HH99 crit sword orrrrrrr Neon Purgatory

Adroit - Lost City
Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Wizard
I had always planned on getting the HH99 crit sword, the stats are pretty good and almost as important... it looks awesome (dead fish on a handle). Then when lunar weapon came out I wanted to go for that.. higher grade and very good stats, and the amazing dmg range really pulled me to that (looks terrible though).

Now with Nirvana.. I hear the grade can be increased, but I don't know how realistic it is to farm in there, and whether they both cap at the same level so that the grades are not an issue anymore. I have no idea what the new weapons will look like.. so I'll just assume the devs made both look awesome.

Anyway.. assuming you can get both weapons to the same grade via Nirvana, the only differences would be the sword has +1crit more and +245 hp (I'm assuming the +matk on sword kinda equals the +magic on the lunar wep) vs -6 channeling and very tight damage range. Both are very expensive.. I figure that all said and done, the lunar wep would cost another 10-20 mil.. which I'm more than happy to pay for an end game weapon... if it is better :P Anyway does anyone have an thoughts on this?
Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
[SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Adroit - Lost City on

Comments

• Amy_Nailo - Lost City
    Amy_Nailo - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Speaking of Nirvana, both Neon Purg or Inferno-Heaven sword can be recasted to the same Nirvana weapon so I don't think there's a difference once you get there. This means it's really a matter of preference. I'll go with the crit sword for the +1% and it's cheaper to get.

Also still on Nirvana, what I'm wondering is the difference between using these Lunar / TT weapon and using the TT100 weapon (besides saving 20 crystal). Is it doing the exact same weapon in the end ? I read somewhere Nirvana weapon could keep the original mods of the weapon but the forges doesn't show this.

- Amy
  • NonameWiz - Sanctuary
    NonameWiz - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Speaking of Nirvana, both Neon Purg or Inferno-Heaven sword can be recasted to the same Nirvana weapon so I don't think there's a difference once you get there. This means it's really a matter of preference. I'll go with the crit sword for the +1% and it's cheaper to get.

Also still on Nirvana, what I'm wondering is the difference between using these Lunar / TT weapon and using the TT100 weapon (besides saving 20 crystal). Is it doing the exact same weapon in the end ? I read somewhere Nirvana weapon could keep the original mods of the weapon but the forges doesn't show this.

- Amy

As if it uses the weap as a mat, it'll be suck if it removes all the mods and give u more matk and 1 random status. Need to re-confirm this one, I'm scared b:shocked
    Rank 8 Wizard: 1% farm b:shutup
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i have both weapons - inferno and neon purgatory
    was using inferno for a long time (it's +8 only) wanted to trasform it into nirvana weapon but when i found out the weapon crystal dropes only from last boss i gave up and switched to neon

neon is very good coz of refine bonus... if u check it u will notice that neon purgatory +10 almost = inferno +11

only HH100 is better than neon purgatory but... coz of sux refine bonus at +12 hh100 dmg = +12 neon purgatory dmg b:victory

so w/o doubt neon is way better than inferno but...
    i heard chi... server has a new "anni packs" with 0,03% for a special box (50 nirvana crystals) so... :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I'm going with purgatory. I like small damage difference, refining bonus and I can use it from lv.95.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Damaged - Lost City
    Damaged - Lost City Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Uhh if you're gona be a cs ***** and go beyond +8 get the wand

If you prefer to spend your money on more important things like myself, hh99 sword and spend the money on refines

+7 HH99 sword > +2 lunar wand yo
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I'm having a +7 Neon and I love it.

so far I have a saphire gem on it, but if I will ever get it to +8 or more, I'm gonna drop a crit gem on it.
    Farming the TT99 gold is waaay too much trouble for me. I'll rather spend that time doing something more fun (both in RL and ingame).

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chili - Dreamweaver
    Chili - Dreamweaver Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    the wand was way too ugly for me =/ and bit too expensive b:surrender
    i'd say the stats are better on the wand but the sword is actually farmable :D
    b:quiet
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    Miss_Tika - Lost City Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Crit Sword imo.

Wand blows. It has like the same max attack too, just a higher min. Big ****ing deal.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Wand > HH99 imo, but only if you have enough money to refine all your gear to +6 or more, and have two lunar rings so you can switch enough shards to HP etc. Otherwise the wand will either leave your HP or pdef somewhere where I wouldn't like it.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    well, I'm staying with the wand for now.

I have two lunar rings, and working to change 3 sockets on my sleeves from garnets to citrines. That will give me +5k HP and I will still have around 6.4k pdef self buffed. I'm planning to get to 5.5k HP unbuffed and I have some space to maneuver (adding a 3rd socket on Robe, refining it to +5 and then shopping for 2 citrine gems).

I like the wand because now at +7 with a saph. gem on it gives me the same dmg as a TT99 glaive at +6, and I have +2 crit. I can work to compensate the 140 HP that the glaive would give me, but I have no means of getting back the 2% crit I would lose to the glaive.

Crit sword is a good option, but for me, right now, it's not worth it to try and get it and refine + shard it since the gain will be minimal.

Right now all I have to focus on is getting more HP while staying pure. If I can get to 5.5k (7k buffed) with the +10k pdef I have right now, I'm a happy camper.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    Crit Sword imo.

Wand blows. It has like the same max attack too, just a higher min. Big ****ing deal.
    1st - and u deal that max dmg like... always? lol
    2nd - same max attack till +9... higher refine = cya poor inferno :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    The 99 sword is good because it has a good range of damage - able to hit higher if lucky. It also gives another crit and ~245 hp. But assuming you will refine past +4 the cv wand is better, it doesn't have spike damage but the small range is pretty close to the max damage of the sword when refined and this just becomes more apparent the higher you refine.

You won't be casting a g13 nirvana weapon in a long time I'll tell you that now so don't even plan on it.

I would get the magic sword due to how cheap it is and if I was to spend extra coin on a weapon I would buy a twilight scepter which you can find for a bit more than a cv weapon.
    edited January 2010

You won't be casting a g13 nirvana weapon in a long time I'll tell you that now so don't even plan on it.

Do you know, that how many crystals needed for G13(nirvana), depends how high is refine your weapon, what gem is inside, etc? Example. With non refined purgatory I need 150 crystals to upgrade to G13. With +4 refined purgatory I need just 80 crystals(If i remember correctly). With +8 you maybe will need just 50crystals. So to get G13 is not as impossible as can be seen. And I'm telling without inserted gem. So it will be even lower.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Do you know, that how many crystals needed for G13(nirvana), depends how high is refine your weapon, what gem is inside, etc? Example. With non refined purgatory I need 150 crystals to upgrade to G13. With +4 refined purgatory I need just 80 crystals(If i remember correctly). With +8 you maybe will need just 50crystals. So to get G13 is not as impossible as can be seen. And I'm telling without inserted gem. So it will be even lower.

hh100 is better and is probably cheaper than getting a g13 hh99 magic sword
  • Amy_Nailo - Lost City
    Amy_Nailo - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited January 2010

Where you got these numbers ? I'm looking at reliable infos on Nirvana gear so I can pick the good equip right away.

- Amy
    edited January 2010
    Where you got these numbers ? I'm looking at reliable infos on Nirvana gear so I can pick the good equip right away.

- Amy

This is weird. I went there again but it doesn't work. What I'm stupid or what? b:angry I did it after tideborn came but now it not work. So I have to apologize. Now I don't know if I make same mistake, or they change it. OMG I'm so ashamed. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Dragged my cv bow onto the furnace icon and the requirement was still 100.
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I think ill get the crit 99 sword. Has 1% crit more than the wand. I barely have any channeling so that stat on the wand won't benefit me. I like the hp on the sword too. And its a lot cheaper than the wand.
  • Nigrosity - Heavens Tear
    Nigrosity - Heavens Tear Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Considering that I'd need to make the TT60, 70, 80, and 90 in order to get the souledge for the TT99, in addition to those 2 blazing wings mats being like 6+million, i think i'll go with the lunar weapon.
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    hh100 is better and is probably cheaper than getting a g13 hh99 magic sword

This is so true and its what I would rather do. Why waste an extra 100 crystals when you could just get a hh100 and then only need 150 crystals to get g15?

I really would rather just get hh100 and forget about g15 weapons all together, much rather go for g15 armor since its much easier. Wonder how much twilight sceptors are...
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    This is so true and its what I would rather do. Why waste an extra 100 crystals when you could just get a hh100 and then only need 150 crystals to get g15?

I really would rather just get hh100 and forget about g15 weapons all together, much rather go for g15 armor since its much easier. Wonder how much twilight sceptors are...
    seen some as low as 60mil, i think they went up again tho
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    seen some as low as 60mil, i think they went up again tho

So you can get hh100 for the same price as a cv wand basically. Except for the massive farming you have to do with the weapons. Haiz might be getting hh100 sometime in the future, though I would miss my 245 HP because my HP already kinda sucks.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    So you can get hh100 for the same price as a cv wand basically. Except for the massive farming you have to do with the weapons. Haiz might be getting hh100 sometime in the future, though I would miss my 245 HP because my HP already kinda sucks.

Just in!
    Haiz is getting Sinrabansho!
    Stay Tuned For More Information

This has been Perfect World 6 News
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    Miss_Tika - Lost City Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    1st - and u deal that max dmg like... always? lol
    2nd - same max attack till +9... higher refine = cya poor inferno :)

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=1312da9a10928661

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=8d2ecd95d6bb720e

I beg to differ

If the wand actually hit harder, then sure, is "better". Just because it has a shorter range doesn't realy mean anything. +1 crit and the survivability from the HP from 99 seems more attractive to me at least.

And yeah, HH100 makes CV wand look like a piece of ****.
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=1312da9a10928661

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=8d2ecd95d6bb720e

I beg to differ

If the wand actually hit harder, then sure, is "better". Just because it has a shorter range doesn't realy mean anything. +1 crit and the survivability from the HP from 99 seems more attractive to me at least.

And yeah, HH100 makes CV wand look like a piece of ****.
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=8d2ecd95d6bb720e = average dmg 11962
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=1312da9a10928661 = average dmg 12694

here is ur "differ"... and if 245hp is a lot for you then.. i suggest to invest in hp shards a bit

hh100 way much better?.... check +11 and +12 refine...
    +11 hh100 = average dmg 14128
    +11 neon purgatory = average dmg 13939
    +11 inferno = average dmg 12917b:surrender

+12 hh100 = average dmg 15478
    +12 neon purgatory = average dmg 15514!!!
    +12 inferno = average dmg 14122b:bye

hh100 is only better coz of 2% additonal crit but it's still about 50-60m more expensive than neon purgatory if u consider all previous "hh weapons" which that weapon requires
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    It's called vit, use it. 50 MAG honestly does **** for your damage if you compare it to tanking crit/zerk perditions with ease and lots of other things. Having restatted to both 53 vit and pure MAG builds I can honestly say, with pretty average gear like mine pure MAG builds suck balls.

And heck as a sage wizard you can always resort to kiting and repeatedly dropping ice dragons in PK fights, if it crits your target will generally die anyway. Pure MAG or not.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Jonnykins - Dreamweaver
    Jonnykins - Dreamweaver Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    If your willing to spend so much money to get +12 on a weapon.....

Go the whole hog get the Rank 8 EQ

Just gotta spend 5k and you will kick both those weapons asses
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    If your willing to spend so much money to get +12 on a weapon.....

Go the whole hog get the Rank 8 EQ

Just gotta spend 5k and you will kick both those weapons asses

if u're a CS sure... rank 8 ftw...
    on the other hand rank 8 weapon will be worse than g15 weapon

and.. simple math:
    refine +11 and +12 = cost about 750 gold (if 1* orbs pack = 1,8 gold)

rank 8 weapon = 200k rep = 8000 wraith oficer's badges = 64k perfect tokens (token 15-16k) = 1bilion coins = 2000 gold

hmm i guess +12 hh100 or neon purgatory is kinda cheaper b:chuckle

ah and dont forget u still need to upgrade that rank 8 coz even +10 rank8 weapon is worse than +12 neon purgatory or hh100

well dont get me wrong... i would use hh100 weapon too (2% crit more) but coz of additonal: effort (farming mats for previous weapons) or cost (buying all those mats) i chose neon coz it's cheaper and has great refine bonus

and anni packs are way more popular than any others with Twilight Scepter as a 1 of posible rewards, so its way easier to get neon purgatory than Sinrabansho
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    The biggest problem with HH100 shinrabansho is, that is NOT upgradable in nirvana. I want end game weapon. And end game weapon is weapon upgradable in nirvana. If I consider, that I DON'T loose my refines and gems when transferring to G.15, is a way better to have weapon upgradable in nirvana for future. I heard that in china shop is already pack, where you can get 50 crystals.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    The biggest problem with HH100 shinrabansho is, that is NOT upgradable in nirvana. I want end game weapon. And end game weapon is weapon upgradable in nirvana. If I consider, that I DON'T loose my refines and gems when transferring to G.15, is a way better to have weapon upgradable in nirvana for future. I heard that in china shop is already pack, where you can get 50 crystals.

im pretty sure HH100 is upgradable through nirvana
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]