Special Characters

SupaRoyalty - Lost City
SupaRoyalty - Lost City Posts: 516 Arc User
edited April 2010 in General Discussion
So I've seen special characters with shops and stuff and wondered how they do them. Like the heart for example.

Also, can you do any special characters with names? I know there's the underscore... but anything else?
Post edited by SupaRoyalty - Lost City on

Comments

• GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ive been away from game for a lil long time now...

the only thing i can remember as a special character shop was the CS item that allow u to enlarge slots and name of the shop

i dont remember the name, but once u get it u go from CAT SHOP to COW SHOP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ♥ ♣ ☻ ♪

^ Copy and Paste/Alt Codes

You cannot use characters in your characters name, but many use in their pet names.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • eternalnab
    eternalnab Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    type charmap on ur windows search thingy and after that choose SimSun or so and boo =)
  • Starchief - Sanctuary
    Starchief - Sanctuary Posts: 606 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    To access Windows Character Map: http://i47.tinypic.com/2q8txs8.jpg

I'm using font YD2002, it came with my Windows XP and has all the cool symbols like stars, smiley faces, hearts, clubs, spades, diamonds, boxes, random lines, Cyrillic alphabet, Greek alphabet, et cetera.

also this for cool colors:

<2><Text Here><1:0>

The first symbol I can't find anywhere else (thanks Blessing from HT for sharing this with us), change the "2" with a "1" for cyan color.
  • Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    Sangodoc - Dreamweaver Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    For Windows XP, open up the Control Panel and go into the Fonts folder. Then open up Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer) and go into the C:\Program Files\Perfect World International\element\fonts folder and copy fzl2jw.ttf and fzxh1jw.ttf to the Fonts folder you opened in the control panel. (You only have to do this once.)

Then go to your Start button and look under Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools for the Character Map program. Set the font to FZXiHei I-Z08S, find the symbol you want, double-click it, click the Copy button, and then paste it wherever you want. That way your shop can say "☆☆☆ Items!" instead of just "*** Items!", or whatever. b:pleased
  • Zhou_Yu - Heavens Tear
    Zhou_Yu - Heavens Tear Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Scroll down to Eats' comment on this

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=542062&highlight=text+characters&page=2

I believe that the current stand (basically) from PWI on this is that if you copy and paste anything into it's folders, alter their folders in any way, or anything similar, it can be considered a form of hacking in that you are altering the game differently from what they supply to you.

I don't believe anyone says anything about the names because it is relatively harmless. But if PWI ever decides to put their foot down and enforce the rule... b:surrender

This also includes using the color chat codes.
  • svedese
    svedese Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Like every thread that asks this, I'll give the same response.

Modifying game files manually is a violation of the terms of service. If you are reported for this we will be forced to take disciplinary action.
    Copying files is not a violation of TOS. However editing the files are.
  • Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    Sangodoc - Dreamweaver Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I didn't tell anyone to copy anything into the PWI folders or to edit anything, I said to copy the fonts out of the PWI folder into the system's Fonts folder so you can access the PWI fonts using the Character Map application.

There's no violation there.
  • Zhou_Yu - Heavens Tear
    Zhou_Yu - Heavens Tear Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    It is a violation of ToS if you even alter any of the files in any way what-so-ever, you have downloaded from the site to play the game.

Under the ToS, Licence: Except as expressly permitted in these Terms or in the applicable EULA, such license does not include, and you agree not to engage in, any: d) modifying, adapting, altering, enhancing, or otherwise making any derivative uses of any Games, game content or other Proprietary Materials, or any portion thereof. b:bye
  • Starchief - Sanctuary
    Starchief - Sanctuary Posts: 606 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    also for special characters u may hold down alt and then type a sequence of 3 numbers on the number pad.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sihndra
    sihndra Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Since you aren't actually modifying game files and catshop titles are very temporary/trivial, special characters in these are fine. However, do not:
    • Use profanity in any language.
    • Use foreign language spacing to create shop names half a mile long.
    • Run catshop scams in any language.

Shop accounts are considered alt accounts in most circumstances, so they are banned much more harshly. You have been warned!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nadia0908
    nadia0908 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i cant make the heart in my pets name b:cry
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    nadia0908 wrote: »

Yes, I would love to know how to ♥ in game to.. but sadly I can't for some reason. It always turns into a square. But I can ☆☆☆ just fine..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Scroll down to Eats' comment on this

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=542062&highlight=text+characters&page=2

I believe that the current stand (basically) from PWI on this is that if you copy and paste anything into it's folders, alter their folders in any way, or anything similar, it can be considered a form of hacking in that you are altering the game differently from what they supply to you.

I don't believe anyone says anything about the names because it is relatively harmless. But if PWI ever decides to put their foot down and enforce the rule... b:surrender

This also includes using the color chat codes.
    :O my color!
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • SinCityChick - Dreamweaver
    SinCityChick - Dreamweaver Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Sihndra wrote: »
    Since you aren't actually modifying game files and catshop titles are very temporary/trivial, special characters in these are fine. However, do not:

Shop accounts are considered alt accounts in most circumstances, so they are banned much more harshly. You have been warned!

Who iz you and where did you come from? o.O
    For those times when *facepalm* and *headdesk* just aren't enough, I present...*brickhead*...painful, effective, and guaranteed to make you forget why you hit yourself in the first place.

R.I.P.:
    SkyLight (faction)
    Andracil (teh BEST MOD EVER!)
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Its an admin. I've never seen one before. I thought they were extinct. Come to think of it, I've never even heard about them before.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited April 2010

she be the wererat
    b:avoid
    detected quite a while ago
    me sensed teh presence in game before me saw in forum
    >.<
    now me wonder who "LokisDottir" be.
    b:puzzled
    not enough data. Dx
    could mayhaps be an alt?
    b:puzzled
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fiendishkit - Heavens Tear
    Fiendishkit - Heavens Tear Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Yes, I would love to know how to ♥ in game to.. but sadly I can't for some reason. It always turns into a square. But I can ☆☆☆ just fine..

When you type it in the pet name box it'll show up as a square, but confirming it (if your using the right alt char for the heart) it'll show up as a heart when you summon your pet :p

Edit: >.> didnt realize this was a necro'd thread...
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    o right um technical necro.
    necro necro necro
    Sihndra wrote: »

nadia0908 wrote: »
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]