the OFFICIAL "wait, before we duel you cant.." for Wizards and Clerics Thread

Alimion - Sanctuary
Alimion - Sanctuary Posts: 47 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Off-Topic Discussion
OKAY! since this thread will wind up here anyway let me start here.
For all you CLERICS/WIZZY out there how many times has another class told you you cant heal/sutra/breath/move/teleport/eat/sleep/stun/blink/move/attack
when they want to duel you. AND if you do you are suddenly relegated to Noob Status.
Here is the catch, they can use all THEIR spells without a problem, AND, if you heal/sutra/stun/etc. suddenly they are allowed to use their GENIE even though you may not be using yours.
This thread is dedicated to the humorous stories of those who encounter this on a regular basis, lets get your best ones.
Post edited by Alimion - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Solartide - Sanctuary
    Solartide - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    What makes this thread more official than another one?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    o gawd not another one b:surrender
  • Alimion - Sanctuary
    Alimion - Sanctuary Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    HMMM, bad search skills on my behalf, could not find another post to read the humor. NVM, nothing to see here, move along.
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Lol ,I wouldnt complain about someone using their genie. Its a waste of stamina for them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • VashtaNerada - Dreamweaver
    VashtaNerada - Dreamweaver Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I don't see the point of QQing about a player using a healing skill during a duel. It takes time, and in my case chi, to heal. Now if someone wants to waste genie stamina just winning a duel, w/e. I would personally not waste the stamina just for the sake of pride.
    - The Gaming Gearhead

My hero:[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i get flame/QQ thrown my way each time i duel a class thats not a cleric

i should just copy paste this then -_-

BMs stun
    clerics heal
    venos nix
    barbs perdi
    wizies nuke
    archers crit

any questions?
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DorkFish - Sanctuary
    DorkFish - Sanctuary Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I always like it when people cry about how you duel. Don't use this, you can't use that. blah blah. Sorry... A duel is designed to test your abilities and skills. This means using ALL your abilities and skills that are pertinent, including using apoth items.

On the rare occasions I actually accept duels (I am usually too busy and don't have time to bother with them). I tell them there are no 'rules' to how I duel. Anything goes. Almost invariably they QQ about losing because I used an apoth powder, or flew, or chain stunned or used my Nix (on Saitada) or ran all over the place on them so they couldn't hit me (BM's especially seem to think a Robe class should just stand still and let them beat on them). But they still started the Duel, even though I said 'anything goes, no rules'.

There are no rules in a duel. Just like their are no rules in PVP, anything goes. Get over it.

~Saitada
  • VashtaNerada - Dreamweaver
    VashtaNerada - Dreamweaver Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ran all over the place on them so they couldn't hit me (BM's especially seem to think a Robe class should just stand still and let them beat on them). ~Saitada

I like it when robes do that because it messes w/ their fragile psyches - I do not mean every single player w/ a caster class - when I manage to keep up (cloud sprint, leap, bodhi). Also use kitty form on my barb (low level) because of increased speed and channeling cancel.
    - The Gaming Gearhead

My hero:[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Rofl hahaha I remember when this person started saying how awful of a cleric I was on WC a while back since I healed myself and 3-4 shot them LOL b:laughb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    On the rare occasions I actually accept duels (I am usually too busy and don't have time to bother with them). I tell them there are no 'rules' to how I duel. Anything goes. Almost invariably they QQ about losing because I used an apoth powder, or flew, or chain stunned or used my Nix (on Saitada) or ran all over the place on them so they couldn't hit me (BM's especially seem to think a Robe class should just stand still and let them beat on them). But they still started the Duel, even though I said 'anything goes, no rules'.

TBH Its really your loss if you use apoth powders.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    b:chuckle
    me are annoying (mainly melee classes) to kill in west arch surrounded by people and buildings.
    :p

me also wasted a few apoc pots to confoose an archer. (me told him me stole plume shell)
    xD
    lol~~~ made it seem like a 6x archer was greatly out damaging a 8x archer.
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Super_Trout - Dreamweaver
    Super_Trout - Dreamweaver Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I don't care if it's for wizards and clerics. b:cute
    I dueled a psychic yesterday and he said I couldn't use stealth because it wasn't a "real duel" if I waited in stealth for some of his more powerful buffs to wear out. o.O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I find it funny how all the PvE server carebears think duels actually matter b:surrender Coming from a PvE carebear xD

Duels are nothing more than a waste of charm
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    I find it funny how all the PvE server carebears think duels actually matter b:surrender Coming from a PvE carebear xD

Duels are nothing more than a waste of charm

Yeah exactly, thast why I was saying its your loss if you use a genie/apoth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]