Recording in F9 mode

JollyJaguar - Sanctuary
JollyJaguar - Sanctuary Posts: 431 Arc User
edited January 2010 in The Fanatics Forum
Is there a way to hide the F9 window while recording?
Im planning on making a promo-vid for my faction, but I dont want my veno in the middle of the attention at all times, Lol :P You see how they like fly over the landscape in the trailers? Is it possible to do something like that urself?

And does someone know where I can get the video file of the PWi logo as it shows up in their trailers? b:thanks

-Jolly
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by JollyJaguar - Sanctuary on

Comments

• eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2010
  • JollyJaguar - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Hit Alt + H b:victory pure WIN

Its that simple? o.o I thought that just hid all UI.. I take it F9 screen is UI also? lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deathsscion - Sanctuary
    Deathsscion - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I would guess no, because when you move the sceen away from your character you cannot move at the same time. Careful character placement is one possible solution. Never actually tried that so the UI might still be in the way while moving the screen around.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I thought so at least, no promises, I was more referring to what I do when filming a vid.
  • Calanon - Heavens Tear
    Calanon - Heavens Tear Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    That's what i do when i make videos o_o

I set the camera the way i want in F9 by clicking the buttons, then when i have it the way i want i press ALT + H and record b:victory

Enless i have to be moving then i just right click to set the camera :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Rawr. =3

VOTE for True Forms! b:victory
    >> pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=459842 <<

Imperfect World Series: tinyurl.com/29a4b7v
    Join NOM! PM Me on the PW Forums or in-game for info!
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    If you character is stationary, hit F9 then alt+H and yes, it will hide all the GUI including the camera menu. You can still use the INS/DEL/HOME/END/PGUP/PGDN keys to maneuver the camera around - is how I managed several of the shots here, as well as in most of my prior videos.

If you're moving, there's no sense in using F9 since the minute you twitch you revert to normal cam - in which case, I strongly encourage entering 1st Person mode.

One additional note: If you are an ELF and filming in flight, TURN EFFECTS ALL THE WAY OFF. Otherwise, your screen will be assaulted by blue sparkle confetti.

Filming Tip: Watch your shadow, or just turn shadows off. You'd be surprised how your own shadow can get in the way at the worst time.
  • Deathsscion - Sanctuary
    Deathsscion - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Just zoom in and continue to zoom in until you have a first person view. You can then move around and your character is not in any of the video. That should give you the moving shots.
  • JollyJaguar - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Thanks for the responses ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zen574
    zen574 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i'm also a little curious about the camera. can it be moved around with the ins/del/home/end keys without pressing f9 first? i thought i could do that when i logged in for the first time a few hours ago, but now it doesn't seem to work. am i mistaken?
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    no, you have to enable the camera first. F9->Alt+H = mobile cam
    Unfortunately, disabling the GUI first also seems to disable the camera-mode toggle - you can't enter cam mode after turning off the GUI.
  • zen574
    zen574 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    guess i was wrong then. well...at least i didn't change something without realizing what i was doing! b:chuckle