Sage?or Demon?

AndreiHunter - Dreamweaver
AndreiHunter - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Barbarian
Btw i looked on the forum,and didnt soo eny good answer like wath path its better for a vit barb,especialy if u r concentrating on tanking,TW's and soloing TT's and Fb's.
From wath i heard Sage its best for Tw's and tanking but....no 1 tells exatly wath it adds...mroe def/hp or wath?b:victory
gimme advices!!!!!!!haha :P
Post edited by AndreiHunter - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Going Sage gives more HP and Defense, its more PvE-based

Demon gives more attack power and crit rates, its more PvP-based

Depends on your preferences.

Tank Barbs tend to go sage, they get alot more HP than demons. More HP is nice since alot of bosses past 90 in TTs, Lunar, RB, FB99, etc can hit pretty hardb:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Must - Lost City
    Must - Lost City Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Im demon barb and in my opinion its not the more 10 per ceent hp that will make u a worst tanker, besides demon give tiger form another way too play the game while sage u just keep doing the same way u did for 89 lvls...

Still either way is good to go its a bet u just can losse so its really up to u...
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Going Sage gives more HP and Defense, and speed

fixed.

and i agree both 2 way fast and hard to beat demon or sage in 1vs1 any other class in pvp and both enough for pve too.

(personal opinion since i cant spend too much for wb then i could choose sage and giev to sage **** speed eq like helmet/chest with 0,2m/sec and manteu with 0,1m/sec and 1,2m/sec shoes and with 80% movement speed bonus i am fast like a pet ride XD [this just a weird ideea, not serious but could be fun XD])
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I went sage due to the HP and increased speed. But moreso since I realized I'm better at getting mobs to hit me than I am at hitting them back hard.b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Feral_Wrath - Lost City
    Feral_Wrath - Lost City Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    First ask yourself if you have the resources to acquire the best sage and demon skills. If you don't you won't notice much of a difference, but if you do...

Go sage if you want higher hp, physical defense, and higher base damage.

Go demon if you want higher damage in tiger form, and incredible critical hit rate potential.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    higher hp = stronger Armageddon?
    b:shocked
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    higher hp = stronger Armageddon?
    b:shocked
    Dark Armageddom = +10% damage. I think that would balance out.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    the higher HP only applies to tiger form. So a demon Armageddon would almost always be stronger with the same build.
  • PandaXpresss - Harshlands
    PandaXpresss - Harshlands Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    As someone said, getting the sage demon skills is incredibly expensive. So rather than think of sage is for tanking, demon for pvp, look up which skills you actually plan on getting, and look up the bonuses based on which path you take. For instance, I actually liked sage beastial onslaught much more than demon, my thinking was that the evasion debuff is great... if it hits... (one of the reasons I was torn between sage and demon)
    fixed.

and i agree both 2 way fast and hard to beat demon or sage in 1vs1 any other class in pvp and both enough for pve too.

(personal opinion since i cant spend too much for wb then i could choose sage and giev to sage **** speed eq like helmet/chest with 0,2m/sec and manteu with 0,1m/sec and 1,2m/sec shoes and with 80% movement speed bonus i am fast like a pet ride XD [this just a weird ideea, not serious but could be fun XD])

Do sage barbs run faster than demon barbs? o.O (can't find suitable smiley)
    edited January 2010
    No they both have the same speed.

And I recently got Sage Beastial Onslaught and it doesn't dissapoint! The extra channeling time makes it a little less useful as a pure damage skill because of the time it takes, but having a 100% hit evasion debuff is great for us barbs!
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    No they both have the same speed.

And I recently got Sage Beastial Onslaught and it doesn't dissapoint! The extra channeling time makes it a little less useful as a pure damage skill because of the time it takes, but having a 100% hit evasion debuff is great for us barbs!

Nice skill, I'll have to look for it.

I don't know any demon barbs on my server so I don't have the speed answer. I didn't think that they ran at 9.5m/s though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • DaCage - Sanctuary
    DaCage - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Demon barb and I run at 8.8m/s.
  • Iseria - Harshlands
    Iseria - Harshlands Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    IMO sage is better because you get Master Li's technique which gives you 50 chi, and chi is very important for invoke spirit, sunder and spark. as it has been said its more of a PvE/TW catapult build, but well, most of the game consists on PvE.

Demon is best for PvP cause demon spark comes with an additional increaste to attack rate which is very nice in addition to the 10% extra in Armaggedon and the no damage penalty in tiger form. still, the problem here is that demon true usefulness comes from getting the skill books, some of them like armaggedon very hard, whereas sage is useful from the beginning.
  • Gasoline - Lost City
    Gasoline - Lost City Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    There is a reason like 80% of the barbs on pvp server are hell. The pvp-oriented skills are pretty superior compare to the sage ones. Hell onslaught is probably one of the most broken skills in the game, the skill itself hits like a truck than 35% extra crit on top if that if it procs, it gives them far more crit than any pure dex archer, its kinda ridiculous tbh.

