Flight Speed calculations

Options
Tawnos - Dreamweaver
Tawnos - Dreamweaver Posts: 261 Arc User
edited January 2010 in General Discussion
I have a doubt about flight speed. The eagles wing that an elf get from the level 30 quest gives +0.5 flight speed. Is that the same speed I will get if I am using the natural elf wings with a flight master skill of +0.5?

I ask because there is no clear indication if the flight mastering skill uses the same metric unit as the flight speed on cash shop wings.

Also the regular speed of a cleric is 4.8 met/sec. If the cleric flight with +1.0 speed wings that means that he will flight at 5.8 met/sec or +1.0 means one whole regular speed added meaning a 9.6 met/sec flight speed?

Again I ask because the documentation don’t make it clear what metric unit is the +1.0 flight speed using?
Post edited by Tawnos - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Super_Trout - Dreamweaver
    Super_Trout - Dreamweaver Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Theoretically, if you could get Flight Mastery to give you +0.5 (it goes up by 0.2 intervals, so not possible) then yes, you would go the same speed as the quest reward eagle wings.

The +1.0 means it tacks on 1 meter per second to the initial flight speed (the initial flight speed for all classes/races is 5.0, so you would be flying at 6.0m/s)

Hope I could have shed some light on the situation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Yeah, base speed for all classes is 5.0m/sec. Then with that 5.0m/sec you add on the +speed of your aerogear.
    I have a doubt about flight speed. The eagles wing that an elf get from the level 30 quest gives +0.5 flight speed. Is that the same speed I will get if I am using the natural elf wings with a flight master skill of +0.5? yes
    Also the regular speed of a cleric is 4.8 met/sec. If the cleric flight with +1.0 speed wings that means that he will flight at 5.8 met/sec or +1.0 means one whole regular speed added meaning a 9.6 met/sec flight speed?Lol, No. Cleric flight speed is 5.0m/sec (same for all classes) then you add on the speed of the wings in m/sec. So 5.0+1.0m/sec=6m/sec flying speed
    Again I ask because the documentation don
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Tawnos - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Options
    the initial flight speed for all classes/races is 5.0

Could you please tell me where did you find that information? I was able to find the regular walking/running speed for each class but not the flight speed! However I do belive you when you tell me is 5.0.
  • Super_Trout - Dreamweaver
    Super_Trout - Dreamweaver Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Could you please tell me where did you find that information? I was able to find the regular walking/running speed for each class but not the flight speed! However I do belive you when you tell me is 5.0.

I never found it anywhere in-game. Just word of mouth throughout the forums, I guess. b:embarrass
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tawnos - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I found that maximun flight mastery skill is +2.0. Interesting!
  • LingBanamu - Sanctuary
    LingBanamu - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

The best that I came up with in a search was this thread. The most relevant information is on page 2-3. Hope this was what you were wanting.

-Ling
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Someone wrote a primer on elf wings and flight mastery.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    A lot of us sat there with stopwatches and timed flying speeds with different class characters and mounts, compared to known land and land mount speeds. Aside from a glitch affecting flight speed when the game is minimized, all of us got results which pretty much confirmed the "everyone's base flying speed is 5.0" theory.
  • Hemoglobin - Dreamweaver
    Hemoglobin - Dreamweaver Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    my natural wings are maxed out to +2.0 but how come when i fly my speed says the same thing as when i run which is 5.2? shouldnt it say 7.2 when i fly?
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    my natural wings are maxed out to +2.0 but how come when i fly my speed says the same thing as when i run which is 5.2? shouldnt it say 7.2 when i fly?

If you hover over the speed in your character sheet it explains that it is the "Ground Speed". Your flight speed is not shown anywhere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

Nope, flight speed doesn't show in the speed bar. IMO it should, but it doesn't.
    EDIT: Ninja'd =___=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Auldwulf - Dreamweaver
    Auldwulf - Dreamweaver Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I have a question. b:question

I bought the Spectral Haze wings from the CS, (3.2-6.2 I believe), is this the maximum that the stats will always be, or can they be upgraded as well to get more speed out of them?b:thanks

Peace...
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I have a question. b:question

I bought the Spectral Haze wings from the CS, (3.2-6.2 I believe), is this the maximum that the stats will always be, or can they be upgraded as well to get more speed out of them?b:thanks

Peace...

That is the maximum that you will get out of them.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.