edited January 2010 in General Discussion
Where can you find these? I heard they allow you to see sins
Post edited by DarkHam - Harshlands on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Gives you a 20 level advantage in seeing Assassins.

However, you must own the City of Raging Tide to make them. They are apoth pots that are like the ones form 1k and Arch. meaning you have to won the land and have level 6 apoth to make.

^ If I am wrong someone correct me ^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • brawl4life
    brawl4life Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    From what I hear you can buy them directly from the battle coordinator IN a territory war.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    brawl4life wrote: »
    From what I hear you can buy them directly from the battle coordinator IN a territory war.

O.o

Will have to test that one this upcoming week.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    20 level advantage?
    so um if there be a level 105 assassin and a level 105 any other class
    if the any other class eated the awareness pot they can see them?
    b:puzzled
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    20 level advantage?
    so um if there be a level 105 assassin and a level 105 any other class
    if the any other class eated the awareness pot they can see them?
    b:puzzled

they will also see many colors and melting walls b:quiet
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    It raises your awareness level by 20.
    Some sins can still stay invis though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    pretty pointless pot imo

#1. you wouldnt waste an apoc timer to check to see assasins and

#2. you see them once they attack anyway

only time they would be useful is when they use shadow escape to run away i guess?
    b:bye you were all swell peoples
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    Miss_Tika - Lost City Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    pretty pointless pot imo

#1. you wouldnt waste an apoc timer to check to see assasins and

#2. you see them once they attack anyway

only time they would be useful is when they use shadow escape to run away i guess?

That or attack them before they attack you.

And I don't think there's Awareness pots in TW.... I'll definitely check this week though.
    edited January 2010
    Options

this~

although...can't they teleport next to us?
    although having awareness pots would let us get the first strike (since most if not all assassins would assume we can't see them)

b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Paigrande - Harshlands
    Paigrande - Harshlands Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    For wiz best way to kill sins is by using seal then sutra or an ulti skills to see if you either kill them before seal time runs out or with a one shot, otherwise they can jus force stealth whenever you are close to kill them. Awareness pots are usefull if you didnt manage to kill them before the seal time ran out, but if it increases awareness by only 20 it means a lvl100 sin will still b invisible cuz I heard their awareness is 30 more then any other class but i might b wrong.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    For wiz best way to kill sins is by using seal then sutra or an ulti skills to see if you either kill them before seal time runs out or with a one shot, otherwise they can jus force stealth whenever you are close to kill them. Awareness pots are usefull if you didnt manage to kill them before the seal time ran out, but if it increases awareness by only 20 it means a lvl100 sin will still b invisible cuz I heard their awareness is 30 more then any other class but i might b wrong.

after 74 it's 20 more. so you need to be 1 level above the sin + use the pot to see them. if you're both same level you wont see them
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

And I don't think there's Awareness pots in TW.... I'll definitely check this week though.
    this~

although...can't they teleport next to us?
    although having awareness pots would let us get the first strike (since most if not all assassins would assume we can't see them)

b:chuckle

This^
    Why wait for them to attack you, when they obviously depend on the ninja factor. If you can simply pot ohh here he is, bang kill the sin before he ever finds the reason why he is flat on his back
    b:dirty
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    after 74 it's 20 more. so you need to be 1 level above the sin + use the pot to see them. if you're both same level you wont see them

If they have a maxed stealth, that's +10 stealth level. So if the sin is 85 and has stealth maxed, you'd have to be 95 to see them even with the awareness pot.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ._.'
    ya....me usual anti stealth methods don't really work in this game since.....
    AOEs be incomplete and not true AoE.
    um there be no readily available item to reveal stealth.

err....ya me really didn't develop any other method because in pretty much all other games with invisible characters, me just chose to using true aoes to cancel out stealth....or at least show where their location be. (so that me can nuke their future path with more/stronger aoes)

._.'
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lacrimarine - Raging Tide
    Lacrimarine - Raging Tide Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    A simple question:
    How many secs do the effect of this "Awareness Pot" lasts? o.o?
    Anybody knows? =3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zessmo - Sanctuary
    Zessmo - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    even if u can see assassin in stealth mode with awareness pot, will you be able to even target them?
  • Paigrande - Harshlands
    Paigrande - Harshlands Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    even if u can see assassin in stealth mode with awareness pot, will you be able to even target them?

