Love the game but hate the Assassin Class

snawsage
snawsage Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2010 in General Discussion
I am not enamored at all of the latest class added to the game .. namely, the assassin. I think I hate everything about them - the dipped shoulder when they run, the bobbing at the knees when they stand, the hair over the eye (like every teenager from the 70s), etc..

Although I find the overall player behavior in this game friendly and helpful, I am now weary of the appeal of this class. It looks tailor made for the pariahs of any MPG - namely, young, testosterone-filled males. You know, the ones you plague [other game not to be mentioned] and [other game not to be mentioned].
Post edited by snawsage on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    1) Then do not play one.

2) The mentioning of other games is not allowed on these forums. (Edited......after post lol)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Solartide - Sanctuary
    Solartide - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Are you serious? I can't say that I love to play Minesweeper?

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited January 2010

See #2 above in my post.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    What she meant was, "other online games" b:pleased
  • Ashendal - Dreamweaver
    Ashendal - Dreamweaver Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    It's all a matter of opinion. If you don't like the class just because of the art used to make it then that's a bit judgmental. If you actually look at the skills they can learn and try one you might be surprised. b:victory
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    so you hate a class because of the way it looks? ... mmm ok

its a fish assassin.. i mean.. yea
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Taarloor - Harshlands
    Taarloor - Harshlands Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I agree, Assassins are simply a class that seems to attract annoying people to them.

Normally when wasting my time at west gates ive noticed its good manners to ask people if you can damage test on them, however the people who are drawn to assassins seem to be the type that lack this moral fibre and they feel it is their duty to annoy everyone with sneak attacks and instant invisibility.

Assassins be warned, your annoying behavior will not be tolerated forever, and soon your whole class will be KoS for every self respecting non-invisibility having class.

MWHAHAHAHAHA
  • Iseria - Harshlands
    Iseria - Harshlands Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    snawsage wrote: »
    I am not enamored at all of the latest class added to the game .. namely, the assassin. I think I hate everything about them - the dipped shoulder when they run, the bobbing at the knees when they stand, the hair over the eye (like every teenager from the 70s), etc..

O.O where have you been the last decade?
    Emos.png
    to me assasins look more like this b:chuckle

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

lol'd xD
  • mesmerist
    mesmerist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I just hope the people playing them, don't turn out the same as the people in another game.. *cough ROGUES* *cough owWwWwWoWww...* at least the MAJORITY...
  • EIlvira - Heavens Tear
    EIlvira - Heavens Tear Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Geez I find all this rather judgmental lol. Not everyone who plays the Assassin is annoying or "emo" XD

I mean venos tend to hear the same wining about their class so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I actually love the assassin because it made playing a melee class fun for me lol. And I don't abuse stealth either D: Course I don't pk so I dunno about that lol.

I will agree I think the animations for the male sins could be nicer, the head down all the time just looks odd to me too, lol. I love the female sins though. so smexy 8D! That and... I can't play guy characters, feels weird to me since I am a girl lol.

I haven't met any cocky or irritating sins so far, even when I play my mains. Most I have met are generally very kind people... I think stereotyping people based on a class they play in an MMO is rather absurd wouldn't you say? :/
  • Iseria - Harshlands
    Iseria - Harshlands Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    mesmerist wrote: »
    I just hope the people playing them, don't turn out the same as the people in another game.. *cough ROGUES* *cough owWwWwWoWww...* at least the MAJORITY...

yes you are really subtle, no one spotted your message.
    next time add some *wink,wink* and no one will spot it.
  • Rumble - Harshlands
    Rumble - Harshlands Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I would agree that the look of the Sin is not what draws a certain crowd. For me I've played a Cleric and a Veno for a while and I was about to try Archer for a DD class or Barb for a melee class and then these guys came along. Kind of fit my playing requirement. (Although I will likely still make a barb and an archer as well at some point).

However I do agree that the male version of the animations and creation are a bit less then manly. I mean there was no predesigned lumberjack setting. The best I could get was a pre-made that looked like a kid waiting inline for Twilight New Moon tickets. Not exactly what I was looking for. How about a normal look with normal hair? Also the bobbing of the body, limp wrist and shoulder down is very ummmmmm, well ,,.....errrr......not that there's anything wrong with that. To each their own. Doesn't bother me, but i would have liked options when creating. I guess this sets up the release of their new fashion set.......The costumes from the Village People. I want the chaps and police officer's hat.......
  • AndyNagato - Lost City
    AndyNagato - Lost City Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i could say i disapprove of venomancers because they attract a crowd of failures 8 times out of 10 :o.

or clerics, because they come on the forum, and whine about failure squads every single freakin day

or archers, and how they always bicker about how they suck on their sub board.

or bms, who complain they think theyre being replaced by assassins

or barbarians for the same reason as veno, lets charge into a group ahead of the rest of us, and then complain when the clecric couldnt heal you on time and ends up getting a heal aggro/party wipe. sure, its the clerics fault!!

or wizards, who think its their job to steal aggro and result in party wipes, as if they dont, it hurts their egos o:.

!!!!!!!!!
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I happen to think the way the assasins run seems fine. What's wrong with the 70's?? b:surrender I was a 80's baby btw.

They sorta seem like most Ninja/Assasin movies how they run around stealthly.

