HFS ISO in WIN

Options
Solartide - Sanctuary
Solartide - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Off-Topic Discussion
Now as you may or may not know, pcs usually go off of FAT32 or NTFS and Macs go off of HFS.

Now a pc can't read a Mac OSX boot cd, because it's HFS. However, I need an ISO of the CD so I can boot it up in VirtualBox.

Keeping in mind that I don't have the hardware to make a quick hackintosh, what's the easiest way to make an ISO out of the Mac OSX boot cd?

Right now I just downloaded a program called HFSExplorer, which sounds like it might work, but I'm still playing with it.

If anyone knows an easy way to do this without shelling out money for a utility, that would be great.

EDIT: Apparently HFSExplorer writes it into a DMG not ISO, so I can't use that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Solartide - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Solartide - Sanctuary
    Solartide - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I was hoping someone would know before I went back to work tomorrow, but I guess not.

Oh well.

I was gonna put one of those Smilies here, but none of them fit my state right now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear
    XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    If it's a technical problem with your computer go here they can help http://www.techsupportforum.com/
    Thanks for the siggy Dorset
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

-Currently residing in the real world-
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Use daemon tools to mount stuff.

And this a program called magiciso that I THINK does this kind of stuff. Ive never used it but do a google search.

A lot of the .iso file manager programs out there are for mounting .iso files without a disc (read: torrented games/movies and stuff) so it might be hard to find a manager that actually does the reverse.

And uh, no one on this forum is a techy person lmao.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|