Where are the Roleplayers at?

Shizuka_me - Sanctuary
Shizuka_me - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
Just trying to figure out what server I want to play on, and Who I would like to play with. So I am looking for all those Roleplaying types. And where I can find them to get in contact during game play :-)
Post edited by Shizuka_me - Sanctuary on

Comments

• CornHilario - Heavens Tear
    CornHilario - Heavens Tear Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    roleplayers?! then he legends are true :o

okay serious. there isnt a specific server where u can RP, but there isnt one where u CANT either.

maybe look for an rp faction?
    One corn to rule them all and in the darkness cream them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MS paint ftw. Disclaimer: my suit is actually gray, not black.

♥: The best f♥♥king censor ever. Always remember to show
    love to eachother on the forum even when you are cussing eachother out.
  • alanari
    alanari Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I've actually been wondering this myself. I looked around and found nothing. But hey! I'm on Sanctuary if you wanna come rp with me. :D
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Well, if'n you roleplay at me, I'll probably play back.

Most chat does indeed seem to be either grunting along the lines of "count?" "behind you" etc. or plain silliness.
  • Seiowan - Harshlands
    Seiowan - Harshlands Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I used to RP on another MMO which I neither can nor will name here. Truth be told there haven't been many opportunities to roleplay in Perfect World, although I distinctly remember some of my old faction members RPing in faction chat regularly. If you're hunting for an RP-friendly faction, there are some out there. There are even some dedicated RP factions if you look closely enough.

Good luck with the search!
  • Shizuka_me - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    I honestly Have not found a Game that I could really RP in since UO (fairly certain this is no longer really competition in the Online Gaming market).... PKing and Power Gaming has taken over the Online RPG market. I'm quite happy with my character Never seeing the inside of a dungeon or doing major fighting (If thats the character concept)

I havnt seen anything that actually deserves the name MMOLRPG (they are really just MMOLG)

Even on a Server diedicated to RP in [Game not named on purpose] I was literally Told by Players "If you want to RP so much go to a ___ing RP server!" Kind of sadly Ironic of a statment that just shows how hard RPers are to find now.

My character was one of the first weddings on UO.. so I am pretty into RPG.

If anyone has somone I can contact from a Faction.. Or any Server that more likely to Have RPers on it (Or a character name to look for) I'd be into it. I still havnt solidified what server I'm on but when I do I'll let out my RP character name so others can find me later.
  • Galiae - Sanctuary
    Galiae - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I roleplay, under the name of Galiae, Isaera, or Enwy. I'm just returning to Perfect World now, and recreating a character, and so I haven't nailed down my server (or character) just yet either. I do know that there are a couple seemingly good RP-dedicated factions floating about, but I'm not sure if many are still active. .__.
  • Hhyper - Dreamweaver
    Hhyper - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I would love to find a bit of PR, I'm semi new to the whole thing, got my feet wet playing (That of which we will not speak) and I'm interested in the whole concept. I would be willing to change to a server more RP friendly and involved, so if there is one, clue me in. :)
  • Shizuka_me - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Honestly I am extreemly surprised at how few responces have come in on this. Maybe I shouldnt be concidering how few responces were on other RP threads in here :-( I sadly kinda got in trouble for trying to post on an old trhead to get ahold of the other RPers in those convorsations.... So I have no clue what else to do.

I hate to think there is only 4 RPers in the game.... Given Laws of averages being only 10% of people look at these things that Means only 40 RPers in the entire game is quite bothersome.....

Even 5% looking at the boards means its still 80 RPers LOL truely sad.

