Low Level Reset

Options
Dreaded_Fate - Lost City
Dreaded_Fate - Lost City Posts: 219 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Suggestion Box
Introduction:
I see more and more inexperienced players come onto the forums to ask about a build and find out that their build is extremely messed up. I myself started off as an archer and at lvl 13 i thought 20 points in each stat is the way to go right? I had no idea. Recently I have seen more and more players have to start completely over from lvl 30-40. (It may not seem like a long time to take, but for someone completely starting out it takes at least a considerable amount of time)

Example:
sedzejevec wrote: »
i do really low damage on normal attack. im lvl 34 and i hit about 300 or even less with normal attack. is that normal. my build is a little messed up(13vit,18mag). is that because of this?
http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=6331731#post6331731

Solution:
At Level 30, as well as with the aerogear you recieve, you should have a chance to reset all of your stats. This is just like how we get a makeover scroll in the 20's. If you don't need it, chose 5k coins instead. You cannot take it and hoard it until your later levels. It expires within an hour from which you take the quest for the reset. This will not lose many sales with resets because, the lvl 30 community does not purchase them. If i made a mistake I would weight the options, Either pay 5 gold or start over again. I would probably start over again, and in result people don't want to play anymore if they have to start over. Which loses more people who continue on to play.

I would also like to hear your experience of first starting out if you had no guide to go on. Thank you b:victory
[EvilMarlon - Sanctuary] It would be nice to be a male veno i tryed a veno and my dad saw me and he thought i was **** it took me a whole month for him to even talk to me again. <-- LMAO b:chuckle
Post edited by Dreaded_Fate - Lost City on

Comments

• Kesseron - Dreamweaver
    Kesseron - Dreamweaver Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    only if TB can get this until level 50 due to the new update. I'm already almost level 40 and i screwed up my sin by putting a few points in vit and mag around level 20 and didnt want to start a new char. b:shocked
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    One hour isn't long enough. It should be seven days, that way they have plenty of time to decide what to change on their build. It also shouldn't be as large as a CS reset scroll, maybe like the charms? Just enough to see how they work and want another.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Dreaded_Fate - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    One hour isn't long enough. It should be seven days, that way they have plenty of time to decide what to change on their build. It also shouldn't be as large as a CS reset scroll, maybe like the charms? Just enough to see how they work and want another.

The length is easily adjustable. They have until they are at least lvl 31 to decide and accept. It would have the regular quest affect you can't get it after 11 levels so at 41 it would be unavailable.
    [EvilMarlon - Sanctuary] It would be nice to be a male veno i tryed a veno and my dad saw me and he thought i was **** it took me a whole month for him to even talk to me again. <-- LMAO b:chuckle
  • Chobsi - Heavens Tear
    Chobsi - Heavens Tear Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I dont see whats wrong with hoarding a reset.
    If you make it like the makeover scroll so you cant sell it...
    Why not be able to save it for later like the makeover scroll?...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Chobsi the only thing your good at is making your character look good, otherwise your fail"
    "Did that 95 BM just kill himself to your Herc? Mmm..Yep"
    "Oh that thing I thought was a statue, it 1 shot me, switch to your cleric please"
    "So that Hercules guy from the disney movie really aged well.."
    ~Chobsi b:cute
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I think it'd be a cool idea, and I wouldn't mind if it was permanent or 7 day temp. make it like the makeover scroll, I think would work best though. permanent but can't trade.
  • Dreaded_Fate - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I dont see whats wrong with hoarding a reset.
    If you make it like the makeover scroll so you cant sell it...
    Why not be able to save it for later like the makeover scroll?...

Has a better chance to be implemented if you can't hoard it because if it is a reset ALL stats (probably worth 10 gold) and they would lose sales.