Ultimate PvP Gear for 8x

Tatuaje - Lost City
Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Venomancer
I wanted to get some PvP information from you all. I want to get a list of the best PvP gear for when I hit 80.

From Rings to Chest armour to capes. Also the best weapon.

LA or Arcane??

Many questions I hope you all can help out with.
tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
Post edited by Tatuaje - Lost City on

Comments

• SupaRoyalty - Lost City
    SupaRoyalty - Lost City Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    well without LA I'm pretty sure assassins will eat your flesh right through. They eat me even with LA :(
  • PetUser - Lost City
    PetUser - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    But it's really funny wearing arcane and using bramble hood to make them suicide on you Lol.
  • Marista - Lost City
    Marista - Lost City Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    It depends on your play style. If you prefer to rely on your pet, you can go LA or even HA at 80, or if you prefer to get bigger numbers yourself, AA with a bit of vit works nicely. Sure, sins hurt, but I hurt them more. XP

Anyway, as to the actual gear. If you plan to be 80 a while, the TT80 armor of your chosen build is probably the best way to go. Shard with G7 or G8. Or, if you aren't going to stay long, I suggest trying to find a set of 3*s, especially if you're arcane; TT70-80 green arcane is **** as far as surviving PvP. You can get a lot better addons with 3* gears. Probably don't go past G7 on shards; HP if you're LA or HA, pdef if you're arcane.

Weapon depends on build and whether you like like -% chan or +% crit. Endless Ambiguity is nice as far as chan and HP go, while Yaksa has better attack and crit rate, as well as Pdef which can be nice if you're arcane. The TT80 gold sword has HP and 2% crit as well. If you're concerned about 9x, you'll probably want Endless or to look at the Wheel of Life glaie; it gives a lot better 9x options. The Evasion on the 9x version of Yaksa is pretty useless. If you're just in it for 8x, then get the gold. The other, more expensive option, is a Frost weapon; the Aquadash glaive is pretty nice as far as attack, and it can last you well into 9x. If you're going HA after 90, I suggest this; you need a lot less magic to use it than the TT90, and it helps make up for your lack of magic attack.

So, in the end, the "best" all depends on what you want, what your play style means is the "best." Hope I've been helpful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So, I heard HA veno is the way to go? :3
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    But it's really funny wearing arcane and using bramble hood to make them suicide on you Lol.

That, and then there's Absolute Domain -> Feral Concentration which will benefit a pure mag or HA most.
    Anyway, as to the actual gear. If you plan to be 80 a while, the TT80 armor of your chosen build is probably the best way to go.

A lot of the TT80 for arcane sucks. I'm lvl 97 and still using lvl.77 legendary wrists, and lvl 88 legendary shirt. The coin I save by not using TT or even upgrading legendary can go toward refines, imbues, skills. I understand that TT90 is great for survivability, but weighing the cost and the loss of +m/s and -%channeling: I felt it wasn't worth it. (again the saved coin could be used for better imbues / refines).
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited January 2010

Wait, what? I thought bramble doesnt work in open pvp anymore.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Marista - Lost City
    Marista - Lost City Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    My apologies, I meant to say TT80 Gold in that spot. You couldn't pay me enough to use TT80 green. >.>; Atm, I'm still using 7x 3*s, though I'm working on a TT90 gold set. Though, stats are better at 90 using gold wrists and boots with green top and pants. I'm just tired of seeing everyone in that set, plus I like the full set bonus. But I digress; my apologies again. Also, bramble indeed does not work in open PvP, though hood still reduces damage taken.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So, I heard HA veno is the way to go? :3
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Wait, what? I thought bramble doesnt work in open pvp anymore.

Bramble Guard or Bramble Hood?
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Rodwen - Lost City
    Rodwen - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    tweakz wrote: »
    Bramble Guard or Bramble Hood?

Both dont work... Bramble guard reduce damage insteed of reflecting it...
    Bramble Hood dont reflect but still reduce the damage by 75%?!
  • Kalee - Lost City
    Kalee - Lost City Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    "Create an array of magical brambles to return 200% of melee damage and reduce damage taken by 75%. Lasts 15 seconds"

This is what the skill says, so it does reflect but only work on melee types, such as BM or Barbs or Assassins. As for the gear I think best would prob be heavy, but keep in mind this is my personal thoughts on this. Mainly because barbs and blademasters target venos the most out of every other class