But if you don't wanna be god mode in pk and prefer tanking really hard and challenging bosses/instances instead, sage is the way to go. Also sage is for pulling cata in TW. Or pick sage if you like people bothering you for amazing party boffs b:surrender
  • AndreiHunter - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    btw wath if a tank barb goes demon?xDb:laugh
    wold i do good dmg?b:surrender
  • Belligero - Sanctuary
    Belligero - Sanctuary Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    btw wath if a tank barb goes demon?xDb:laugh
    wold i do good dmg?b:surrender

... Did you bother reading any of the responses given to you? o.o

I don't know what people are babbling about on the Sage is faster than Demon, but that's not true.

In True Form, sage barb will have more HP, but they will still suffer the Attack Penalty. Sage barbs are very tank oriented, and they have stronger Passive skills.

For a demon barb, they are allowed to do full damage in True Form, which opens a whole new door for them. They will have more criticals which will in the long term mean more damage. They are more PvP oriented, as they can do amazing Spike damage, but they can still be the best tanks in the game. [Not as efficient as a barb.]

So, yes, you will do more damage.

check out http://www.ecatomb.net/skillpwi.php
    Belligero
  • ImSpartacus - Lost City
    ImSpartacus - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Sage barb & I run 9.5 m/s
  • Belligero - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Sage barb & I run 9.5 m/s

Well, I'm just going by Ecatomb here. What skill allows you to run faster than a Demon barb? I'm curious.

Both Sage and Demon True Form increases speed by 80%. So both will run at 8.8 in True Form. Where does the extra 0.7 come from? o.o
    Belligero
  • ImSpartacus - Lost City
    ImSpartacus - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Sage true form increases movement speed by 90%
  • AndreiHunter - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    hmmm ty lol....hehe i think i know wath i'm going for ....:D Demon i wanna DD!haha
  • Must - Lost City
    Must - Lost City Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I see all sage barbs runnign faster than me too so i guess they have more speed in tiger.

Question is that all sage went to sage to have the extra hp in tiger so wt???they got extra in tiger only on my server i see sage barbs pking only in human form so i really dont know why they choose sage, instead of that i have the choice to chosse wt kind of form is best to pk certain class...b:pleased
  • Belligero - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Sage true form increases movement speed by 90%

Damn. Ecatomb has lied to me once again. b:cry

But thanks. Always good to know. :]

I'm still going Sage.
    Belligero
  • Wolfgore - Heavens Tear
    Wolfgore - Heavens Tear Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    History Lesson:

In the begging both sage n demon barbs had same speed.
    Then the almighty nerf hammer dropped! Allas! Now sage barbs run faster!

b:avoid Thats all

b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fito - Lost City
    Fito - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I see all sage barbs runnign faster than me too so i guess they have more speed in tiger.

Question is that all sage went to sage to have the extra hp in tiger so wt???they got extra in tiger only on my server i see sage barbs pking only in human form so i really dont know why they choose sage, instead of that i have the choice to chosse wt kind of form is best to pk certain class...b:pleased

a barb who only pvp in Human form = don`t know how to pvp
  • Bardolph - Harshlands
    Bardolph - Harshlands Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I'm sure you know what you're talking about Fito, but can you clarify? I mean, you got Poison Fang, Alacrity for cancelling, and Invoke for melee fights, but other than that I don't see much use for Tiger pking b:surrender The skills just don't seem that efficient for it.
  • DaCage - Sanctuary
    DaCage - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Check your skill list for devourb:chuckle
  • Bardolph - Harshlands
    Bardolph - Harshlands Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Point taken. I must not have noticed because I've kept it at lvl1 so far xD
  • XiaoMoShen - Harshlands
    XiaoMoShen - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Hummm... does sage armaggedon hit less than armaggedon at lvl 10? cuz ecatomb says that sage armaggedon has HP and MP cost reduced b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Forum skill master b:victory

My family calls distracting the cat "Keeping aggro."

"Will you keep aggro on the cat? He's bothering me."
    Five minutes later...
    "Why didn't you keep aggro?! He's back on my lap!"
    edited January 2010
    The differences come down to preference, so ignore the fanboys.

First off, we all know a sage barb is an awesome tank if the player built and play their barb correctly. Secondly, Demon barb is very viable as a tank, despite not getting the bonus HP or slightly faster speed. The main reason it is viable is because less aggro gets snatched from a barb. This is a good thing right? Sage barbs rely heavily on flesh ream since in the 90s and up archers, wizards, bm's, hell, even clerics and venos do WAY too much damage -- never mind psychics. In demon form, that lack of damage cap helps a barb not **** the hell out of his chi and hold aggro better, relying a good amount less on flesh ream. Maybe they couldn't tank Harpy Wraith, but I don't see the sensibility in building around one boss anyways, and demon barbs do just fine in tanking.

Just don't forget it's all about preference and both of 'em kick ****.
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010

Just don't forget it's all about preference and both of 'em kick ****.

Well said.

Thanks Janus
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin