Whats the best class to start PW ?

stevensteves
stevensteves Posts: 4 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
I got a question I want to start playing this game :) I heard its very good ... but I dont know with what class I should start playing ... I dont know about the expense and everyything but it should be easy to play and not toooo expensive ... I dont know what to play I like blademaster but it looks expensive .... so answers would be nice thanks :D

b:laugh
Post edited by stevensteves on

Comments

• XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    It really depends upon what you want out of the game.

My main is a barb, which are fairly difficult for mobs to kill, but they don't do much damage to the mobs either (at early levels.)

I also play archer and wizzy alts which hit harder at earlier levels but cannot take much damage without dying a great deal.

I tried to play a cleric, but I prefer dealing damage over healing people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    The cheapest maintenance class (low repair bills, rarely needs to use a potion) is venomancer, and this is also the easiest class to solo with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • stevensteves
    edited January 2010
    what about blader ?? what is the best class in your guys opinion ?
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    what about blader ?? what is the best class in your guys opinion ?

The best class to each person is the one that they play and enjoy.

Barb/BM/Assasain --> Melee
    Cleric/Veno/Archer/Psychic/Wizzie --> Range

^ Start from there an read the forum Sticky Guides in each section (although there is only one biased one in the Cleric section tbh)....play 1-3 up to level 30 and then decide.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • stevensteves
    edited January 2010
    wich melee fighter does the highest damage ? on pve ?
  • Neylyana - Lost City
    Neylyana - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ill make short describe of classes:
    blademaster:(melee) physical damage dealer. does a lot of damage but isn't to squishy like other damage dealer classes. you need to pay some repairs but u don't need to pay too many mp pots on bm if u will use the right style of killing. u also don't need to buy too many skills, so it's not too expensive. Bm is really easy to lvl and good for soloing. one of classes u should start with.
    wizard:(magic) the best damage dealer in game. master of elements. it has really low hp, so u wil die often. wizards become better in endgame. about money waste i don't know too much, cuz i don't play it. i think wiz is not good for new players.

barbarian:(melee)a tank. high hp, low damage=slow lvling. its expensive for its repairs. but its wanted in parties. its not good for new players.
    venomancer: (magic) a class that can summon pets. its the best soloing class. it can even solo easier bosses. it has own tank, so u won't die often. the cheapest class to play. its party role is to pull mobs out of others, but they aren't wanted too much. i think that is the best class to start with (only if u more like melee classes.)

archer:(melee, also have some magic attacks) both physical and magic (mostley physical) damage dealer. it has high critical rate. long range. if u are shoting from short range ur damage is halfed. archers aren't too much wanted in parties, becouse they take aggresion with critting. hard to lvl. really good in pvp. don't tuch it for your first class.
    cleric: (magic) healer class. not so bad for soloing, always wanted in parties. have both physical and magic attack. but its the most expensive class. u need to buy a lot of skills mp pots and so on. if u are more party guy u should try cleric, it isn't that hard like somebody will say. but, if ur looking for a cheap class it's not for u.

physics, assasins: new classes fast lvling 1-20, later they become more "normal". i don't know much about them.

so i think u should try venomancer or blademaster.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    venomancer: (magic) a class that can summon pets. its the best soloing class. it can even solo easier bosses. it has own tank, so u won't die often. the cheapest class to play. its party role is to pull mobs out of others, but they aren't wanted too much. i think that is the best class to start with (only if u more like melee classes.)

Venos are not the cheapest class to play. They are not easy to play either, since you are in fact playing 2-3 characters at once, (think of it you playing as the tank and the healer and DD, all at the same time) and you have to be aware of what you are doing as well as what your pet is doing and where they are.

If you want high DPS, venos are not a good choice either. Venos can do ok against alot of the game content solo, however, in general venos sacrifice damage in order to be able to do that.

If you plan on playing alone for most of the time, than playing a veno will make you less dependant on other people, however, there are several things you will still need a party.
    The venos main role is as debuffers, their other roles are as a backup tank for some bosses, and as a lurer.

For pure damage, your options seems to be:
    Archers (ranged), Assassins(melee), Psychics(ranged), Wizzards(wizzards), Clerics (full attack cleric). BMs(melee) give you the most flexibility from the stand point of weapons, since they have 4 different skill trees you can master.

From pure tank ability, nothing beats a barbarian.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • CornHilario - Heavens Tear
    CornHilario - Heavens Tear Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    barbarian:(melee)a tank. high hp, low damage=slow lvling. its expensive for its repairs. but its wanted in parties. its not good for new players.

how dare thee!
    Corn's Pet Peeve #4: People underestimating a barb's damage(a.k.a., most pplb:chuckle) *breaks out the demon beastial onslaught*

○Beastial Onslaught
    Range 12.0meters
    Mana 120.0
    Channel 0.4 seconds
    Cast 1.1 seconds
    Cooldown 8.0 seconds
    Weapon Axe, Poleaxe, Hammer or Polehammer

Requisite Cultivation Aware of the Void
    Launch your solidified courage at all enemies within a 12.0 meter radius,
    inflicting 100% of weapon damage plus 3600.0 to a single target and reducing
    surrounding enemies' evasion by 50% for 8 seconds. Increases your critical
    hit rate for 6 seconds.

Demon version grants 35% increased critical hit rate for 6 seconds.

THIS is what makes a barb a barb. sorta. if u wanna play a barb until level 92. if u wanna pay like 50mil for the skill book. point is...

a SOLID 35%. 5% crit rate becomes 40. instantly. sure, barbs deal less damage per skill. but their attack skills cast SIGNIFICANTLY faster than a bm. so if u want a melee class, make it a barb.

or axe bm, those guys are fun, running around gathering mobs and killing all at once. thats what seperates barb and bm: power and fun.
    One corn to rule them all and in the darkness cream them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MS paint ftw. Disclaimer: my suit is actually gray, not black.

♥: The best f♥♥king censor ever. Always remember to show
    love to eachother on the forum even when you are cussing eachother out.
  • Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver
    Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Be a venomancer. They're easy and fun to play, it takes very little skill. Everything is pretty cheap and good for learning. You're pretty good at PK and PvE. And you can solo things if necessary.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Note: No thats not me... I stole that from the interwebs b:chuckle
    BTW.... YOU ROCK FORSAKENX <3

I like to think of myself as a dog, I can be cute and cuddly but sniff people's butts and get away with it ><>

Warlock recruiting lvl 70+ on the Dreamweaver Server.
    PM an officer for an invite.

b:heartb:flowerb:faint
  • Downloadzfox - Heavens Tear
    Downloadzfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    All classes are fairly expensive im a blademaster can its a great enjoyable class though i have never really got into any others :s
  • Mechico - Heavens Tear
    Mechico - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2010
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ill make short describe of classes:
    archer:(melee, also have some magic attacks) both physical and magic (mostley physical) damage dealer. it has high critical rate. long range. if u are shoting from short range ur damage is halfed. archers aren't too much wanted in parties, becouse they take aggresion with critting. hard to lvl. really good in pvp. don't tuch it for your first class.

A small correction here.
    1.) Archers are primarily ranged physical damage dealers with a few metal element attacks.
    2.) Also I played an archer as my first class and it wasnt too difficult to level at all. In fact currently I almost use no pots while grinding or even in a BH since i barely get hit.
    3.) True they steal aggro but they you can learn to control your damage and prevent it (the good ones usually do it).
    4.) They will always be wanted in parties running high level instances and boss runs since theyre extremely good damage dealers. While wizards rely on high damage pet hit, archers rely on high attack speed and crit which over time ends up dealing more damage than a wizard which is why they steal aggro more often to begin with.
    5.) Theyre extremely cheap to maintain and easy to play. IN fact I would say theyre cheaper than Venomancers.

So give all of them a shot and in the end, play the class you enjoy the most because thats what you'll be good at.
  • stevensteves
    edited January 2010
    woow guys ... this is unbelievable .. my first thread and so many poeple are helping wow .. i really really thank you guys for the help .. but i decided to make a Blademaster :) I love swords and I love melee fighting really bad :) I love to pve.... but is he really such a bad party member ?? are there any builds for BM ?
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    That would be a BM sword or fist.I am not sure about the Sin yet.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • fallou7
    fallou7 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i am a casual player. i can play 20 hours in a week. i need a char that i dont have to spend lots of time on it to have game entertains me. i have read the stickies but i havent decided which class i should start with. Which one of those would you recommend pve wise? can you match them and write their pros and cons?
    Fist Blademaster , Venomancer and Psychic?
    thx for help
    looking forward to helpfull replies.
  • Kalee - Lost City
    Kalee - Lost City Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    well first of all, it depends on how u would like to play each of the characters. U should check out the PWI Wiki site. Here r the links to each of the classes u mentioned giving u a rough idea of each class.

Blademaster : http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Blademaster
    Venomancer : http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Venomancer
    Pychic : http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Psychic

In my opinion, prob try out each class and just see what its like then u can get a bit more serious b:thanks