead in one hit.

Solution: Anti-stealth genie skill cleric/elves only or plume shell duration == cooldown.

Why clerics/elves only u might wonder. Well lets check out the classes:

Barb/BM -> high hp/pdef (heavy) -> has a chance to react.
Mage -> mid hp/pdef (stone barrier), quite high pdef for robe user @ 90+ -> has chance to react.
Veno -> mid hp/pdef (fox), quite high pdef for robe user @ 90+ -> has chance to react.
Psy -> mid hp/pdef (spam def increase), also autostun skill if getting attacked by melee -> has chance to react.
Assassin -> mid, up to high hp/mid pdef, high evasion, evasion skill, anti-stealth skill -> has chance to react.
Archer -> mid hp/pdef, high evasion -> has chance to react if assassin misses due to the high evasion else easy kill, thats why a possible genie skill should be elves and not cleric only.
Cleric -> low/mid hp/low pdef, high pdef with plume shell BUT its duration is 20 sec while cooldown is 30 - 10 sec for assassin to spark and one hit the cleric. There is currently no way for a cleric (and archer if assassin doesn't miss) to counterattack a sparked assassin coming out of stealth, while the other classes have time enough to, at least, cast one skill.

This of course can vary to higher stats, depending on your purse, but basically, that's how it looks like.
Post edited by SysGen - Harshlands on

Comments

• Dragon_slayr - Sanctuary
    Dragon_slayr - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Hey I'm an archer. I don't think my def is very high.
    I get pawned by everyone even if there a lower lvl than me b:sad-plz explain that genie thingy u were talking about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Life is every where
    It is in you now and forever it shall stay
    Life is the wind blowing sideways
    Life is the winter and the summer b:victoryb:victory
  • SysGen - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Don't worry Dragon_slayr, this will change at lvl 59 and even more at 90(+).
    Hey I'm an archer. I don't think my def is very high.
    I get pawned by everyone even if there a lower lvl than me b:sad-plz explain that genie thingy u were talking about.
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    if there were ever a anti stealth genie skill it should be so every class can use it but it better have a lot of affinity points & be expensive to use cus stealth could(dont no much about sins) possiblely be one of the sins life lines in pvp
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Vit-build clerics at endgame have tons and tons of HP. I'm pretty sure they can survive a sparked hit from sins.

I think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arthios - Raging Tide
    Arthios - Raging Tide Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ur best bet is to catch a sin off guard/ sleep-spark-lighting...if u cant 1 shot em u fail b:surrender

and trust me squishy classes get downed kinda easily by sins ive seen sins easily take out casters 10+ lvls on em >.<
  • Xter - Heavens Tear
    Xter - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Its PvP, Adapt!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Its PvP, Adapt!

THIS!
    stack heals/pop super pots/Use genie skills/Get a darn party member to smack em dead before you drop!
    b:surrender
    srsly
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    THIS!
    stack heals/pop super pots/Use genie skills/Get a darn party member to smack em dead before you drop!
    srsly

Never faced an assassin but.. cant they just do all of this when you're grinding/killing a boss. Out of nowhere, sparked hit and you go bye bye.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Never faced an assassin but.. cant they just do all of this when you're grinding/killing a boss. Out of nowhere, sparked hit and you go bye bye.

they go red then you start a manhunt.
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    blank space in genie skill tree will pershap something that will counter new tideborn skill

psychic 79 skill are unknown we will maybe be the one that will have to scout for sin sthealth ( i like this idea ) =P

if u own raging tide territory u can craft anti-sthealth potion

absolute domain can be if lucky used to make u immune to sin attack
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • Trancesend - Harshlands
    Trancesend - Harshlands Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    click on ground AOEs would be nice counter for stealth. = click on skill then use mouse to put the AOE wherever u want.
    Some genie skill to make Sin unstealth makes the sins stealth kinda pointless?
  • SysGen - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ur best bet is to catch a sin off guard/ sleep-spark-lighting...if u cant 1 shot em u fail b:surrender

and trust me squishy classes get downed kinda easily by sins ive seen sins easily take out casters 10+ lvls on em >.<

What has this to do with a sin one shooting sparked a cleric (and archer)? And even if you catch him off guard and use your combo you cant one shot them because of their skill which saves them from one deadly shot. Until you cast the 2nd, they already forced stealth with good reaction..
    THIS!
    srsly

Helps really much against a sin one shooting you sparked after coming out of stealth.. Stealth, MagicHamsta, is the thing that makes you invisible to other classes. And just to make sure you really understand, stealth means you cant see the sin, because he is invisible, preparing to one shot you. I want to see how you use any of the things you wrote while of after being one shot lol..
    click on ground AOEs would be nice counter for stealth. = click on skill then use mouse to put the AOE wherever u want.
    Some genie skill to make Sin unstealth makes the sins stealth kinda pointless?

