Best genie for assassin

Options
_Tsunami_ - Heavens Tear
_Tsunami_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Assassin
Hi, i would like to have an advice about genie: wich one is the best for assassin? I know they can learn the same skills, but start whit differents stats.

Thank you b:bye
Post edited by _Tsunami_ - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    There is no best genie, depends on what skills you want. Or maybe Windforce or Earthflame are important to you.. etc.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • _Tsunami_ - Heavens Tear
    _Tsunami_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I don't really know...right now i'm growing the rose genie,but is still clean...
  • Mizore_P - Sanctuary
    Mizore_P - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Depends on what skills you are going to get,if you want Second Wind,Relentless Courage and Tangling Mire you should get the genie with +15str
    If you want Holy Path,Spark,Earthquake and Thunderstorm then you want a +15dex

b:pleased b:victory
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Basically, whatever genie type's primary stat (Infliction/pink for str, Longevity/green for dex, etc) will provide the most benefit to the genie skills you plan to use.

Personally I'm thinking Assassins will want Extreme Poison and Thunderstorm, to boost their spike damage and provide them with a magic-based attack for Heavy Armor classes. Both of those are dex-based skills.

Second Wind, however, which is extremely useful as an emergency heal, is based on Str.
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    When in doubt, go with Discipline. You'll need to add VIT for higher level skills anyways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • whatdoyouknow
    whatdoyouknow Posts: 1
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I just got my genie fixed.
    I ended up with:
    Tangling mire
    Occult ice
    extreme poition
    caulterize
    whirlwind

kind of slow/freez/debuff...
  • nmrk
    nmrk Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    How can I change the genie i have a red one and i want the the green one is it possible?
  • Nagamorph - Harshlands
    Nagamorph - Harshlands Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    nmrk wrote: »
    How can I change the genie i have a red one and i want the the green one is it possible?

The cheap way would be to make alts and take their genies (ull need not too much luck to get the green one)but it needs a week to be able to trade it.
    The other way would be using 3 mirage celestones and getting the green one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Killermate - Harshlands
    Killermate - Harshlands Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Basic skills on genie should be tangling mire, holy patch, and tree or prot/second wind.

After that you need to decide what you want. I wound't plan to make a genie in order to kill heavy armor ppl at low levels though. I have tried a genie with high fire just for Thunderstorm and it doesn't work as good as with BMs.
  • nmrk
    nmrk Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    thx Nagamorph - Harshlands i think im gonna keep the str one but now and i know this is noobish question but how should i distribute the genie stats ? all to str? str and dex? help plz ^^
  • Mizore_P - Sanctuary
    Mizore_P - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    thx Nagamorph - Harshlands i think im gonna keep the str one but now and i know this is noobish question but how should i distribute the genie stats ? all to str? str and dex? help plz ^^

Tell us what skills are you going to get,based on that we can tell you how to distribute the stats b:victory
  • Nagamorph - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Tell us what skills are you going to get,based on that we can tell you how to distribute the stats b:victory

Yeah, you'll need stats based on genie's skills. There is the description of genie skills in http://ecatomb.net/genieskill.php b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SoulSlash - Dreamweaver
    SoulSlash - Dreamweaver Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    as for which genie to choose i cant help u much.

but would avoid learning extreme poison. the sin 59 skill subsea stike overrides extreme posion. so wasting chi stones for your genie so u can use an effect that one of your skills already has is just dumb.
  • Uziel - Harshlands
    Uziel - Harshlands Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Tangling mire + Chill of the deep make a huge difference in damage in pvp- However we do need something that could be decent for pvp in regards to a magic attack for those silly BMs/barbs.. I was thinking bramble rage but have yet to get it + it's a dex skill so Tangling mire would be **** if i were to base it around that.. More suggestions on what genie skills could be helpful would be great.. Also some Tideborn only genie skills would be amazing b:laugh
    Former BM Masakari
  • zayonx
    zayonx Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ^ try Impact
  • Swaze - Sanctuary
    Swaze - Sanctuary Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    one vital skill

WINDSHIELD

+damage reduction
    +evasion
    +attk speed
    1st sage assassin in sanctuary. That's right, I jumped in with my eyes half closed. b:cute
  • Uziel - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Windshield is a pve skill only really good for spark + windshield grinding or public quest other than that I cannot see it being useful in pvp due to Chill of the deep
    Former BM Masakari
  • Fastu - Raging Tide
    Fastu - Raging Tide Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    There is no best genie, depends on what skills you want. Or maybe Windforce or Earthflame are important to you.. etc.

why windforce? Windforce gives flying speed, totally unless for an Assasin..
  • Nagamorph - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    why windforce? Windforce gives flying speed, totally useless for an Assasin..

I think its totally useless for any1
    just get a good flying mount and avoid wasting chi stones for windforce.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fastu - Raging Tide
    Fastu - Raging Tide Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

my genie has lvl 1 windforce u.u i hate it b:angry
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Windshield is a pve skill only really good for spark + windshield grinding or public quest other than that I cannot see it being useful in pvp due to Chill of the deep
    LOL. Chill of the deep is almost worthless depending on what you're doing. And ever heard of damage reduction? With a decent genie you cut someone's damage down by 25%, how is this NOT useful? Ever TRIED pvping?
    why windforce? Windforce gives flying speed, totally unless for an Assasin..
    Yeah, catching up to people that are trying to run is absolutely worthless.
    lololo

Get a char to 90 and GTFO please
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Nagamorph - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    lololo

Get a char to 90 and GTFO please

Im not a non-lifed >.> I dont play day&night (I dont think youll want to wait until I get 90 o.O)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tapion_ - Dreamweaver
    Tapion_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Assassins have low HP, so I recommend teaching your genie to heal you.

I've found Infliction to be a great healer at lower lvls, with its high str, makes Second Wind heal nearly all of your HP(for an assassin)

Also, teach it attacks that utilize str points, something long range. assassins are low in defense, so must make up for it by being tacticians. we must keep our distance and attack with caution when face with a powerful enemy, so Blade of Extreme Heat and other long range attacks are vital, since we cant continously throw our kunais
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nagamorph - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Assassins have low HP, so I recommend teaching your genie to heal you.

I've found Infliction to be a great healer at lower lvls, with its high str, makes Second Wind heal nearly all of your HP(for an assassin)

Also, teach it attacks that utilize str points, something long range. assassins are low in defense, so must make up for it by being tacticians. we must keep our distance and attack with caution when face with a powerful enemy, so Blade of Extreme Heat and other long range attacks are vital, since we cant continously throw our kunais

How can you continuosly thow kunais? As far as i know Throw Dagger has got CD...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Uziel - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    LOL. Chill of the deep is almost worthless depending on what you're doing. And ever heard of damage reduction? With a decent genie you cut someone's damage down by 25%, how is this NOT useful? Ever TRIED pvping?

Do you even play an Assassin? And if so have you ever pvped with it? Chill of the deep is far from useless lets do the math, Ill give you a moment to put on your helmet so you don't hurt yourself. 1 attack level = 1 percent more damage if its higher than your opponents defense level. There for at level 10 you have 30% more damage being done to players who have 0 defense level. Now even with the genie skill that reduces someones damage by 25% you still have 5% more damage than more from Chill of the deep as well as whatever debuffs etc you are throwing at them. Chill of the deep only reduces attack speed- Perhaps once we get demon spark and just normal attack someone to death it will be less useful but i've compared the outcomes of fighting with both chill of the deep and without. You will easily win 100% more fights with chill of the deep compared to not. Why? because of the BURST and near instant damage that you do instead of the constant low damage.

Point and case. Stfu and before you start acting like you know something about a class actually play it.
    Former BM Masakari
  • Tapion_ - Dreamweaver
    Tapion_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    look at the entire sentence. really man i said we CANT continuously throw kunais. cant u read? fail
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kimbley - Harshlands
    Kimbley - Harshlands Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Do you even play an Assassin? And if so have you ever pvped with it? Chill of the deep is far from useless lets do the math, Ill give you a moment to put on your helmet so you don't hurt yourself. 1 attack level = 1 percent more damage if its higher than your opponents defense level. There for at level 10 you have 30% more damage being done to players who have 0 defense level. Now even with the genie skill that reduces someones damage by 25% you still have 5% more damage than more from Chill of the deep as well as whatever debuffs etc you are throwing at them. Chill of the deep only reduces attack speed- Perhaps once we get demon spark and just normal attack someone to death it will be less useful but i've compared the outcomes of fighting with both chill of the deep and without. You will easily win 100% more fights with chill of the deep compared to not. Why? because of the BURST and near instant damage that you do instead of the constant low damage.

Point and case. Stfu and before you start acting like you know something about a class actually play it.

Kristoph said it's useless depending on what you're doing.... you said it's great in PvP =P You just proved him partially right.... it sucks when you're trying to grind with minimum mana usage and whatnot.... And goodjob at not even responding to the actual point, that being that +25% damage reduction is not bad....