shikou valorian pet

luckiifeather
luckiifeather Posts: 1 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Venomancer
hiya~-^^-
well theres this mob in the fb59 dungeon called a shikou valorian. it looks exactly like one of those 'standard issue' golems, but im wondering whether theyre any good~?o.o'
theyre in pretty deep so if its not worth the effort then it would save me the trouble of getting together a whole squad just to tame one^^;
(theres only one shikou valorian in the whole dungeon >;P )
ive heard from someone that shikous are almost as good as a herc...i kinda doubt that...alot...>' . '<
still, it wouldnt hurt to check right~? ^____^
Post edited by luckiifeather on

Comments

• Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    There's plenty - there's just only one or two left if you wine it. But why would you wine 59? It's lovely in there!

Anyway. It's got better skills, but not as good stats as a normal golem brought up to the same level. (Before the pedants chime in, yes, it as a slightly higher runspeed, which you'll probably never notice)

Given the new tideborn golem, the shikou is now complete trash, rather than "Well, if you're too lazy to level up your golem, maybe".

If you're using disposable pets, then it's not a bad disposable pet. It's very ill-suited to being a main-pet inside 59 though, which is where you'll be all day every day for the next 20 levels.
  • luckiifeather
    luckiifeather Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    thanks for confirming my suspicious-ness~! (i was feeling alil creative :D)
    so its back to either boring ol golem or the new tideborn~ >:3
    i dont realli have enough space for a disposable pe t ^^;
    thanks again for the info~!!-^O^-
    it saved a lil someone killing themselves umpteen times trying to sprint through 59~ b:laugh
  • rinuruc
    rinuruc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i have a valorian,... i was very very happy with it,... it is somewhat of a cheap option,... if you have been experimenting a bit with pets; and you dont have anything up to your level, and dont feel like going cube to be braindead a whole day,...
    it comes with maxed bash (level five otherwise if you want to learn it to a pet it has to be level 80, and has a tough level two and sandstorm level one if i remember correctly) so if you are a bit short on cash, and you have been leveling up some pets that are nice but you need something a bit stronger,... (i had at that point a magmite that was a lot levels lower, because i did a lot of CS/bh quests, and didnt have much time to grind,... than the valorian is great,... however since the expansion, i would suggest using the glacial walker,... it is better or equal in every aspect than a magmite,...
    but it comes at level 19,... so a few hours of cube room four to level it up,...
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Given the new tideborn golem, the shikou is now complete trash, rather than "Well, if you're too lazy to level up your golem, maybe".

The Shikou's appeal was it's faster land speed which I don't think the Glacial Walker matches. I think the Dark Wanderer would be more of a replacement for the Shikou?
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    the lower u get your pet the better it will become with time
    higher level mobs will just come with higher level skill
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    the lower u get your pet the better it will become with time
    higher level mobs will just come with higher level skill

Speed and range. There are also differences in types within families.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.