Climb The Mast Quest

AprilLove_ - Heavens Tear
AprilLove_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
edited October 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
I cannot understand how silly this quest is. It is absolutely impossible to get up to that rope from the stow of the shipwreck.

Would someone explain how i can do that? My assassin started up thru the left side and got as far as that part where the walkway to the rope is all sloped. It is impossbile to jump up to rope when I keep sliding down. It would have been nice to not have the slope there but yes i know i know everyone wants a challenge, but not all of us want to spend like 3 hours trying to get to the mast.
Post edited by AprilLove_ - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Downloadzfox - Heavens Tear
    Downloadzfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Use a flying mount or something :s not that higher level so i wouldnt know
  • AprilLove_ - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    I dont think I can use flying mount because I think i gota be level 20 or 30 to get flying skill.
  • AprilLove_ - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    such a stupid quest.
  • Kawakami - Dreamweaver
    Kawakami - Dreamweaver Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Just walk+jump or double jump your way up there. Once you see yourself sliding upwards, keep on moving forward and jump whenever you can.
    Few people make mistakes with fire after being once burned, of people who regard water lightly many have been drowned - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
  • Kimbley - Harshlands
    Kimbley - Harshlands Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    It's seriously not that hard =P
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited January 2010

+1 I think I fell like 3 times total.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Zakuraa - Raging Tide
    Zakuraa - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2010

To some, it is. T_T b:cry
  • Furtive - Heavens Tear
    Furtive - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I think i fell once or never, it only tooks 5 minutes, not 3 hours, learn to jumpb:laugh
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I had a guy carry me b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Furtive - Heavens Tear
    Furtive - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2010

Its not fair, you are hotb:cute
  • Zakuraa - Raging Tide
    edited January 2010
    I should try that. b:victory
    I think i fell once or never, it only tooks 5 minutes, not 3 hours, learn to jumpb:laugh

I learned to jump. o.o I slide off the pole.. b:shocked that's my only issue..
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Its not fair, you are hotb:cute

He tried really hard to show me first and I couldn't get it. >_<
    I should try that. b:victory

I learned to jump. o.o I slide off the pole.. b:shocked that's my only issue..

Yeah, I got onto the boat, then up ALMOST to where the rope is...could never get past that though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
  • Zakuraa - Raging Tide
    edited January 2010
    Okay.. I just did it and figured it out, but I don't think I can repeat it. xD
  • Kawakami - Dreamweaver
    Kawakami - Dreamweaver Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Okay.. I just did it and figured it out, but I don't think I can repeat it. xD

I'm sure you can repeat it after you've done it. I did it only once and didn't fall off or anything.. Funny thing was that I saw some guys crying that it was impossible and logged off, then I completed it within 3 minutes b:surrender
    Few people make mistakes with fire after being once burned, of people who regard water lightly many have been drowned - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
  • nondeju
    nondeju Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010

lol I came here for info since I also failed to climb up, and as I was looking like an idiot this nice guy came and asked me if I needed help, so I said yes, and he carried me up there too.

Many thanks to him! b:thanks
  • inisj
    inisj Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    If you look at the top part of the mast, there are two different planes/angles on it. If you double jump onto the top part (shallower angle) you can simply walk up.
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I just held down the space bar (jump) when I tried it. Got it on my first try.

Then again, I spent a long time below level 30 on my veno and had lots of practice climbing mountains and **** in game.
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • Lady_Ruse - Heavens Tear
    Lady_Ruse - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I have booty shorts fash so i did it on the first try b:pleasedb:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Epic enough.. all trolls will be under the influence of teh BAN button! ^.^
  • LadyPenelope - Harshlands
    LadyPenelope - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Once you know how to do it, it's simple.
    You need to stand on the block right before it starts sloping up. Then jump once, go as far as you can, and then hit jump again and it should let you walk right up it.
    Took me a few tries when I did it but it's not impossible.
    Good luck!b:pleased
  • Pledge - Harshlands
    Pledge - Harshlands Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Just Remember:
    You Can Walk On The Rope Without Falling Off.
    I'm a male... Humanoid... Thing... Well, I'm full of something.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    b:sweat
    why humans be so uncoordinated?
    b:surrender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    After failing this multiple times on my Assassin, I came up with this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rNUZXcA3uY

For all you having trouble b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Those climb/jump/leap quests were always weird...fun, but weird.

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    After failing this multiple times on my Assassin, I came up with this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rNUZXcA3uY

For all you having trouble b:surrender

why you has to walk?
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited February 2010

Show me the hanging from ropes mechanism and I'll love you foreverrrrr b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lordmalc
    lordmalc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I think the main problem is that even when you get to the stole, on the left side there is no obvious place to jump onto, so even if you have seen a video, and know where you are supposed to be jumping, it can still be hard, due to latency, luck, whether using a mouse or the keyboard keys to direct your character, whether you have walk or run enabled, whether the stars align for you just so or whether they fall into a black hole of who gives a ****.
    Personally I think the jumping quests are stupid since they are pretty much the only time in the game I need to try to jump on anything to succeed at something I want.
    Oh and it makes no difference if someone got lucky enough or tell themselves they were skilled enough to do it the first time or in three minutes or etc.; nobody cares about your bragging it doesn't help anyone who is having trouble.
  • Nudefoxy - Lost City
    Nudefoxy - Lost City Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    noob there is a way to do this so go practice ur double jump
  • skroback
    skroback Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
  • _WaterWitch_ - Heavens Tear
    _WaterWitch_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    not caring if some1 posted this already :P u go up to where the robe connects on the front end of the boat (me dont know boat speak sorry >.<) u face the front end, on the left jump twice, there should be a little spot a few feet up, you'll stick and u should be able to jump up to the very top, when i got up there, i hit the Walk/Run toggle, so i walked accross the rope. srry if me confusing hope this helped
  • Kiddbuu - Harshlands
    Kiddbuu - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I cannot understand how silly this quest is. It is absolutely impossible to get up to that rope from the stow of the shipwreck.

Would someone explain how i can do that? My assassin started up thru the left side and got as far as that part where the walkway to the rope is all sloped. It is impossbile to jump up to rope when I keep sliding down. It would have been nice to not have the slope there but yes i know i know everyone wants a challenge, but not all of us want to spend like 3 hours trying to get to the mast.

when u get to that spot on the left side get as close as u can n then double jump to the upper right n then just keep on jumping thats how i did it if u need more help or jst want me to show u pm me n ill walk you through it
This discussion has been closed.