<
    Is surprised to see what people will not like about something.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i could say i disapprove of venomancers because they attract a crowd of failures 8 times out of 10 :o.

or clerics, because they come on the forum, and whine about failure squads every single freakin day

or archers, and how they always bicker about how they suck on their sub board.

or bms, who complain they think theyre being replaced by assassins

or barbarians for the same reason as veno, lets charge into a group ahead of the rest of us, and then complain when the clecric couldnt heal you on time and ends up getting a heal aggro/party wipe. sure, its the clerics fault!!

or wizards, who think its their job to steal aggro and result in party wipes, as if they dont, it hurts their egos o:.

!!!!!!!!!

Ermm have you been reading the forum lately i haven't seen many if at all any of what u described here recently.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • AndyNagato - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    its happened all over the forums, not just general discussion.

do you not recall the thread about an82 cleric dying on qingzi?
    then look at all the subboards for each class, youll find exactly what im refering to lol. but if you could not tell, it was blatant sarcasm
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited January 2010

Yea i do but that was awhile back, an idiot like that isn't easily forgotten b:chuckle.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    its happened all over the forums, not just general discussion.

then look at all the subboards for each class, youll find exactly what im refering to lol. but if you could not tell, it was blatant sarcasm

Caution: off topic but funny and relates to andy's post...i watched a lvl 65 veno with herc die on the 8 mobs before quinzi (was trying to get my sin's mold quest done so couldnt really help much) she then quit the squad leaving a squad of 5 ppl about lvl 35 or less (mostly early 20s)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Caution: off topic but funny and relates to andy's post...i watched a lvl 65 veno with herc die on the 8 mobs before quinzi (was trying to get my sin's mold quest done so couldnt really help much) she then quit the squad leaving a squad of 5 ppl about lvl 35 or less (mostly early 20s)

O.o My beetle can take out 2-3 of those lieutenants before I have to stow, resummon and heal it if I don't feel like luring, and this when I send it into the middle of the pack; if that herc was up to level and fully buffed, it should have been able to do at least as well. That veno must have tried healing the herc when half or more of the lieutenants hadn't been hit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Klavarso - Lost City
    Klavarso - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2010

Although I find the overall player behavior in this game friendly and helpful, I am now weary of the appeal of this class. It looks tailor made for the pariahs of any MPG - namely, young, testosterone-filled males. You know, the ones you plague [other game not to be mentioned] and [other game not to be mentioned].

Wait a minute! I'm not a... Oh waitb:cold. Yeah, that's true. Carry on!b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Started Tuesday Jan-12-2010.

Body Count: 3 (more or less)b:surrender

Daily update.

Noodles suck...

More info in the near future...
  • Zhou_Yu - Heavens Tear
    Zhou_Yu - Heavens Tear Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    However I do agree that the male version of the animations and creation are a bit less then manly. I mean there was no predesigned lumberjack setting. The best I could get was a pre-made that looked like a kid waiting inline for Twilight New Moon tickets. Not exactly what I was looking for. How about a normal look with normal hair? Also the bobbing of the body, limp wrist and shoulder down is very ummmmmm, well ,,.....errrr......not that there's anything wrong with that. To each their own. Doesn't bother me, but i would have liked options when creating. I guess this sets up the release of their new fashion set.......The costumes from the Village People. I want the chaps and police officer's hat.......

I'm not sure I could have put it any better. I like the class but the look... um... yeah. Seriously what is with the lack of actual "manly" looks in the tideborn male classes and especially the some of the new fashion? If I want a "feminine" look to my character, I'll play a female. Male assassins should be far tougher and darker looking. Not like they are in line for try-outs at Lord of the Dance.

Mind you, I do understand that everyone has their own taste and I support that. With that, shouldn't those of us who want our guys to look like battle hardened and war born guys get that also? But really, I would like to have more options in the Customization for the basic looks.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Why would anyone attack those leitantants anyways.

Once the door is open just lure Quinzi outside.

Assasins are great, especially for name calling in faction. b:chuckle
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • AndyNagato - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    look at male archers. to define acts of lithe and agile movements or graceful skill as 'manly' or 'feminine' is extremely sexist :|
  • CountIfrit - Harshlands
    CountIfrit - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    That actually looks like one of the hairstyle options. Haha
  • Marista - Lost City
    Marista - Lost City Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    O.o My beetle can take out 2-3 of those lieutenants before I have to stow, resummon and heal it if I don't feel like luring, and this when I send it into the middle of the pack; if that herc was up to level and fully buffed, it should have been able to do at least as well. That veno must have tried healing the herc when half or more of the lieutenants hadn't been hit.

I would think a 6x veno could wipe out the whole pack with a single nova--or at least as many as you can catch in one AoE--tbh... Or at least by 7x. I know I could, considering that I just tested and hit all but one of them in that group for 3 times their max HP. >.>;;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So, I heard HA veno is the way to go? :3
  • hawaiiuke
    hawaiiuke Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Heeeeeeeey! Heres someone whos intending to try the assasin class without beeing two-faced and emolike! b:byeb:victory
    I am currently switching from PW-MY to PWI and in game downloading process... ... ... ... ... sigh*
    Anyway, I was Cleric at PW-MY (and I love this class!!! FTW!!!),also tried Venom and Blademaster and now Im pretty curious to play Assasin and Physic classes with brain and strategy, not to **** off others but to support and help. b:mischievous
  • DorkFish - Sanctuary
    DorkFish - Sanctuary Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Don't like Sins? Play a different class.

129079813490573133.jpg

~Saitada
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Don't like Sins? Play a different class.

129079813490573133.jpg

~Saitada

^ IRL picture of Sai.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Kung Fu Hamster controls teh assassin cat.
    simba_hampster.jpg
    b:avoid
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ElQuadrOOO - Lost City
    ElQuadrOOO - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2010

cool_story_bro.png?1254173021