Dieing trying to aoe grind:(

Dravion - Lost City
Dravion - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Blademaster
Im coming back on my Bm(lv 73) from a long break ,but im broke atm. Im trying to use what little $$ i have to aoe grind on the sea weed thieves but i keep dieing :<.

This is what i have :

phy marrow lv 8
calamaties
lv 8 highland cleave
lv 5 diamond sutra
4292 phy def unbuffed(6k buffed)
lv 2 drake sweep
4300 hp
I use focus powder and the Hp powder that regens 100 per sec+ pots
I dont have a cleric friend( or a guild for that matter)

Can someone tell me what im doing wrong ? im tryng to get the money for a lv 50 genie (mine is lv 18 ><)
Post edited by Dravion - Lost City on

Comments

• ExoKillr - Heavens Tear
    ExoKillr - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    well back in the 70s and low 80s when I used to ape grind I never member dieing.. and I always grinded solo. I had all my aoes and my phys marrow at there highest levels plus my stuns. so idk wut ure doing wrong. it did take me awhile to get used aoe grinding so maybe ure not used to it. so start by using p marrow, and use sprint and pull maybe lil less than u should to start with, bunch them up, aoe stun and use aoes at will. ure gear or stats might also be at fault for dieing. hope this helped.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].
  • ChaoticTears - Harshlands
    ChaoticTears - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    If you are dying ALOT you can also try swapping your axes for a none zerk pair just for aoe grinding for now. If you HP is taking a bashing the zerk isnt going to help.
  • Zioke - Lost City
    Zioke - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    If you are dying ALOT you can also try swapping your axes for a none zerk pair just for aoe grinding for now. If you HP is taking a bashing the zerk isnt going to help.

WTF are you talking about? Zerk axes help with less hp loss due the double dmg.

If you are killing 8 mobs and you lose 5% hp from... lets say 4k hp then they do around 400-480 damage. Zerk means getting hit less because you kill faster. 4k hp/20 = only 200 hp loss.

Just try to get vit ornaments and refine your gear to +2. Hp shard it and you are fine.

If not i should try aoeing lower mobs IF you aoe grind at Nightscream. Seaweed near sanc does work fine and as they've told before. Don't overlure. If this doesn't work wait a few lvls,
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Find a Cleric partner in WC or archo. Both of you use Focus Powder.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Goreoath - Lost City
    Goreoath - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Go grind some Lv. 50x/60x mobs until you get enough to buy up a HP/MP Charm. Take your time... no need to try and keep up with everyone else in the game. It's not possible.

When I AOE grind I pull my mobs, stun/aoe/aoe then run around them until my stun has recharged. Repeat as necessary.

You can also link up with a Zen Party. Or just find a cleric to heal you while you AOE grind.
    PK Guild - Cascade

The dead and the absent have no friends.
  • rikako
    rikako Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    4292 phy def unbuffed(6k buffed) <- wtf?

my bm on these levels had way more than 4k.. lol if i can remember right about 10~11k.
  • Starchief - Sanctuary
    Starchief - Sanctuary Posts: 606 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    rikako wrote: »
    4292 phy def unbuffed(6k buffed) <- wtf?

my bm on these levels had way more than 4k.. lol if i can remember right about 10~11k.

yea dude wtf indeed. I have 11-12 k def with golden bell and marrow, around 8k with just golden bell. Are u usein light armor or somethin? O.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OHa - Heavens Tear
    OHa - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2010

Worst advice by far.

AoE grinding and berserk axes made for each other.
  • Draeyos - Lost City
    Draeyos - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    wrong forum ><
  • Dravion - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Heres my Bm , tell me what im doing wrong.
    Keep in mind im low on money

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=970663384376d97f
  • MrBladey - Lost City
    MrBladey - Lost City Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Im coming back on my Bm(lv 73) from a long break ,but im broke atm. Im trying to use what little $$ i have to aoe grind on the sea weed thieves but i keep dieing :<.

This is what i have :

phy marrow lv 8
    calamaties
    lv 8 highland cleave
    lv 5 diamond sutra
    4292 phy def unbuffed(6k buffed)
    lv 2 drake sweep
    4300 hp
    I use focus powder and the Hp powder that regens 100 per sec+ pots
    I dont have a cleric friend( or a guild for that matter)

Can someone tell me what im doing wrong ? im tryng to get the money for a lv 50 genie (mine is lv 18 ><)

Well this is how I aoe grind on seaweed thieves. And I never die unless I lose my attention. I can pretty much pull about 8 and using pots and genie do fine.

I suggest you level up drake sweep a level or two. What level's ur fissure? Fan of flames just leave at lvl one.

I suggest leveling up diamond sutra imho it's worth the money. Since you use ALOT less hp pots while aoe grinding and it saves my **** plenty before.

HIGHLY SUGGEST:

Get a str genie asap use your exp or spirit. Dosen't matter how much you got it's worth it.

Get tangling mire for quick killing and second wind for those 'o ****' moments.

Roar of pride is REALLY nice too so max definitely max that.

Upgrade your gear to full 3* with lots of hp and phys adds. Your's is a bit lacking imo at the moment.
    For honor...
    For glory...
    FOR E-PEEN!
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Heres my Bm , tell me what im doing wrong.
    Keep in mind im low on money

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=970663384376d97f

My paliden has more def, mag res, hp and attack at the same level O.o

-"Adventure" quest with the lochmur and digging treasure. Finish the chain now. Awesome phys ring as a lv59 reward.
    -Keep a phys def necklace spare for grinding, even an NPC one, remember seaweeds are phys only mobs
    -You're high enough to switch over to cuisses of antiquity, don't be fooled by reduce phys 1% either, it sucks.
    -Better robe, better helm, scan ah daily for good deals.
    -You need at least some of the following: a charm, cleric, genie with ToP, or at least some high level food like jioazi
    -Check ah daily for 3* upgrades. Winged dragon 3* can be as cheap as 20-30k

Best bet is to farm mats for coin. Faaaaar better money than grinding tbh. Do wq, bh, cs and whatever quests you have for a few days for exp and catch up on gear.
  • Dravion - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    how much should my Hp be at lv 73?, ive considered useing a second weapon but i dont wanna sacrifiice too much hp and end up not being able to aoe( im at 200k gold atm, same hp and my phy def is now 7k with bell and 11k with lv 9 marrow+bell)
  • Bloop - Harshlands
    Bloop - Harshlands Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    You have.... 102 dex...
    60 / 250.
  • Dravion - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    whats ur point?
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Good thing to know that I'm not the only one failing at AoE grinding. :D But about your gear, I think you are pretty much fine. Maybe get more 3* like Seph suggested. Also by farming TT you can get money for more expensive stuff or, if you eventually want TT80 gear, get your TT70 armor from AH/farm TT for the mats.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Zioke - Lost City
    Zioke - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Good thing to know that I'm not the only one failing at AoE grinding. :D But about your gear, I think you are pretty much fine. Maybe get more 3* like Seph suggested. Also by farming TT you can get money for more expensive stuff or, if you eventually want TT80 gear, get your TT70 armor from AH/farm TT for the mats.

of course you fail at your lvl. Wait till you are atleast 65 most prefer 70+
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    well your gear looks fine for basic pve

honesly im 1/2 LA and grind the mobs with just flourish orbs (+50 hp mp regen apoth item) no pots needed

heres how you get a constant and safe aoe going w/o pots

maq marrow > phys marrow >sprint > gather 8-12 mobs > alter phys > ROTP > drake sweep> fissure> fan of flames> fissure > dimond sutra >alter phys > w/e aoes you like

mobs should be dead grab drops med for like 15 seconds and go again

try and keep your chi above 1.5 sparks and use ROTP whenever theres 4+ on you and its not in CD

hope that helpsb:surrender
    Gifs are hard to make work here