Does anyone do Dragon Quests anymore?

Ljia - Sanctuary
Ljia - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
edited January 2010 in General Discussion
With the new Bounty Hunter and the public quest from the expansion, does anyone still do Dragon Quests? I haven't played this game in months so I'm wondering if DQ is just as unpopular as before or worse.
Post edited by Ljia - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i believe that ever since the DQ horses are in the cash shop
    no one even did DQ
    (cept the newbies who dont understand what a waste it is)
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • Shevanel - Sanctuary
    Shevanel - Sanctuary Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I've almost been tempted to start trying to slow down time, but keep moving as fast as I always do. So I can fit in a heap of DQ runs a day, to get gold and silver orders.

Theres a certain mold I'd like <_<
    Koiz - omfg my life is now complete
    Shevanel - haha oh?
    ~~~
    Koiz - i took this massive dump
    Koiz - while listening to im on a boat hahahah
    Shevanel - hahahahaha
    Shevanel - haha
    Shevanel - Oh wow

Certain levels of Boredom..
    ThaMessiah: I'd rather endlessly wack it till I shot a load that hits my ceiling than do a 3-2
  • Peritia - Lost City
    Peritia - Lost City Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I personally think DQ is (mostly) a waste of time, but if there's a mold you want you may as well run the DQs - few people run the DQs to sell the Orders anymore, and those that do sell theirs tend to be horribly overpriced.

A friend of mine (archer) is after the Blood Moon Bracers... Worth the value? Maybe maybe not. But she's running the DQs to try and get the mold.

So people do still run them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nudefoxy - Lost City
    Nudefoxy - Lost City Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    il be doing just on my wizzle to get him extra exp and spirit otherwise i always sell the items, i mad like a million just on that
  • Felizia - Lost City
    Felizia - Lost City Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    used to do it when i was lvl 20~30
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Solartide - Sanctuary
    Solartide - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Ifew people run the DQs to sell the Orders anymore, and those that do sell theirs tend to be horribly overpriced.

Supply shift to the left will cause a price increase ceteris paribus.

So no, they aren't horribly overpriced.

Res tantum valet quantum vendi potest after all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AyameOni - Sanctuary
    AyameOni - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    used to do it when i was lvl 20~30

I think it's very useful to do DQ21 starting at lvl 25 ish, that way your quest list lasts you well into the forties. And the drop rate on low lvl DQ items aren't that bad.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Tempted to run DQ's on my sin to save up for those lv60 blood moon -int bracers. Would be awesome to have, and I might as well get a nice chunk of exp since they cost so much.
  • Peritia - Lost City
    Peritia - Lost City Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Supply shift to the left will cause a price increase ceteris paribus.

So no, they aren't horribly overpriced.

Res tantum valet quantum vendi potest after all.

In this case, not so much.

I see DOs being listed and expiring without being sold day after day after day, because the prices are far too high. The ones with reasonable pricepoints shift quickly.

Since most people NPC the DQ drops, setting a catshop at or slightly above NPC cost, it's fairly easy to collect the DQ items from other players.

With four item phases (20 each), a DQ71 would cost ~260k if you bought all the items at 3.2k each. The reward is almost guaranteed to be a Silver Dragon Order.

People on Lost City try (and fail) to sell Silver DOs for 400k.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    personally i dont know that DQ is worth anymore ... thought lvl 87 magic ringb:dirty but its like 30mil in DQ stuff and more in orders. personally i'd like to be able to run some kinda dungeon either solo or squad kinda like TT but for the same level ranges as the DQ runs where bosses drop DQ orders so we can still get the orders and the molds without the endless DQ runs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    The only person I know doing DQ is doing DQ81 because she wants the -chan ring.

Other than that, I don't hear anybody doing them anymore, because most people did it for the mounts, or for the lvl 60 -interval wrists.

Otherwise, it's worthless, and most people can agree that the effort necessary to obtain those items is more trouble than they're worth.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Dq is too much of a pain in the butt. I did one once however.. never again.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Dq is too much of a pain in the butt. I did one once however.. never again.

Same here. A traumatizing experience, never again...b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    No. Sell the Dragon Quest items. You can make some good money doing that.
  • Paimage - Harshlands
    Paimage - Harshlands Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    never finished a DQ nd never willb:victory
  • Murloc/ - Heavens Tear89
    Murloc/ - Heavens Tear89 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I think I've done maybe 2-3 DQ's before, and it's just not worth it. The amount of DO's you need for any decent gear is insane, and in the time it would take me to get them, I could probably level up beyond the point of the item being useful anymore. lol
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I used to enjoy doing them, but when they put the DQ mounts in the cash shop it deflated the value of the Dragon Orders to the point that I would have been losing money if I'd kept doing them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    Sangodoc - Dreamweaver Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    OK, I'm a weirdo. I do Dragon Quests.

I save up DQ items from mobs so I won't have to buy them though. So far I've gotten nearly 60 Copper Dragon Orders (almost enough for two of the level 40 DQ molds) and 4 Silver Dragon Orders (3 of which I sold for a nice profit.)

I usually just hit whatever DQ people are near me when I'm doing something else, so I don't end up wasting that much time on it, and I really like the ☆Robe of Blood Might my two arcane characters have been using (it looks hot on my veno too). It also gets me some spare EXP and SP too.

Yeah, I'm probably losing money, but I play to have fun and try new things, not to "maximize profit" or whatever. I don't have fun playing "accountant."
  • pand0ra
    pand0ra Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I earned my silvermane with DQ's back when it wasn't a cash shop item.

I've also done about 40 DQ's since in hopes or earning enough gold orders for the Secret of the Dark Spirit ring (-6% channeling).. but then one day someone decided to sell theirs!! so I bought it in AH lol and Havent done a DQ since.. (sold all my orders lol) b:pleasedb:cute

Someone else in my faction has the 87 magic ring. He earned all his silvers and about a quarter of the golds doing DQ's. the other orders he bought (when they were selling for 500K a piece)
  • Mivi - Lost City
    Mivi - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i doing dq every day for ring i farm ~100 silver DO and 25 golden DO
    until now when i will start lv 91 dq the change of gold increase *0*
    probably is a waste of time and money, but who cares?
    a challenge is a challenge

(ps. i buy gold DO for a decent price)
  • ChazElysidon - Dreamweaver
    ChazElysidon - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i believe that ever since the DQ horses are in the cash shop
    no one even did DQ
    (cept the newbies who dont understand what a waste it is)
    yeah, unfortunetly i was one. spent a week (few hours here and there) trying to do them. I cant beleive how worthless it is.
  • Gve - Sanctuary
    Gve - Sanctuary Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    did dq once and never again if it got elminated i would be so happy, but they would pwi different from pw. Plus wami i think would say something
    hell gate london rocks best fps game ever wanting hell gate ressurection out this year

Status-semi afk log on when i want