Attack & Defense level?

Options
JoeyPoey - Sanctuary
JoeyPoey - Sanctuary Posts: 97 Arc User
edited January 2010 in General Discussion
I admit I'm not entirely sure what they are.

Could someone tell me what Attack and Defense lvl do and how they help? I haven't noticed anything different, really.
"Who the hell do you think I am?!?"

-Kamina

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

JoeyPoey: Leader of Tengen: The Great Gurren Brigade.

Also, the baddest mutha this side of the Sanctuary server.
Post edited by JoeyPoey - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    as far as i no its % in attack, so +1 atk level is +1%, barly makes the difference unless its like 10+ or so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Paimage - Harshlands
    Paimage - Harshlands Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I admit I'm not entirely sure what they are.

Could someone tell me what Attack and Defense lvl do and how they help? I haven't noticed anything different, really.

1 attack lvl increases your atk by 1% nd so on, same goes for defense lvl which increases defence.
  • TheLastBarb - Raging Tide
    TheLastBarb - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    exactly....
    like if u have tht genie skill "Frenzy" it increases ur atck lvl by a certain amt...

for instance mine is lvl 7 atm n it increases my atck lvl by 16..
    so combined tht with my axe n hammer mastery lvl 8 (my total atck dmg in % is
    54+16 = 70%) at lvl 73...

if i get sage/demon axe/hammer mastery, n lvl my frenzy to lvl 10, i get 110% total.....b:laugh
    Well here I am.....Now who wants their face screwed up by my paw? b:laugh
  • Shynrae - Sanctuary
    Shynrae - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    When you 1st read some of the help and tutorial stuff about PW it mentions( and dont ask me where exactly but i remember it) some mechanic of dmg increase and reduction based on lvl differences between u and a mob aka...a Lvl 20 character fighting lvl23 mobs would do -3% dmg...seems this lvl buffer is in 1% per lvl. So if you ur lvl60 with +1Akt Lvl you'd dmg mobs as if u were lvl61...against lvl60 mobs it would add up to +1% dmg. Same for def Lvl it seems to increase ur Dmg Reduction both Phys and Mag +1%/+1def lvl.

Well thats my take on it from reading multiple Threads and the starter tutorial long ago....
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    When you 1st read some of the help and tutorial stuff about PW it mentions( and dont ask me where exactly but i remember it) some mechanic of dmg increase and reduction based on lvl differences between u and a mob aka...a Lvl 20 character fighting lvl23 mobs would do -3% dmg...seems this lvl buffer is in 1% per lvl. So if you ur lvl60 with +1Akt Lvl you'd dmg mobs as if u were lvl61...against lvl60 mobs it would add up to +1% dmg. Same for def Lvl it seems to increase ur Dmg Reduction both Phys and Mag +1%/+1def lvl.

Well thats my take on it from reading multiple Threads and the starter tutorial long ago....

Yeah, that's basically what it amounts to, however the actual game mechanics appear to be a bit more complicated than that.

A mob 30 or more levels lower or higher than you do more than 30% less or more damage, it would seem. So when the level difference becomes greater than 10-20 levels, it seems that it's more than just a percentage...

Isn't your hit/evasion chances also affected by level? There may be several factors... and we've had numerous discussions on vent about it, but I can't be bothered to do any real testing to see what other differences there might be. lol
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Attack level does not change the level the game thinks you are.
    Go to fb19 and punch mobs and you do damage nearly equal to your phys attack. Now equip the blessing and you do greater than your phys attack.

Thats not a quality of being 10 levels higher.. its a quality of having damage amplified.

Damage = damage dealt * (100 + your attack level - their defense level) / 100
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Bartack - Heavens Tear
    Bartack - Heavens Tear Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Every attack level above 0 is +1% damage dealt, period. That effects phys, spells, buffs, amps, everything that deals or adds to damage dealt, +1%. Every defense level above 0 is -1% damage received, from all attacks in all forms. If a char with attack level 10 hits a char with def level 0, attacker does 10% more damage than normal. If defender also has defense level 10, then attacker does normal damage, no change. If attacker has attack level 0 and hits char with def level 10, the char being hit receives - 10% damage from attacker. Attack and defense levels are calculated last, so they are effected by every buff, debuff, shard, skill etc...

Want to test? Have a friend enter an FB dungeon with you, and duel each other, alternating who has the blessing thing on.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    use the damn search button. theres a topic same thing, couple pages long on this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan