Cleric AoE Training Spots?

HealthPotion - Raging Tide
HealthPotion - Raging Tide Posts: 103 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Cleric
Ive been training on Petalil Hexkiss for awhile there okay exp.
Now im trying to find a good AoE Training Place to train off
Orchid Petali's. Any good spots??
And also, would there be any other good spots for a lvl 65ish cleric?
Post edited by HealthPotion - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    There is almost no need to move from Petalil Hexkiss till lv68-69, and when you do move to Orchid Petali's that alone will not be enuff. <<Read my guide for this.

Reason for this is even tho you out leveled them and they give less exp now, you can compensate it with shear numbers of them. You should be able to pull a nice solid mob base of 25+ mobs per pull. That gives more exp and drops then moving to Orchid Petali's, which are not so plentiful, harder to pull and ect....
    b:dirty
  • Nairod - Dreamweaver
    Nairod - Dreamweaver Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    There is almost no need to move from Petalil Hexkiss till lv68-69, and when you do move to Orchid Petali's that alone will not be enuff. <<Read my guide for this.

Reason for this is even tho you out leveled them and they give less exp now, you can compensate it with shear numbers of them. You should be able to pull a nice solid mob base of 25+ mobs per pull. That gives more exp and drops then moving to Orchid Petali's, which are not so plentiful, harder to pull and ect....

can i get a link to your guide... also what lvl should you be to go to petalil? I need to start doing some grinding lol out of money, out of spirit... no good ;) need new skills. b:surrender
    b:victory
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    AOE grind spot, near the lost vilage, in 6 minute you can agroo and kill around 20 Petalis, I start in front of the vilage up north, going toward the swamp, and I come back on the little hill on the lake side, there is a land funnel you can use and not have to run around the monsters to group them. But the drop is less impressive then Hexkiss.

If you have good wood gear Doing Dazzel over the lake of Woe is better.

If you have SP need and Hexkiss drop good coins and DQ for you, consider making a few more genie and drain your exp in them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    can i get a link to your guide... also what lvl should you be to go to petalil? I need to start doing some grinding lol out of money, out of spirit... no good ;) need new skills. b:surrender

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=252792

b:surrender Seems i still didnt write the locations tho. But ill tell you now.
    When you go east from Village of the Lost, you will encounter a group of 10 Orchids on a small hill, and on both sides you will have a group of 8 Celestial Hexoc.
    Pull them all and you have a nice decent number in a relative short time.
    You should do this after level 70....
    Btw use your genie, believe me when i say you wont regret dumping all your exp in to it just to stay lower level and get rich =P
    AOE grind spot, near the lost vilage, in 6 minute you can agroo and kill around 20 Petalis, I start in front of the vilage up north, going toward the swamp, and I come back on the little hill on the lake side, there is a land funnel you can use and not have to run around the monsters to group them. But the drop is less impressive then Hexkiss.

If you have good wood gear Doing Dazzel over the lake of Woe is better.

If you have SP need and Hexkiss drop good coins and DQ for you, consider making a few more genie and drain your exp in them.

6min pull for puny 20mobs? (and i think there are only 18 on that side)b:shocked

What i replied above to Nairod takes way less time X_X;;
  • Nairod - Dreamweaver
    Nairod - Dreamweaver Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2010

When you go east from Village of the Lost, you will encounter a group of 10 Orchids on a small hill, and on both sides you will have a group of 8 Celestial Hexoc.
    Btw use your genie, believe me when i say you wont regret dumping all your exp in to it just to stay lower level and get rich =P

6min pull for puny 20mobs? (and i think there are only 18 on that side)b:shocked

Thanks for the info... that sounds like a plan... I'm still a nOOb when it comes to the technical stuff... would you mind explaining the genie deal a little more in detail? Someone had said something along those lines a while back and honestly... I didnt get it...b:surrender
    b:victory
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    Genies can be used as an exp dump (besides their awesome skills).
    Simply put, it gives you a option to "throw" away all your exp to stay at a level you find that you can do more.
    But it's not throwing away since by doing it you level your genie, think of it as a win win situation.

When you find your self in a need to Not Level, simply open genie menu and the option "infuse exp".

As a cleric, few levels will be like this. First i can think of is, lv64-68 (depending on your gear) when you want to make money via AoE grind, and next is level 85 when you want to do more Rebirth Gama's.

~hope this answered your question b:victory
  • Departed - Sanctuary
    Departed - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Cleric AOE grinding has too many limitations and conditions to work effectively for long periods of time. the constant drain of MP from spam heal and purify makes it a moot effort. Combine skill Chi cost, cool down and the over all time it takes to kill a group of mobs. your wasting more MP keeping yourself alive waiting for cool downs of AOE skills or Chi build up to use the more powerful skills.

Effective AOE grinding doesn't get good until about 89 or so.

Alternative is AOE Grinding with a BM, combined effort allows both to kill faster and longer and gain 5x as much then otherwise would be possible solo.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    Cleric AOE grinding has too many limitations and conditions to work effectively for long periods of time. the constant drain of MP from spam heal and purify makes it a moot effort. Combine skill Chi cost, cool down and the over all time it takes to kill a group of mobs. your wasting more MP keeping yourself alive waiting for cool downs of AOE skills or Chi build up to use the more powerful skills.

Alternative is AOE Grinding with a BM, combined effort allows both to kill faster and longer and gain 5x as much then otherwise would be possible solo.

I'll give you a chance to say you are joking before i even comment how wrong you are b:bye
  • Torsay - Sanctuary
    Torsay - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited January 2010

This your post just shows that you have no idea.

Aoe grinding is the cheapest way to grind mp wise, repairs wise, time wise... if you get the right gear.

It works best at 60-64 and 71-75, you can make like 300k-400k per hour at those levels. Then it gets better again at 89 from what i have heard.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    This your post just shows that you have no idea.

Aoe grinding is the cheapest way to grind mp wise, repairs wise, time wise... if you get the right gear.

It works best at 60-64 and 71-75, you can make like 300k-400k per hour at those levels. Then it gets better again at 89 from what i have heard.

best levels:
    64-68 >>massive pulls, awesome exp/drops/sp
    80+>>mobs are plentiful and drops are nice

From 70-80 is bleh really....few more mobs spawn points and it would be great.

~400k per hour huh?
    1h constant AoE (no stopping what so ever) gives ~200k in DQ/item drops + coins at my level with average pull of 20mobs.

@ golden levels with ~30mob pulls it gave 250k dq/itmes + coins per hour.
  • Padixeric - Sanctuary
    Padixeric - Sanctuary Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    90-94: gnosis treerats justice quest ftw
    with jq that makes around 0.6% for about half an hour, depending on how fast you go
    (i average out at 23 per run, 4 runs in well under 30mins - so the 60min wait kinda hurts)

i think before 90 there is one for chipmunqs, never bothered with it then (stupid me)
    switch from malicious cadevils to chipmunqs as soon as you can, because they don't have that nasty mana drain, makes it a lot easier :-)

am currently still on treerats, although i'm looking forward to the lvl 96 spiders, tried em and kill is soo much faster

btw: sage spirit's gift - YAY, check it out ^^
    (seems flawed though, haven't been able to regain mp on target)

oh, and departed has a point:
    you're "wasting" quite a bit of mp to keep yourself from getting taken down by the poison, that much is true
    but: mp-wise the aoe-variant is a LOT more efficient, especially once you can get a nice amount of mobs at once, and that definitly doesn't start at 89 or 89+
    --> get good wood res gear and you're set as early as your 6X lvls

or: do aoe with a second cleric, first collects, second regains mp/chi (meditate / fight mobs single / cast)
    then switch after you killed the lot (or not, depends on wood res/hp of your partner)
    if done correctly you can take on a lot more this way too, because after your first attack (ideally tempest) you can just look for yourself if you took a lot more then you can handle alone, other cleric will finish them off ;-)

ps: Torsay, let's team up again sometime !
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010

oh and departed has a point:
    you're wasting quite a bit of mp to keep yourself from getting taken down by the poison, that much is true

No he has no point what so ever, probably cause he never tried it that early on...or what ever the reason, his post was just plain fail....
    or: do aoe with a second cleric, first collects, second regains mp/chi (meditate / fight mobs single)
    then switch after you killed the lot
    if done correctly you can take on a lot more this way too, because after your first attack (ideally tempest) you can just look for yourself if you took a lot more then you can handle alone, other cleric will kill them ;-)

Really depends, exp wise it just may be worth it, but looking on the drops, if you are unlucky you can get way less then soloing :\
  • Padixeric - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    hmm.... drops can suck solo too

last 2 runs i did only netted me coins from every single mob

imagine that, killing 45 mobs a lvl above me and all i get is coins ...

and oops, sorry Nelae, edited my previous post to make some things more clear, seems you got to quote me before that ^^
  • Torsay - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    @Padixeric
    Thanks for the tip on spiders, Pad... their droprate is really good. I got like 75k in just 4 rounds... I am just too big weakling to kill them fast enough solo right now.

Solo I should keep on doing justice on gluttons but anytime you want to do squad aoe grind on spiders let me know. Its more fun that way.

@Nelae
    How much hp and wood resist have you got? Do you use separated set of armor for grinding?
  • Padixeric - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    spiders also drop glaze Torsay b:quiet

am almost through with spiders after tempest and 2 razor, leaves em with barely 1k hp, solo can handle 13
    think together we could ... b:dirty

hehe, weekend ?

and OT:
    - anyone know of DoT poison mobs in heaven or hell ?
    - anyone know flying DoT poison mobs at 9X ? (kinda like the vipions)
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    @Nelae
    How much hp and wood resist have you got? Do you use separated set of armor for grinding?

Well i used to use separate armor for grinding (all wood res or if i cant find all wood then wood plus one other), but since i hit lv80 i cant find any good 3* items that would suit me, so i use TT80 top, Dark pants of Hades, TT80 boots and TT sleeves. But was lucky to find wood res ornaments so over all have a puny 9.8k wood res atm.

About HP, atm 3.1kHP which isnt so good, but had no problems surviving so far (have 50ish base vit)

Oh and Padixeric, how many chipmunqs can you pull/kill in cca 3min?
    Cause with proper gear i would prolly be able to pull/kill about 25-30 cadevils. (the mana drain is nothing serious with Appo pots)
  • Padixeric - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    how many Chipmunqs ...
    ... the complete area around those tents and waggons, did never really count how many there are (well tried to, but lost count each and every time)
    and since i didn't get the justice quests, well no counter :-(

edit: Torsay, if you get back to this thread, think you could provide us with the number ? thx

could have gone over the hill and get (some) of those 8-10 there too, but not risking those riders, and neither worth the effort.

seperating the chipmunqs from the spiders is easy though

---
    and thanks to Torsay, that happening today was fun - we should make a vid of it sometime and put it up
    - well only of the times we look like pros though ;-)
  • Torsay - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Well i used to use separate armor for grinding (all wood res or if i cant find all wood then wood plus one other), but since i hit lv80 i cant find any good 3* items that would suit me, so i use TT80 top, Dark pants of Hades, TT80 boots and TT sleeves. But was lucky to find wood res ornaments so over all have a puny 9.8k wood res atm.

About HP, atm 3.1kHP which isnt so good, but had no problems surviving so far (have 50ish base vit)

Oh wow, poor Nelae. You spread info about aoe grinding here all the time and you only got 9.8k wood resist?

Your hp is nice, you can still do good on chipmungs but for higher level mobs you need more wood resist.

My friend is level 83 with similar build and stats just like you. I think hes got 3.1k hp and 10k wood resist. Hes doing fine solo on chipmungs.

Dont waste your apoth items on cadevils, prices of those things are high. Gluttons will cost you like no mp. Yet if you get more wood resist, sacrifice hp then.

If you dont mind dying you could really start making money that way with almost no imput. Just few mp foods or mp pots.

Just keep watching auction for immac aquamarine shards and gear with only wood resist. Tell people that do crafting what you looking for. Start checking out OHT armor in auction

I think droprate of all level 8x mobs is too low somehow. Level 96 spiders drop more stuff for me and they got about the same hp. They just hit harder if your wood resist isnt very high so I dont recommend you to try them yet.

I cant wait to get level 90. OHT gears are gonna make things easier. And you are right there is almost no level 8x gear around. I still use some of my 7x.

Oh and Padixeric, how many chipmunqs can you pull/kill in cca 3min?
    Cause with proper gear i would prolly be able to pull/kill about 25-30 cadevils. (the mana drain is nothing serious with Appo pots)

Killing 20 cadevils solo is doable but 30 might squish you. I am sure. :)

how many Chipmunqs ...
    ... the complete area around those tents and waggons, did never really count how many there are (well tried to, but lost count each and every time)
    and since i didn't get the justice quests, well no counter :-(

edit: Torsay, if you get back to this thread, think you could provide us with the number ? thx

There is 18 chipmungs at those tents, which is enough to kill me when I lag... I always try to kill them all.
    ---
    and thanks to Torsay, that happening today was fun - we should make a vid of it sometime and put it up
    - well only of the times we look like pros though ;-)

Yeah, I think we pulled and killed over 40 spiders at one time. I was thinking we should vid it too when that guy said "You all gonna die :D".
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    Oh wow, poor Nelae. You spread info about aoe grinding here all the time and you only got 9.8k wood resist?

Your hp is nice, you can still do good on chipmungs but for higher level mobs you need more wood resist.

Thats why i always suggest AoE grind <---have crappy gear and still can do it with no problem what so ever.
    &
    You have no clue how poor i am or was....did i mention i AoE-ed with withe gear at one point extremely successfully >__>;;
    Just keeping up with my suicidal friends is enuff to make anyone broke 4 Life.....b:chuckle
    My friend is level 83 with similar build and stats just like you. I think hes got 3.1k hp and 10k wood resist. Hes doing fine solo on chipmungs.

Gonna try them, sounds yummy.

Dont waste your apoth items on cadevils, prices of those things are high. Gluttons will cost you like no mp. Yet if you get more wood resist, sacrifice hp then.

If you dont mind dying you could really start making money that way with almost no imput. Just few mp foods or mp pots.

All the same on that point, 10min with those 100MP per sec pot's and i can totally ignore their MP drain =P
    Just keep watching auction for immac aquamarine shards and gear with only wood resist. Tell people that do crafting what you looking for. Start checking out OHT armor in auction

I think droprate of all level 8x mobs is too low somehow. Level 96 spiders drop more stuff for me and they got about the same hp. They just hit harder if your wood resist isnt very high so I dont recommend you to try them yet.

I cant wait to get level 90. OHT gears are gonna make things easier. And you are right there is almost no level 8x gear around. I still use some of my 7x.

Eh yeah, like said, i do watch AH but no good items ever appear, well not when i am on any ways :\.

Drops are decent in a long run, for some reason, the longer you grind the better they get rolf.

Yeah, I think we pulled and killed over 40 spiders at one time. I was thinking we should vid it too when that guy said "You all gonna die :D".