If you see them it means you can target them ;)
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    just a quick clarification...

the most amount of "bonus" stealth an assasin can get (which can be maxed at lvl74) is +30. Hence if I max them all out at the lowest possible lvl, only person who can see me would have to be a) lvl104 or b) a higher lvl assasin with maxed out awareness.

As for the use of awareness pots, I can see how the "first strike" would be appealing. However, I dont think it makes much sense. If you were pking and just standing around, waiting to kill people, would u just pop an awareness pot to look around for assasins? If you would, that's cool, but I wouldnt wanna waste an apoc timer like that...not to mention, assasins have instant tele up to 30ms + a ranged attack which is 35m. If i wanted to stalk a prey, i also have the option to keep out of range
    b:bye you were all swell peoples
  • Qwentomec - Heavens Tear
    Qwentomec - Heavens Tear Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    However, you must own the City of Raging Tide to make them. They are apoth pots that are like the ones form 1k and Arch. meaning you have to won the land and have level 6 apoth to make.

^ If I am wrong someone correct me ^

Hmm I was told you could make them at 1k and Archo too along with the other lvl 6 pots...though I don't belong to a faction that owns those lands so this is only as reliable as my source >.>
    you thilly gooses... feather set is thuper fabulous! -Bowlinbob

Chars:
    Qwentomec 94 BM / _Zappy_ 99 Wizzy / xLysander 6x Cleric / MoneyBagz 5x Veno / BaNaNa 3x Barb / _Flappy_ 2x Archer / xKnifey 2x Sin / Spoo_Ney 3x Psy

(cookie for anyone who gets the simpsons reference in those last 2 names)
  • Phoenix - Dreamweaver
    Phoenix - Dreamweaver Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Hmm I was told you could make them at 1k and Archo too along with the other lvl 6 pots...though I don't belong to a faction that owns those lands so this is only as reliable as my source >.>

We own 1k Streams on Dreamweaver, and I'm pretty sure I've never seen Awareness pots.

Which is okay, because they sound pretty damn useless. If you know an Assassin is around, about to attack, and you don't want them to get the drop on you...use a Vacuity Powder instead.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    A simple question:
    How many secs do the effect of this "Awareness Pot" lasts? o.o?
    Anybody knows? =3

60 seconds and takes the cool-down of all other pots. Kind of pointless imo.
    just a quick clarification...

the most amount of "bonus" stealth an assasin can get (which can be maxed at lvl74) is +30. Hence if I max them all out at the lowest possible lvl, only person who can see me would have to be a) lvl104 or b) a higher lvl assasin with maxed out awareness.

As for the use of awareness pots, I can see how the "first strike" would be appealing. However, I dont think it makes much sense. If you were pking and just standing around, waiting to kill people, would u just pop an awareness pot to look around for assasins? If you would, that's cool, but I wouldnt wanna waste an apoc timer like that...not to mention, assasins have instant tele up to 30ms + a ranged attack which is 35m. If i wanted to stalk a prey, i also have the option to keep out of range

Assassins, there Catslike Tread only adds +20 at level 10. ijs

The faction I am in owns 1k and you cannot make them there. You have to own Raging Tide and it takes 4 different herbs to make.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Lacrimarine - Raging Tide
    Lacrimarine - Raging Tide Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    60 seconds and takes the cool-down of all other pots. Kind of pointless imo.
    I'll have to agree with you.

Thanks for the info b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Qwentomec - Heavens Tear
    Qwentomec - Heavens Tear Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    OK confirmed then its only the tide city that gets them D:

As for it's use...I agree it's not good for jumping an assassin before they jump you, but if they try to run away in stealth mode then they have that pot to reckon with.

Like yesterday on HT, I saw a sin jump someone in PvP mode. Sin didn't do to well and was losing, but just before he was about to die he disappeared. However later he tried again, but the second person he lost to happened to have an awareness pot, and used that to track him down and kill him.

So ya good for runners....
    you thilly gooses... feather set is thuper fabulous! -Bowlinbob

Chars:
    Qwentomec 94 BM / _Zappy_ 99 Wizzy / xLysander 6x Cleric / MoneyBagz 5x Veno / BaNaNa 3x Barb / _Flappy_ 2x Archer / xKnifey 2x Sin / Spoo_Ney 3x Psy

(cookie for anyone who gets the simpsons reference in those last 2 names)