chained jail as a TT 80

Options
Badazmofo - Dreamweaver
Badazmofo - Dreamweaver Posts: 407 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Archer
i was wondering what everyone though of chained jail as a TT 80 i think ill like it when i get it it seems to fit my play style and i will refine it to at least +3 maybe more and im going to put immac garnets in it what do you guys think?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Badazmofo - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• HiddenBIade - Heavens Tear
    HiddenBIade - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    bad idea, fires way too slow and dosnt do enough DPS to really make it better than a TT 70 unicorn bow or the 69 legendary sling
  • KedgeSniper - Lost City
    KedgeSniper - Lost City Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i wouldnt put imaculate garnet to be honest.. rather put that for hh90xbow if ya get one.

Chained jail is far best xbow at 80.. The stun effect is really helpful specially in rebirth (Effect procced during barrage). Even for Pve is not bad, effect still useful while grinding. b:sad i miss undines n fish pvp/pve

Soulsmasher is yar other option, but i dont see worth spending 4m on 10 lvs that take less than a month. Then again if ya have the money go for it.. just remember that if ya go for chained jail.. U probably wanna get blinding radiance n you gonna have to remake yar hh80 n get fire flash(mite be wrong name).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Face the fear. Face a war. Face the world.
    Leeching CQ salary since 09'
    Many names, Common Faces.
  • Badazmofo - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i was actuly planing on going from chained jail to heaven seal:chain as my TT 90 solely for the darken ability it has
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KedgeSniper - Lost City
    KedgeSniper - Lost City Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    if yar talkin of the hh90 gold xbow... it cost 17m-25m ea gold. b:surrender

N its not worth spending almost 30m on a non end game weapon, 99/100 n lunar are way better n yar paying half for it.

Do HH runs when ya can n get blinding, sell yar chained jail n make sum money bak, then ya can always save up n get lunar/99 or 100.. which would be best

If ya get the 90 gold xbow.. u will never get yar money bak.. i have friends with 99xbows that are now using lunar n just wasted their money on 99 :X
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Face the fear. Face a war. Face the world.
    Leeching CQ salary since 09'
    Many names, Common Faces.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    realy the only other Xbow ive seen that intrested me was the rank 6 one.... i think it was rank 6 you needed 35k rep and all the badges i think it was called crossbow of unknown origins
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i was actuly planing on going from chained jail to heaven seal:chain as my TT 90 solely for the darken ability it has

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=510682
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=488532

Edit:
    Be mindful of necroing. Don't do it.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ty for the links i can see that this must be a very common question lol this is the real wepon i was considering but idk if ill ever beable to get it

✩✩Crossbow of Unknown Origin atk:771-1797 Interval Between Hits -0.1 seconds
    Dexterity +25
    Darken: Has a chance to stun and seal the enemy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ty for the links i can see that this must be a very common question lol this is the real wepon i was considering but idk if ill ever beable to get it

✩✩Crossbow of Unknown Origin atk:771-1797 Interval Between Hits -0.1 seconds
    Dexterity +25
    Darken: Has a chance to stun and seal the enemy.

It is doable. Rank 6 + all the signs to get it. Expensive if you buy it all although i don't know how much signs cost on your server (you can also farm it from city of abominations after you get rank 6). You do not need a souledge to get this weapon either.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    bad idea, fires way too slow and dosnt do enough DPS to really make it better than a TT 70 unicorn bow or the 69 legendary sling

This is not totally correct. Assuming you restat the Str into dex, Chained Jail has a higher DPH and DPS than Unicorn.

Chained Jail is a decent weapon, and I think it's favored by PvP folks in the 80s. Immacs on Chained Jail is something of a waste, though.

If you like Darken / Seal, I think Elusive Existence (Lunar Slingshot) has it. Or something similar.
  • Veronica_ - Heavens Tear
    Veronica_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I am planning for a pve chained jail ( yes yes I'm pve ) and personaly thing that chained jail is a pretty good weopn b:cute

P.S.-It's not worth it to put immaculte garnets ( might have spelled wrong what ever...) on chained jail , not worth it .
  • AngleSnipe - Heavens Tear
    AngleSnipe - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I really liked Chained Jail for the stun effect, used the weapon throughout my 8x levels, loved it. However, just be aware you have to farm the edge for Flash Fire if you are going after the Blinding Radiance crossbow chain. Also immac on it seems overkill, the damage difference from one flawless to one immac is not significant, and you're looking at a price difference of almost 800k.
  • AndyNagato - Lost City
    AndyNagato - Lost City Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i lol'd unicorn is garbage.

i personally think chained jail is garbage as well. if you wanna PVP, use crimson horn. interval + gloom = death O:<!
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Personally i invested in a Soulsmasher for the challenge and seems like a good bow with the increase damage effect. However I am working on getting the flashfire and eventually blinding radiance at lvl90 (when i reach there) until which time the soulsmasher would more than take care of the damage dealt.

Chained Jail is good for the stun effect but I wouldnt recommend the heaven seal and chain at 90 since its a gold xbow and you would need another line to get the 99/100 stuff which can be further improved on the Nirvana forges. So plan accordingly.
  • BrianFields - Heavens Tear
    BrianFields - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Chained Jial is the best TT80 X-bow, the stun works wonders in both PvE and PvP, and it surely is an excellent weapon for rebirth at that stage/lvl.
  • Admante - Dreamweaver
    Admante - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I stuck with +4 WatC from 69 until I could use Broad land. I tested out +2 chained jail vs the WatC and result was a tie. Neither killed faster but xbow was more annoying since it had the potential to hit lower than the sling at crappy speed. Just save up for Broad Land then Heaven Shatterer and skip TT greens altogether.
    If you pvp then it's a different story but <- dreamweaver here.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I stuck with +4 WatC from 69 until I could use Broad land. I tested out +2 chained jail vs the WatC and result was a tie. Neither killed faster but xbow was more annoying since it had the potential to hit lower than the sling at crappy speed. Just save up for Broad Land then Heaven Shatterer and skip TT greens altogether.
    If you pvp then it's a different story but <- dreamweaver here.

i do enjoy to pvp but at my current lvl i wouldnt stand a chance against a demon/sage however at 80 i think i'll stand more of a chance plus i wanna TW and i think the stun effect would be extreamly effective
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DrkLordZ - Sanctuary
    DrkLordZ - Sanctuary Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i was wondering what everyone though of chained jail as a TT 80 i think ill like it when i get it it seems to fit my play style and i will refine it to at least +3 maybe more and im going to put immac garnets in it what do you guys think?

1. Cool Looking bow.
    2. Soulsmasher is better, but jail be best cheap bow
    3. That stun proc is kinda useful when grinding
    4. deal greater damage
    5. its cheap
    Please donate money into my mailbox :)

I'm poor as heck.