Need ideas for a video

XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear
XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,569 Arc User
edited January 2010 in The Fanatics Forum
Ok so I wanna make a short PWI video but I dont have much of an idea going on so far. Anyways I have two songs in mind already. The first is called Lacie and the second song is called Bloody Rabbit.

I plan on using the first song for the opening and the second song as the main. Anyways I need ideas, I wanna do like a dramtic video so no parodies are anything lovey-dovey.

Also what places should I shoot the videos at. I know I wanna do one scene in the mountains where it's snowing, and maybe one part in the Peach Blossom Grove. I dont want to do any scenes in towns where their are catshops or a lot of people.

So anyone got any ideas on what I should do for the opening and what I should do for the main part?

Oh and I will prob be using sony vegas to edit the clips so if anyone has any suggestions on effects feel free to tell me.
Thanks for the siggy Dorset
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

-Currently residing in the real world-
Post edited by XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Intro:
    Fade in from black for 1.5 seconds, show PWI logo (I find it polite to keep that at the beginning, since it's all filmed in PWI). Fade from PWI logo to any personal logo of yours (be it simple text or a logo image such as my MediaWorks bar). Fade or cut to actual video around 0:10.
    You can film at Sanctuary if you're careful - just be sure to keep your distance from the huggy hares at all times (I ventured there in my late 50's, and one of them pot-shotted me before I knew what happened b:sad). There's some beautiful trees by a river, where no mobs spawn (or spawn far enough away they'll ignore you).
    I'd suggest filming at night - my personal taste runs towards panning shots (left, right, up, or down), I'd recommend panning from the moon to your character standing by the water.
    -Character looks around, begins to walk along the bank.
    -Camera (1st person) glances left, right (slowly) - use Vegas' framing tools on the clips to add a slight view-bob to simulate walking. (Also use these to crop out the FRAPS watermark at the top).
    -3rd person: at around 0:40 use an emote that makes the character look alerted or in some other way 'possessed of a sense of urgency' - I can't describe it better than that, as I don't know TB anims that well. Basically a second of "Wait, what was that?!"
    -Fade Lacie out at 0:41, allowing just the last couple notes to filter through, and bring in Bloody Rabbit. At 1:34, using the whole song is going to be too long and boring, especially with the extra bit of dead air at the end.
    I'd also suggest that if you have a title for the video, this is the moment to display it.
    Video for the transition:
    -1st person, running along the bank. Use a Light Rays filter and maybe even a slight blur, increase in strength to a white-out. Cut to your char running along the bank.
    White-out and cut should happen at about 0:05 (Bloody Rabbit), when the drum hits.

From there... hell if I know. But that's what I'd start with.
    BR seems to have a sense of desperate urgency, so perhaps it's your character running off to 'rescue' one of your friends? Or conversely, getting chased and being the rescued one.
    EDIT: Reread your post, you wanted an area where it's snowing. Filming on the back side of Volcanic Purgatory should work pretty well - the mobs aren't dangerous enough to pose a SERIOUS threat, the area is largely secluded (no wandering passer-by to break the mood), and of course plenty of snow.

PS: I use Vegas too. If you're using Pro 8 or later, I can send you my "template" opener with filters applied to the PWI logo to resemble the glow/flash used in their 'official' thingy.
  • XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear
    XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Intro:
    Fade in from black for 1.5 seconds, show PWI logo (I find it polite to keep that at the beginning, since it's all filmed in PWI). Fade from PWI logo to any personal logo of yours (be it simple text or a logo image such as my MediaWorks bar). Fade or cut to actual video around 0:10.
    You can film at Sanctuary if you're careful - just be sure to keep your distance from the huggy hares at all times (I ventured there in my late 50's, and one of them pot-shotted me before I knew what happened b:sad). There's some beautiful trees by a river, where no mobs spawn (or spawn far enough away they'll ignore you).
    I'd suggest filming at night - my personal taste runs towards panning shots (left, right, up, or down), I'd recommend panning from the moon to your character standing by the water.
    -Character looks around, begins to walk along the bank.
    -Camera (1st person) glances left, right (slowly) - use Vegas' framing tools on the clips to add a slight view-bob to simulate walking. (Also use these to crop out the FRAPS watermark at the top).
    -3rd person: at around 0:40 use an emote that makes the character look alerted or in some other way 'possessed of a sense of urgency' - I can't describe it better than that, as I don't know TB anims that well. Basically a second of "Wait, what was that?!"
    -Fade Lacie out at 0:41, allowing just the last couple notes to filter through, and bring in Bloody Rabbit. At 1:34, using the whole song is going to be too long and boring, especially with the extra bit of dead air at the end.
    I'd also suggest that if you have a title for the video, this is the moment to display it.
    Video for the transition:
    -1st person, running along the bank. Use a Light Rays filter and maybe even a slight blur, increase in strength to a white-out. Cut to your char running along the bank.
    White-out and cut should happen at about 0:05 (Bloody Rabbit), when the drum hits.

From there... hell if I know. But that's what I'd start with.
    BR seems to have a sense of desperate urgency, so perhaps it's your character running off to 'rescue' one of your friends? Or conversely, getting chased and being the rescued one.
    EDIT: Reread your post, you wanted an area where it's snowing. Filming on the back side of Volcanic Purgatory should work pretty well - the mobs aren't dangerous enough to pose a SERIOUS threat, the area is largely secluded (no wandering passer-by to break the mood), and of course plenty of snow.

PS: I use Vegas too. If you're using Pro 8 or later, I can send you my "template" opener with filters applied to the PWI logo to resemble the glow/flash used in their 'official' thingy.

I love your idea :D also yes I do use sony vegas 8.0 pro. Im thinking of switching to 9 though because I heared their are new cut outs like hearts and flowers but it's just a rumor I heard from my friend.
    Thanks for the siggy Dorset
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

-Currently residing in the real world-
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Check PM's. b:pleased