What should I cap vit at?

Yukelle - Heavens Tear
Yukelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Cleric
Basically, what the title says. What should I cap my vit at? Right now for my build I'm doing 7-8 mag, 1 str, 1-2 vit every two levels. So right now, I have 18 vit. I want to end up going pure, just depends on what I should cap my vit at. Help is appreciated b:pleased
Post edited by Yukelle - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Exkaede - Lost City
    Exkaede - Lost City Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    you can never get to much hp... its a balance between attack power and health I guess, but imo you should never cap it, keep going with a x:x:x formula I'd say.
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    it really is up to you, for normal vit AA it's 50-100. I personally have my vit capped at 5. for you my personal recomendation would be cap at 20. for 3 reasons. (1) your so close to 20 and at 20 you get the extra hp/sec regen (2) your on pve server which you really don't need that much vit (3) 20 is such a nice even well rounded number.

Edit: don't recommend going with x:x:x formula, though you can. you want a cap eventually other wise you will have too much vit in the end. 100 vit on pve is just way too much. pretty much every cleric will cap there vit at some point in time. and if you ever think you have too little vit you can add less to mag and put more in vit. but if you think you have too much vit, it costs money to take it out.
  • Lilanella - Heavens Tear
    Lilanella - Heavens Tear Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    it really is up to you, for normal vit AA it's 50-100. I personally have my vit capped at 5. for you my personal recomendation would be cap at 20. for 3 reasons. (1) your so close to 20 and at 20 you get the extra hp/sec regen (2) your on pve server which you really don't need that much vit (3) 20 is such a nice even well rounded number.

Edit: don't recommend going with x:x:x formula, though you can. you want a cap eventually other wise you will have too much vit in the end. 100 vit on pve is just way too much. pretty much every cleric will cap there vit at some point in time. and if you ever think you have too little vit you can add less to mag and put more in vit. but if you think you have too much vit, it costs money to take it out.

Okay, sounds good to me, thanks :)

Btw, this is Yukelle :P
  • Fuyukoneko - Heavens Tear
    Fuyukoneko - Heavens Tear Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    My vit is capped permanently at 100. It was 120 for awhile -- but that was because I went crazy and restatted so I could beat my hubby's HP. I don't see myself going any lower than 100 until I get better equips ....which I'm currently procrastinating on.

As for your level, I suggest that you check out every cleric you party with to get a good idea of averages [and check their equips to see how it all combines]. That's what I did anyway b:thanks
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Capped mine at 25 and am debating dropping it back down to 5.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    My vit is capped permanently at 100. It was 120 for awhile -- but that was because I went crazy and restatted so I could beat my hubby's HP. I don't see myself going any lower than 100 until I get better equips ....which I'm currently procrastinating on.

As for your level, I suggest that you check out every cleric you party with to get a good idea of averages [and check their equips to see how it all combines]. That's what I did anyway b:thanks

How much hp is that?I was thinking of 60 as my hps are at 2000+.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    yea, u may go some vit and reset it later eventually

but we cant just tell u how much it shud be -it w ill depends on ur equips and we dunno what u will have at f.e. 70 lvl

u add more vit when ur equip dont give u enough hp to do things u want and usually clers have base 30-70vit (300-700hp) before 90lvl, and it depends on their gear and personal preferences

i had 40-50 base vit (dun remember) so it was easier for me to solo-heal at lower lvls (f.e. 4ppl team farming TT 1-2 on 65-70 with 7x team)

im sure i had 30 base vit on 80s

and now i have 5 base xP
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I decided to go with a 30 vit base for my cleric. Which allows for an easy restat back to 5 in the future. Most of my hp comes from adds on gears, +'d equipment and some shards.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    There is no such thing as 'cap vit', you add the amount of vit you need to survive. For some who dont look after gear (dont have time or what ever reason), they can have over 100vit cause they need it, some have way less cause they get it from gear and some dont even have vit points cause they refine and shard heavily.
    b:dirty
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    Skybelle - Sanctuary Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Capped mine at 25 and am debating dropping it back down to 5.

Do it. b:dirty
    So at least I don't feel guilty having it at 5 myself.

On Topic: I'd say 30-50 base vit would be good. Being squishy isn't fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    my C H A R A C T E R S ; feel free to message me in game.
    Skybelle (cleric; currently on break) | Psybelle (psychic; rarely on) | Cocobelle (veno; current main)
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    There is no such thing as 'cap vit', you add the amount of vit you need to survive. For some who dont look after gear (dont have time or what ever reason), they can have over 100vit cause they need it, some have way less cause they get it from gear and some dont even have vit points cause they refine and shard heavily.

Which by the way would be your vitality cap....roflb:chuckle
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    yea, u may go some vit and reset it later eventually

but we cant just tell u how much it shud be -it w ill depends on ur equips and we dunno what u will have at f.e. 70 lvl

u add more vit when ur equip dont give u enough hp to do things u want and usually clers have base 30-70vit (300-700hp) before 90lvl, and it depends on their gear and personal preferences

i had 40-50 base vit (dun remember) so it was easier for me to solo-heal at lower lvls (f.e. 4ppl team farming TT 1-2 on 65-70 with 7x team)

im sure i had 30 base vit on 80s

and now i have 5 base xP
    I don't know whether to shard my 70 or 80 gear as it will just get sold off later on and I don't know what other quest gear there is to come.I will add a few more in vit untill I am satisfied by it but not forgetting mag.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    shard 70 gear with averange gems and refine 1-2 with free mirages from TT if u poor
    it s cheap and u still will get lotta bonus from it

on 80 u may use beautiful or flawless coz it take a sec to get into 90s

but dont refine +3 with d. orbs (it s over 1m for 20-30 HP )
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Nairod - Dreamweaver
    Nairod - Dreamweaver Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    mine is capped at 30... but one of these days is gonna go down to 5 lol... I just dont see how 250 hp really makes a difference... but 25 points in mag =) now thats another story =)
    b:victory
  • Belkas - Lost City
    Belkas - Lost City Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Being squishy isn't fun.

No it is not fun. I recently restatted and I now have 6600 unbuffed hp. I had about 459 mag including bonus stats before that (took 100 out of mag and refined a few more pcs). Depends on what you do and if you are on pvp or pve server. Clerics are targets in pvp so the ability to survive is very valuable (got ganked by 2 bm's and they could not kill me b:victory). The drop in attack damage was not as great (seems like the law of diminishing returns applies) as I would have thought and the pts in vit give back to mag defense. I can also take quite a bit of damage without dying now. I would have to say adding vit to my build was a great move...don't regret it one bit.
  • AlanWake - Harshlands
    AlanWake - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i truly do not think people realize how much survivability you can have with having your vitality between 50 - 80. It really will help those of you who are on pvp servers. Just give it a shot, if you don't like it, you can always re stat back
  • Wrekless - Lost City
    Wrekless - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I have vit currently at 140, cause I found the 100 level to be too low. I use Phys Def shards instead of hp shards and find I do just fine in most cases. I can survive a few shots in fb89 if I accidentally pull agro.

Up until 85 ish I found 100 vit fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nexdonum - Lost City
    Nexdonum - Lost City Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I'm currently doing the 1str, 1vit, 3mag even lvls, and 1vit, 4 mag odd lvl formula. I'm not quite as squishy as I would be without it (69 with 2211 hp, 6100 some odd mag), but I'm DEFINITELY glad I do have what I have. Around 60 vit currently (not sure about base, haven't checked in a while, so ~60 with my gear) and I do alright. I'm thinking of at 70 vit going to every other even lvl to add vit... Not quite sure yet...

But you never know, you could always restat later on if you don't like it. ^_^
    We have two ears and one tongue so that we would listen more and talk less. - Diogenes

It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them. - Pierre Beaumarchais

You cannot reason someone out of a position they did not reason themselves into. - Unknown
  • Nexdonum - Lost City
    Nexdonum - Lost City Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    mine is capped at 30... but one of these days is gonna go down to 5 lol... I just dont see how 250 hp really makes a difference... but 25 points in mag =) now thats another story =)

I'm not 100% on this, but I think that vit points also add to the phys def resis number, so having more vit isn't a bad thing at all. And it's almost certainly not 'just' 250 hp. :D

b:victory
    We have two ears and one tongue so that we would listen more and talk less. - Diogenes

It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them. - Pierre Beaumarchais

You cannot reason someone out of a position they did not reason themselves into. - Unknown