LA vs. Vit Arcane Hybrid (build suggestions needed)

Options
Aelric - Lost City
Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Cleric
Okay so I had an argument with another cleric who said LA clerics were so much better than Vit-Arcane Hybrid, I disagreed and went with the typical "LA sacrifices too much dmg" comeback, when he returned with the "I crit every other shot" attack, then I went on to say "Yeeaaaahhh, I don't think so." So basically vote for what you think is the best (LA or Vit-Arcane Hybrid), and give me some suggestions on my build. b:thanks

(All numbers below are without gear)

LvL 75 Cleric:
Vit-44
Str-42
Mag-299
Dex-5

Build:
3mag-1vit-1str (even lvls)
4mag-1vit (odd lvls)

Plan on getting to 50vit then stopping (i used different attribute calculators and stuff to figure out when to stop adding vit, but forgot all that info and decided on stopping at a nice round number, 50 :)). Pure mag w/ 1str on even lvls for the rest of the time.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
-Dr. Seuss
b:victory
Post edited by Aelric - Lost City on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Not to burst your bubble.....but you do realize that there are thousands of posts on this same topic b:surrender

But for the heck of it ---> (VERY simplified)

LA relies on crits
    Full INT consistent damage
    Hybrid has consistent damage with better survivability

It is all in what your play style is.

I want to be full int but am current hybrid because of TW's b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    How much vit did u have again rose?
    i dont know if i want to go hybrid ;x ill miss my dmg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Not to burst your bubble.....but you do realize that there are thousands of posts on this same topic b:surrender

Yes, but there aren't any threads posted that include my build and ask for suggestions b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    LA I see as all fine and good for arcane DD classes. but for clerics its not the same, since heals get no bonus's from crit rate. So although his overall dmg output may not be that different from yours, his healing ability is.
  • Nairod - Dreamweaver
    Nairod - Dreamweaver Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    30 vit points for the win! =) str as i need it for weapon, 20 dex nOOb oops, the rest all mag... =)

I was putting phy def shards in my gear but now switched to the good old pink... HP shards do the job a lot better =)
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I guess what I am really looking for is someone to give me some advice on when to stop adding vit xD i have completely forgotten my reasoning for stoping at some point, and what point that was o.O

So if any1 could give some evidence to show a good number to stop at, that would be greatly appreciated b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Dr. Seuss
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I vote 20 or 40... or 5. why, not much but increments of 20 set you on the +hp/sec. but the amount of vit you put in really depends on multiple things that people on the forum can't help you with. Like what armor do you wear? how good of a player are you? do you get hit alot? how good is your weapon? what kind of runs do you do mostly?... the list goes on. it's really to what ever extent you see necessary. Though one thing if you can't get gear that will put you hp at 3k, you might want to consider trying for that number. not because it's necessary for boss's, or that it is the magic number at which you survive. but simply because some people are newbs and think if you don't have 3k unbuffed you fail. and then they won't take you on runs.
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I vote 20 or 40... or 5. why, not much but increments of 20 set you on the +hp/sec. but the amount of vit you put in really depends on multiple things that people on the forum can't help you with. Like what armor do you wear? how good of a player are you? do you get hit alot? how good is your weapon? what kind of runs do you do mostly?... the list goes on. it's really to what ever extent you see necessary. Though one thing if you can't get gear that will put you hp at 3k, you might want to consider trying for that number. not because it's necessary for boss's, or that it is the magic number at which you survive. but simply because some people are newbs and think if you don't have 3k unbuffed you fail. and then they won't take you on runs.

thank you! lol okay i think ill aim for 3k health unbuffed, sounds good to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Dr. Seuss
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    How much vit did u have again rose?
    i dont know if i want to go hybrid ;x ill miss my dmg

b:surrender I have too much Vit....base is 145. I was full Int but changed because of the TW's that I participate in. I even have HP/Vit Rings to change out for the Wars.

I would love to go back to more Magic, but until I start refining again I will stay where I am. But I have NO issues with bosses/mobs/etc.

<---- Had base Vit of 50 till level 100 when restated to more Vit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    Options
    . I even have HP/Vit Rings to change out for the Wars.

wow thats hard core red.b:shocked
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    wow thats hard core red.b:shocked

You do what you have to to try and survive longer periods of time...Cata Ep's are generally the first to go b:sad

I have 6 different rings...lunar/abominations/hp and vit (x2)/all hp/one that has +17 vit b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    b:surrender I have too much Vit....base is 145. I was full Int but changed because of the TW's that I participate in. I even have HP/Vit Rings to change out for the Wars.

I would love to go back to more Magic, but until I start refining again I will stay where I am. But I have NO issues with bosses/mobs/etc.

<---- Had base Vit of 50 till level 100 when restated to more Vit.
    zomg its tempting >< simulation shows about +1.7kHP +400pdef but the magic dmg -2k >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    thank you! lol okay i think ill aim for 3k health unbuffed, sounds good to me.

What do you mean 3k unbuff ? U mean whit no soul gem oO ? Cause I'm LA and I have 6 vit point, around 24 whit armour buff and I have 3.5 k and it's not enough for Frost cover at level 75. Did'nt try it whit new armor but I plan on going in again at 85 and see the difference.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    Options
    by unbuffed I mean without the barb buff (beast kings inspiration). And if you can't do FF with 3.5k you might be doing something wrong, maybe try a different squad. I'm able to do FF with under 3k, but have been turned down by multiple squads because they say my hp is too low. But also for FF, I couldn't imagine a cleric doing that without a charm... you'd need a large hp pool and a good stack of hp pots so I don't know if you had one or not.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    by unbuffed I mean without the barb buff (beast kings inspiration). And if you can't do FF with 3.5k you might be doing something wrong, maybe try a different squad. I'm able to do FF with under 3k, but have been turned down by multiple squads because they say my hp is too low. But also for FF, I couldn't imagine a cleric doing that without a charm... you'd need a large hp pool and a good stack of hp pots so I don't know if you had one or not.

i started doing FF a few times at 85, had around 3.5k hp with no charm. its possible, u just gotta be aware of wuts going on.
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    okay so...

using this random character calculator i found HERE, with level set to 100, i found out the following...

>50 vit = 430 more HP & 11 more pdef/element res.
    >50 vit = 45 less mag atk

But I didn't believe that, something seemed wrong... so I went HERE, and got this...

>50 vit = 430 more HP & ~23 more pdef, and ~22 more element res.
    *Mag atk. was not affected when adding mag (stays @ 1-1)

Something still seems wrong lol... So I went HERE (you have to have an account), and it said this...

>50 vit = 430 more HP & 0 pdef/element res.
    >50 vit = 63 less mag atk

So... none of the calcs I found matched lulz...

Can any1 provide any "Accurate" info on how much HP/def each point of vit gives, and how much mag attack each point of mag gives b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Dr. Seuss