Hope I am mistaken... I'll keep an eye on this thread for a while (About a Month). But if there isn't much of a responce.. I might have to move on, sad though concidering the Graphics and such are pretty kewl.
  • Audralai - Sanctuary
    Audralai - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Well there is always merit in trying to cultivate some rp in the community. After all, there will never be rp if all the rpers are leaving because there is no rp. ;)
  • Deathsscion - Sanctuary
    Deathsscion - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I would guess that 10% is more than the number of people that know the forums even exist and fewer still actually look at them. Makes looking here more than a little difficult. Also this game is not suited for RP for reasons that have already been stated.
  • Shizuka_me - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Well there is always merit in trying to cultivate some rp in the community. After all, there will never be rp if all the rpers are leaving because there is no rp. ;)

While I fendimenatally agree with the statement. Unfortunatly my job and real life prevents me from playing enough to actually start things up. Sadly, So I need to track down somewhere with a established group to pop in one for my 1-4 hours every 1-2 days LoL.
    Also this game is not suited for RP for reasons that have already been stated.

The Game is better suited to RP than one might think. The customization of chracters is very good, and the comunity of actual Role Players originally started with table top gaming. So the setting has less to do with it and the people your playing with and thier creativity is what seals the deal. Adapting is what Roleplayers have had to do for years. Given that this is a game that falls into the catagory of MMORPG and it supports Character Marriges, its hard to make a case against RP in it LoL.
    The Act of being Married in an online game is itslef a form of Role Play regardless of how far you choose to take that.

However I do agree, the modern MMORPGs cater primarilly to other styles of gaming maing them MMOGs. The Character development and story lines ect and heardingyou towards the end of the game... all catering to Non RP gamers.

I personally want to see higher graphics in a game I am playing now. And get rather annoyed at the stagnation in that area when it comes to games that Truely permit the full Role Play experiance.
  • Undertoad - Dreamweaver
    Undertoad - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    There are a few of us on Dreamweaver. A very few :D.
  • synthei
    synthei Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Ill be wanting to role play once I get the client down. =) well folks we could always forum role play. *smirks* that works well too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shizuka_me - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    synthei wrote: »
    Ill be wanting to role play once I get the client down. =) well folks we could always forum role play. *smirks* that works well too.

Have you gotten the client doen yet or decided on a Server?
  • Schwarzen - Sanctuary
    Schwarzen - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    The main reason I play MMOs is for roleplaying purposes, otherwise id sick to single player stuff.

After all without the rp factor it's just another grindfest MMO
  • dreamknight
    dreamknight Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Just trying to figure out what server I want to play on, and Who I would like to play with. So I am looking for all those Roleplaying types. And where I can find them to get in contact during game play :-)

Well i played PerfectWorld abit back an im actualy downloading it right now an I am a massive Roleplay person Ill be more then happy to start over an roleplay with you, I actualy myself would like to because I myself find it very hard to find anyone to roleplay with an when i do its some fairly young horny male or female. Not that theres anything wrong with that but I would prefure real roleplay more on the lines of non sexual I like looking around sitting on mountions making a home for my self out in the world I deffentaly get in to roleplaying. I also commenly look an test out other games because i like having the visual affects an i must say this game has alot that can be used for roleplayers marriage/flight/swimming/mounts/player motions/player design. there are many many things i can thing of to do to make my roleplaying more fun like falling off the highest moution an keep falling till near death then let your wings take you to flight(winged elf) the diffrent races also let the game have more historys for a roleplayers story line diffrent classes can allow diffrent personality. Im fairly excited to get on an roleplay i do rp solo sometimes if theres no one on or know how to roleplay going on epic adventure making a story for my self making my own line of personal quests.
  • Alwaysever - Heavens Tear
    Alwaysever - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I'm fairly new to PW, though I haven't quiet looked far and wide for Roleplayers. Though, this looked like a good place to start.

I have just one little cleric girl, alwaysever, who is lvl 10 at the moment.

If there are any factions/ servers, that hold large roleplays please let me know :)
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Lol I remember in Harshlands there was this girl who all she did ever was roleplay in chat, it was so weird >.< I felt bad for her, since everyone got so annoyed D:

Try Harshlands and look for her? Or lol, I'm not sure... Look at the guild lists and just see if theres roleplay? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh