Pause in background toggle.

Kesseron - Dreamweaver
Kesseron - Dreamweaver Posts: 30 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Suggestion Box
You know how if the Element Client isnt the active window, everything in it pauses? It would be nice if you could toggle this on and off, so like, if i wanted to, i could browse the web while being able to have a corner of the client in the background so i can watch faction chat and whispers without being required to bring the client to the front constantly to see if anyone has said anything.
Post edited by Kesseron - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear
    XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    You know how if the Element Client isnt the active window, everything in it pauses? It would be nice if you could toggle this on and off, so like, if i wanted to, i could browse the web while being able to have a corner of the client in the background so i can watch faction chat and whispers without being required to bring the client to the front constantly to see if anyone has said anything.

That might not be possible since it is a online game their for you would have to pause the game for everyone
    Thanks for the siggy Dorset
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

-Currently residing in the real world-
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    do you run windows XP?
    then yesh it be possible

it involves teh cascading and tileing the screen.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kimbley - Harshlands
    Kimbley - Harshlands Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    That might not be possible since it is a online game their for you would have to pause the game for everyone

He means that the picture pauses.... the game keeps running.... When you go back to the window the picture just instantly jumps to wherever you happen to have went or whatever has changed. The OP just wants that to not happen, and for the screen to continue to be active even while on a different window.
  • Kesseron - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010

It's definitely possible. I do with with other games like-...
    Well I do it with other games all the time.

edit: oh, yeah. nevermind you misunderstood. I'm talking about what Kimbley just explained.
  • Kesseron - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    bump
    /10 char
  • CornHilario - Heavens Tear
    CornHilario - Heavens Tear Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    its easy if u use vista, just press the windows key(the button next to the [alt]'s with a picture of the windows icon :P) then the game minimizes into the task bar with the name: Element Client. then just do what u want. to resume, click it again. watch out for report bugs tho. x.x
    One corn to rule them all and in the darkness cream them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MS paint ftw. Disclaimer: my suit is actually gray, not black.

♥: The best f♥♥king censor ever. Always remember to show
    love to eachother on the forum even when you are cussing eachother out.
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    Shivalia - Lost City Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    do you run windows XP?
    then yesh it be possible

it involves teh cascading and tileing the screen.

IT WORKS! b:victory I just tried it :D Thanks Hamsta!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    its easy if u use vista, just press the windows key(the button next to the [alt]'s with a picture of the windows icon :P) then the game minimizes into the task bar with the name: Element Client. then just do what u want. to resume, click it again. watch out for report bugs tho. x.x

You misunderstood b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."