Interrupted

Options
MissxCleric - Sanctuary
MissxCleric - Sanctuary Posts: 134 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hiya,

sometimes if I want to kill a beast, a Lynxus for example, my attack is interrupted.
Is that normal? If it is so, is it because the animal attacks?
Post edited by MissxCleric - Sanctuary on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    It is normal for the magic classes and can get annoying.

Simply stated, their attack on you interrupts the channeling of the skill and you have to start over....b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Seiowan - Harshlands
    Seiowan - Harshlands Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Physical attacks and certain skills can interrupt channeling of spells. You can't interrupt melee attacks (stuns prevent you using melee for a bit, but never mid-attack) but spell interruptions will be a constant bugbear all mages need to deal with.

Your options are twofold. Firstly you can try timing your attacks to avoid casting while the mob is attacking. Secondly you can hammer the attack/heal/buff until it fires (I usually choose this option). They're not pretty options, but you shouldn't be interrupted often enough for it to be life threatening unless you're fighting monsters far beyond your own level.
  • Ax - Harshlands
    Ax - Harshlands Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    It isnt that noticeable later on unless you are fighting a lot of mobs at once, so dont worry.
  • Solartide - Sanctuary
    Solartide - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    What's even more annoying is being interrupted on a spell that doesn't require channeling >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Signal - Raging Tide
    Signal - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I have an additional question regarding interruption of spells. I noticed that I don't always get interrupted even though I got hit in the middle of channelling. When exactly does a physical attack interrupt the spell? Right when it's cast?
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Nope - it's just random. Any time during channel or casting animation you can be interrupted - but the chance of an interrupt with a normal attack is fairly low.

If you're a caster, don't be toe-to-toe with monsters.
  • Born_Again_ - Sanctuary
    Born_Again_ - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Secondly you can hammer the attack/heal/buff until it fires (I usually choose this option).
    This will only wear out your keyboard, finger and patiente. b:laugh

It is actually more efficient and faster casting also, to just press and hold the spell button until spell fires (or until mob is dead). b:victory b:heart
    b:heart C. G. C. b:heart
    - a guild/faction on many servers, where ethics and behaviour actually matters and makes a differense

b:pleased

facebook.com/group.php?gid=22920649068
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=348361
  • MissxCleric - Sanctuary
    MissxCleric - Sanctuary Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Ok, thanks everybody. =D