I wanna see that too b:surprised
  • Torsay - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    I'll try to make a vid later. Still need some training there :D

Oh and btw for 70s
    Celestial Hexocs near the south bridge next to sanctuary are pretty good.
    If you got +5 weapon you can make 400k per hour there at level 75... at 76+ they stop dropping dq items that much.
  • ManOnTheEdge - Sanctuary
    ManOnTheEdge - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I didn't read through all the pages... So if Anyone else has already said then this don't mind me, but a great spot for AoE grind once your level 80+ is the Dazzlewings at Lake of Woe.
    IronHeart yourself a few times Then round up a bunch (I go for 10-15 usually, but it's up to you.)
  • TCHP - Lost City
    edited August 2010

If you are high enough u can agroo 24 actually in that spot. The time is mostly running around cause some have a bit of distance between them. And getting them in the natural funnel. If I was not bloody red I would make a few run and Screen shot it for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TCHP - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    I feel like this tread was a bit Highjack, the question was aoe grind spot and not if it's more or less cost. Well I'll compare it anyway. 60 Petalis usually require me to use a 5k pot every 10 Petalis. If I agroo them in pack of 20 I use only 1 5k pot. To me it look like less MP.

Well idk were AA cleric will grind but I have a few other AOE stop I like to use.

Under village of the oppressed, I like to get 6 Couraget master at arm in 1 nice fight. Good pot and shield required. in 30 minute or less I kill 70.

Around Immolation camp. Most are fun to aoe. I think both AA and LA cleric can find there favorite there. has a LA I never took more then 5 Cragg, fire damage is faster. I like the Demonic Rouge, they walk slow, most I took was 8 so far. Crystaline Warden are slow walker also. Rockenwolf ( I think ) have good damage but whit a barb or BM u can get a nice stack of coins fast. The last 3 I mention can be done in 12 pack whit a bm, or barb.
    And Orelith also.

We talk about petalis and hexkiss.

Then there is the nameless island, watch for the miniboss Slitt, but most serpent there give nice reward. I like this island at my lv I can show off and agroo the full island except for slitt ! But there are basicly 2 spot u can get a decent number of mob. Also there is less player trafic and less pk in that place.

for lower lv whit a bm I suggest the nightscream Island, go left to the boat I thing there are Brigand Assassin. BM use his speed to gather then in 1 spot, cleric get a few from the other side and both meet in a frenzy for aoe stun, dragon, siren and razor. Lot of coins to be made there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I feel like this tread was a bit Highjack, the question was aoe grind spot and not if it's more or less cost. Well I'll compare it anyway. 60 Petalis usually require me to use a 5k pot every 10 Petalis. If I agroo them in pack of 20 I use only 1 5k pot. To me it look like less MP.

Well idk were AA cleric will grind but I have a few other AOE stop I like to use.

Under village of the oppressed, I like to get 6 Couraget master at arm in 1 nice fight. Good pot and shield required. in 30 minute or less I kill 70.

Around Immolation camp. Most are fun to aoe. I think both AA and LA cleric can find there favorite there. has a LA I never took more then 5 Cragg, fire damage is faster. I like the Demonic Rouge, they walk slow, most I took was 8 so far. Crystaline Warden are slow walker also. Rockenwolf ( I think ) have good damage but whit a barb or BM u can get a nice stack of coins fast. The last 3 I mention can be done in 12 pack whit a bm, or barb.
    And Orelith also.

We talk about petalis and hexkiss.

Then there is the nameless island, watch for the miniboss Slitt, but most serpent there give nice reward. I like this island at my lv I can show off and agroo the full island except for slitt ! But there are basicly 2 spot u can get a decent number of mob. Also there is less player trafic and less pk in that place.

for lower lv whit a bm I suggest the nightscream Island, go left to the boat I thing there are Brigand Assassin. BM use his speed to gather then in 1 spot, cleric get a few from the other side and both meet in a frenzy for aoe stun, dragon, siren and razor. Lot of coins to be made there.

Epic necro

b:sweat
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Qlngfu - Archosaur
    Qlngfu - Archosaur Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    iis there any good aoe spots at 9x o0..wood n poision plx, direct damage is **** :/