Question Bout Pet EXP Gain

SmilingCooki - Sanctuary
SmilingCooki - Sanctuary Posts: 152 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Venomancer
So, I just got a Glacial Walker, and I want to Lv it to my Lv. Should I just let the pet kill the monsters, or should I help? Will it affect EXP gain?
Don't stare at me like that, I just might like it.
Post edited by SmilingCooki - Sanctuary on

Comments

• JenaiChan - Sanctuary
    JenaiChan - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    So, I just got a Glacial Walker, and I want to Lv it to my Lv. Should I just let the pet kill the monsters, or should I help? Will it affect EXP gain?

Yes you can help your pet. It won't affect your exp gain for the pet (99.9999-% sure that it doesn't) at all. A tactic that I would suggest is that you can find level 19 mobs and level from there, and then proceed to the next level of mobs. Or just kill one mob by yourself while the other is killing the other. b:cute
    o.o.
  • SmilingCooki - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Yes you can help your pet. It won't affect your exp gain for the pet (99.9999-% sure that it doesn't) at all. A tactic that I would suggest is that you can find level 19 mobs and level from there, and then proceed to the next level of mobs. Or just kill one mob by yourself while the other is killing the other. b:cute

Would killing higher Lv mobs give it more EXP or the same amount?
  • turdstealer
    turdstealer Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2010

You get max exp from killing mobs at the pets level or higher. No additional benefit from the mobs being higher level than the pet.

Just make sure you have pet's loyalty at 501 or higher for the exp bonus.
  • JenaiChan - Sanctuary
    JenaiChan - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2010

Nope, it's same exp. If for example, your pet is 19 at the moment, while fighting a level 19 mob, it would get 15exp (I think, haven't grinded in a week). If it's like a Lv. 20 mob, then it WOULD STILL get 15exp D:. I wish it would make it higher. Edit : Leveling my pet with like 15x/2250 exp stinks.

Double edit : What that person said. (500+ loyalty and stuffies)
    o.o.
  • SmilingCooki - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Thanks for the help guys.