Drops alittle to rare....

SKaligo - Dreamweaver
SKaligo - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Venomancer
Okay so I have noticed... Over the past few months that more and more venos are getting Herc. And in doing so Finding Meat/Fine Meat is getting very hard.

I have been asking around about where to find Meat/Fine meat and have gotten MANY answers and the most Replied response was that pretty much the only way you will get Meat/Fine Meat is to create another account and keep it around 30ish for killing:

Meat:
Scout Pterosaur
Vipion Leaper
Cloud Dancer Pterosaur
Tectonic Rhinodrake

Fine Meat:
Mermaiden Rustler
Omnipotent Drake <== WDF? Slay SC49 Boss all day hoping for a drop?b:angry
Jewelscalen<== FN SERIOUS??b:surrender
Frost Antelope
Proud Antelope
Tortoise Everlasting

Meat mobs are all over 20 Fine Meat mobs are all 50+ closest to my level is 57? wow nice I spent 4 days underwater trying for some Fine meat and guess how many I got? Not a fkn 1.. Not 1!!!!!!!!!! single drop....

Perhaps the drop rate should be raised a bit don't ya think? OR mabey add meat drops to some more mobs? Seems it would be the best choice right? More drops means more veno can feed herc means more venos will get herc cause they can feed it? IDKb:irritated
Post edited by SKaligo - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Perfect Cookies.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Perfect Cookies.

^ Amazing...they really are!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Iseria - Harshlands
    Iseria - Harshlands Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    buy anni packs like PWI wants you to, get tokens like everyone else does due to the 0.01% chance of getting anything else, and buy perfect cookies. end of discussionb:bye
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    if you have a tome. you will rarely need to feed your herc. Iv been sitting on a stack of 20 venison for months and only use it in a rare occasion when the pet actually dies.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • SKaligo - Dreamweaver
    SKaligo - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Well only problem there is Dreamweaver has NO Meat/Fine Meat/ Tokens

And Anni packs are gone now so how an I gonna do that? b:cry I got scammed when I bought Herc. I cant even get Loyalty back up now b:cry

Can I get moved to a different server PLEASE!!!!!!
    edited January 2010
    Well only problem there is Dreamweaver has NO Meat/Fine Meat/ Tokens

And Anni packs are gone now so how an I gonna do that? b:cry I got scammed when I bought Herc. I cant even get Loyalty back up now b:cry

Can I get moved to a different server PLEASE!!!!!!

1.) Bull****. There are tons of tokens.

2.) Dont worry, they'll be back within a month or two, I guarantee it. Scammed? rofl

3.) No.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    You can also go to auction house and look under pet food for the different meat types. I don't understand why some people insist on wasting hours or days trying to farm something. Lots of people who don't want the items you're looking for got them while playing. They're willing to sell them to you for a fair price so they don't wind up selling them to NPCs. You are almost always better off taking the coin you make while grinding, and using it to buy these items from them, instead of trying to farm them yourself.
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    1.) Bull****. There are tons of tokens.

2.) Dont worry, they'll be back within a month or two, I guarantee it. Scammed? rofl

3.) No.
    There's no way that PWE would take away their biggest money-maker for too long.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    There's no way that PWE would take away their biggest money-maker for too long.

Nah yo. They gotta make it seem like they actually do care. In the meantime, they'll have other sales, Im thinking new rare mounts, and other packs. Then when revenue is low again, pop them packs back in.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ^ Amazing...they really are!!!

Perfect is the word I would use.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Venison I agree, hardly ever see any. But there's still plenty of fine meat in the auction house.

Ok, it's not very amusing to end up in a bidding war for it, but it's there.

The 'drop' meat, though, is Martin nest:
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/11550

Drops in both FB59 and Twilight Temple. Easy to keep yourself stocked up with that.
  • Ljia - Sanctuary
    Ljia - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Get a tome ASAP if you have Hercules. With it, the only real use of meat-type pet food is keeping loyalty up. For this purpose, meat and fine meat are too expensive -- try something like martin nest.
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    Shivalia - Lost City Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Just buy 2 gold, real money or coin to gold, your choice and buy a pet tome. Last for a week. Doesn't do anything for the loyalty, but it keeps them from getting hungry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!
  • Mamiko_mao - Sanctuary
    Mamiko_mao - Sanctuary Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    1. Once you hit 64+, farm Foliagen Spirits for Martin's Nests.
    2. 70+ and you move to sanctuary: Farm Elysium fowls.
    3. 80+ farm demonic rogueknights for Venison
    4. 85+ Farm Ninetailed Firefoxes for Venison
    Venisons and the next grade of meat drop up to level 100+.

You SHOULD have well over 200+-300+ nests by the time you're done.

And yes, get a tome. Any item that goes in the tome (I'd recommend either the exp+1% or the magic or magic/vit tomes) slot will keep the herc from going hungry.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i do believe firebath phoenix drops venison as well, which can die fast if you have a good air pet.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Mamiko_mao - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    That too, but they're wayyyy too big and bulky, makes grinding on them hard.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    That too, but they're wayyyy too big and bulky, makes grinding on them hard.

Yeah - very much worth turning your graphics settings all the way down when fighting those. They die easily though, and fight mainly with magic, so taking a moment to spot one attacking you instead of your pet isn't a disaster.
    Edit: The drop rate on meat from them is pretty low, mind you.
  • Mamiko_mao - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Exactly the same rate as Firefoxes. =) I like the foxes better just because I like ground fighting and they're cuter.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Exactly the same rate as Firefoxes. =) I like the foxes better just because I like ground fighting and they're cuter.

You're so mean b:sad

Personally I just let other people worry about food now, paying 20k every week or so for a new clump from the auction house is hardly a hardship.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Personally I just let other people worry about food now, paying 20k every week or so for a new clump from the auction house is hardly a hardship.
    If you develop a good core of friends whom you (with your herc) help with their BH and TT, they usually start saving the meat and veggie drop they get and just give them to you. I've actually been trying to discourage this because I'm rich enough to afford perfect cookies, and I'm trying to eliminate non-cookies to save on space in my bank.

If you insist on farming, I'd suggest the Raving Drake Brute in FB59. He's 69 (close to OP's level) and drops martin's nests pretty consistently. The mobs leading up to him can also drop martin's nests. You also get lots of stamps, can help people with their BH, and have a shot at a mold which sells for about 1 mil (it's pretty rare as molds go though). It'll be a bit dicey and time-consuming at 69, but by 73 it's a breeze.