So no more flying or under water fights?! If the anti-stealth genie skill is only like 10 seconds and uses alot energy and stamina like absolute domain, cleric or elves only because of the things described in the 1st post, I don't see what would make the sins stealth skill pointless. So they should take out blood clot too, because it makes a 200$ pets bleeding skill pointless or adrenaline surge, because it make clerics sleep pointless, or etc pp..
  • ChaseyLain - Lost City
    ChaseyLain - Lost City Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    else there won't be any more clerics left soon - at least on the PvP servers.

Problem: Assassin goes stealth, double/tripple sparks, cleric, due to low pdef, dead in one hit.

Solution: Anti-stealth genie skill cleric/elves only or plume shell duration == cooldown.

Why clerics/elves only u might wonder. Well lets check out the classes:

Barb/BM -> high hp/pdef (heavy) -> has a chance to react.
    Mage -> mid hp/pdef (stone barrier), quite high pdef for robe user @ 90+ -> has chance to react.
    Veno -> mid hp/pdef (fox), quite high pdef for robe user @ 90+ -> has chance to react.
    Psy -> mid hp/pdef (spam def increase), also autostun skill if getting attacked by melee -> has chance to react.
    Assassin -> mid, up to high hp/mid pdef, high evasion, evasion skill, anti-stealth skill -> has chance to react.
    Archer -> mid hp/pdef, high evasion -> has chance to react if assassin misses due to the high evasion else easy kill, thats why a possible genie skill should be elves and not cleric only.
    Cleric -> low/mid hp/low pdef, high pdef with plume shell BUT its duration is 20 sec while cooldown is 30 - 10 sec for assassin to spark and one hit the cleric. There is currently no way for a cleric (and archer if assassin doesn't miss) to counterattack a sparked assassin coming out of stealth, while the other classes have time enough to, at least, cast one skill.

This of course can vary to higher stats, depending on your purse, but basically, that's how it looks like.

how does a mage/veno possibly have more hp than a cleric? clerics have more hp than most mages or venos if you really want to know.
  • CornHilario - Heavens Tear
    CornHilario - Heavens Tear Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Vit-build clerics at endgame have tons and tons of HP. I'm pretty sure they can survive a sparked hit from sins.

I think.

i find the cleric class to be the TANKIEST of the squishy classes, honestly. with plume shell or one of their other 3 reduce/eliminate damage skills, probably. b:chuckle

or u can call out the CORN MAN and ill give him/her a taste of my calamities.

disclaimer: seriously, those axes are out to get me, they zerk like half the time >.> not that thats necisarily BAD, but still. :pp
    One corn to rule them all and in the darkness cream them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MS paint ftw. Disclaimer: my suit is actually gray, not black.

♥: The best f♥♥king censor ever. Always remember to show
    love to eachother on the forum even when you are cussing eachother out.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Hmm i like the idea of AoE skills that dont need to have a 'target'.
    Give one to all classes and there you go...
    b:dirty
  • Q - Dreamweaver
    Q - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    A sin 1 hit me in TW.. They hit harder than archer.. b:surrender
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    A sin 1 hit me in TW.. They hit harder than archer.. b:surrender

Same happened to me b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Cleric and wizard have the same HP. IJS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Not only do sins have that stealth skill, they can also dodge enemy skills. So if I"m hearing this right, they can dodge MAGIC (they don't actually dodge, it just deals 1 damage). How OP is that? >.>

If it takes me 4 seconds to channel my attack it better sure as hell hit you(do more than 1 damage)!b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SysGen - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    how does a mage/veno possibly have more hp than a cleric? clerics have more hp than most mages or venos if you really want to know.

Yes, I really want to know how clerics can have more hp than mage/veno.

Here my arguments why I think that is not the case:

Mage: High dmg output, can put some points in VIT and still do a lot dmg.
    Veno: Has its friendly helper (pet), not to mention a nix bleed eating hp like there's no tomorrow.. Can put points in VIT since pet deals dmg while veno mainly debuffs etc.
    Cleric: Depend if you're passive (mostly healing) or active (attacking) built. For passive you can put points in VIT (and most will do so) but active cannot put that many points in VIT to have more hp than mages/venos as u claim.

Now your arguments how a cleric can have more hp than mages/venos.. (I don't count spamming Ironheart as "higher hp" in PVP..)
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

Veno: Has its friendly helper (pet), not to mention a nix bleed eating hp like there's no tomorrow.. Can put points in VIT since pet deals dmg while veno mainly debuffs etc.
    Cleric: Depend if you're passive (mostly healing) or active (attacking) built. For passive you can put points in VIT (and most will do so) but active cannot put that many points in VIT to have more hp than mages/venos as u claim.

Now your arguments how a cleric can have more hp than mages/venos.. (I don't count spamming Ironheart as "higher hp" in PVP..)

Some of the clerics on this forum have over 10k hp. I don't know all their names, nor do I know them well enough to call them out, but they're there.

All in all, getting one-shotted is part of the game. A lot of people can get oneshotted by mages, but there's always a price to pay for that power. (almost always)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Helps really much against a sin one shooting you sparked after coming out of stealth.. Stealth, MagicHamsta, is the thing that makes you invisible to other classes. And just to make sure you really understand, stealth means you cant see the sin, because he is invisible, preparing to one shot you. I want to see how you use any of the things you wrote while of after being one shot lol..

simple...use them before being 1 shot.
    b:sweat
    stealth has nothing to do with damage output.
    b:sweat
    if me can survive even up to 1-3 of their hits...then me will have enough time to do what me said....
    well me won't really discuss me plans until after me has more information/testing done.
    but what me predict and be relying on is that they CAN'T 1 shot other classes at end game.
    hopefully decent robes @ 90/100 + stone barrier be enough to buy me time.

also um why do me has the feeling you has little to no high level pvp experience?
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

What the hell are you smoking? Mages and Clerics have the same hp, end of story. This "can" put more vit stuff is bullcrap.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    What the hell are you smoking? Mages and Clerics have the same hp, end of story. This "can" put more vit stuff is bullcrap.

the only real difference be their survival skills...
    wizard = stone barrier = p def
    clerics = plume shell = mana shield.

both be pretty nice.
    b:thanks
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    on the clerics having less hp then mage/veno, clerics do have less hp then veno. clerics and wizzy's get 10 venos get 12 per vit. but then wizzy's for constant pdef buff have earth shield which is 100% buff while clerics vanguard is 80% and wizzy's can have cleric buffs which really aren't too hard to get. while clerics can never have earth shield. But I do think clerics make the most sense to get invisibility detector if any class gets it, but either way genie both click a click aoe and genie skill I think should be added.
  • SysGen - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    simple...use them before being 1 shot.

LOL Ok MagicHamsta tell me what a cleric can use before getting one shot from an three sparked sin -> coming out of stealth <- if you -> don't know when <- he comes out/attacks because you -> can't see him/her <-.
    if me can survive even up to 1-3 of their hits...then me will have enough time to do what me said.... Hopefully decent robes @ 90/100 + stone barrier be enough to buy me time.

You are a mage, aren't you?! Read #1 again. Slowly..
    also um why do me has the feeling you has little to no high level pvp experience?

You made my day. :))

As you said, hopefully end of story of such "productive" posts [SARCASM]since you are absolutely right[/SARCASM].
  • Astarielle - Heavens Tear
    Astarielle - Heavens Tear Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    My first pvp experience with a 'sin wasn't good. Due do excessive lag I was (fully buffed) pked by an archer in cube without any chance to respond - but died to room 35 I think instead of room 1.

So I was now completely unbuffed - and no genie skills available. 'No one' was in the room, I'm sure, but an assassin suddenly appeared right in front of me and 1-shot me for 5.5k. Pked twice in 3 seconds must be a record...b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:surprised b:chuckle
  • BeauDanieL - Heavens Tear
    BeauDanieL - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    with a sin's Zerk crit there will never be enough hp to resist that. I try to always have my trigger ready to AD as soon as they pop out of stealth and sleep them right away but its an iffy 50/50 they can hit so fast their hit never even registers but your dead anyways. Something should be done to even that out its way ridiculous. If they can 3 spark and pop out so fast that there hit never registers and back into stealth before your AD even takes effect thats bs.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    with a sin's Zerk crit there will never be enough hp to resist that. I try to always have my trigger ready to AD as soon as they pop out of stealth and sleep them right away but its an iffy 50/50 they can hit so fast their hit never even registers but your dead anyways. Something should be done to even that out its way ridiculous. If they can 3 spark and pop out so fast that there hit never registers and back into stealth before your AD even takes effect thats bs.
    NECROOO!!!!!!!

BeauDanieL - Heavens Tear replied to a message that was 3 years 2 months 20 days 18 hours 40 minutes old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Options
    closed for necro

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.