Tideborn Customization fixed?

Zackey - Sanctuary
Zackey - Sanctuary Posts: 38 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Support Desk
Well it's about time, but i only noticed this about 15 minutes preceding this post when i saw a guy that actually had a body of one single skin color, OTHER than purple.

Im not sure what patch involved this fix. Before you could only change the color of your face and the rest of your body remains purple (and you look like a circus clown). But anyways, im happy to see this fixed, but im unhappy to see that i cant modify my character anymore and am forced to buy a makeover scroll now. I guess that's life...

But did any free makeovers at the character menu pop up after this fix? I personally think this mishap should have been dealt with before the expansion release
What signature?
Post edited by Zackey - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Adael - Harshlands
    Adael - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    It's not quite fixed. lol

It's something about, uh, some graphic cards freakin' out with TB. *shrugs*

Someone else may be able to give a better explanation.
  • Zackey - Sanctuary
    Zackey - Sanctuary Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I dont think its my graphics, because why would i have been seeing (when raging tide was released) a lot of people with different facial colors and all the same body color? I know i didnt see a ghost when i saw an assassin with the same body color all around.

This must have been fixed, because now i can go to a customization page and the color would adjust the whole body and not just face.

(I doubt a GeForce GTX 260m would be this buggy)
    What signature?
  • Murloc/ - Heavens Tear75
    Murloc/ - Heavens Tear75 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I've seen a few TB characters since the expansion release with face / body colors matching. (Red, Blue, Black, etc) And yet on the same day that I'll see a TB with say a pure red face/body, I'll see one that has the body and face totally different colors. Normally the body will be a custom color, and the face will be the dull purple.

They haven't fixed anything, just some people lucked out I suppose.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Well it's about time, but i only noticed this about 15 minutes preceding this post when i saw a guy that actually had a body of one single skin color, OTHER than purple.

Im not sure what patch involved this fix. Before you could only change the color of your face and the rest of your body remains purple (and you look like a circus clown). But anyways, im happy to see this fixed, but im unhappy to see that i cant modify my character anymore and am forced to buy a makeover scroll now. I guess that's life...

But did any free makeovers at the character menu pop up after this fix? I personally think this mishap should have been dealt with before the expansion release

My TB was created with dark green skin on day one. I haven't changed it at all and have had no problem seeing other TB with unusual skin colorations from day one. I have yet to see a TB with one color face and another color body. The issue is a graphics card/driver issue more than anything else I think.

I have an NVidia 9500 GT (512) card btw.

~Saitada
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Almost everyone i talk to, including myself, sees all Tideborn with the exact same bluish color face, even tho the body changes color. So it doesnt seem at all fixed. Everyone has the exact same shade of blue face when they want it to match their body color.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Almost everyone i talk to, including myself, sees all Tideborn with the exact same bluish color face, even tho the body changes color. So it doesnt seem at all fixed. Everyone has the exact same shade of blue face when they want it to match their body color.

Do you have customizations turned on?

in game> System Settings> UI tab

I have all of the check boxes checked and have no problems seeing character colors for TB.

~S
  • EthikaII - Heavens Tear
    EthikaII - Heavens Tear Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    nope still broken :D i have customizeations on. but still seeing blue faces. Running vista :s so probably crappy card huh?
    Retired Sage.
    Moving to alts till they fix GBA boss ;(
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    nope still broken :D i have customizeations on. but still seeing blue faces. Running vista :s so probably crappy card huh?

I would guess it is more a drivers issue or conflict than anything else. Even a crappy card should render colors correctly (for the most part).

~S
  • EthikaII - Heavens Tear
    EthikaII - Heavens Tear Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I would guess it is more a drivers issue or conflict than anything else. Even a crappy card should render colors correctly (for the most part).

~S

hmm =/i did recently have to get a new driver... last one fried x,x
    Retired Sage.
    Moving to alts till they fix GBA boss ;(
  • Vixey - Raging Tide
    Vixey - Raging Tide Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    It probably has something to do with whatever skin you choose for your TB. For example most of the Veno's look fine but when you choose a fox veno w/ the fluffy tail and try to change skin color only the face part shows it.
    "There are no stupid questions, just stupid people." -Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aww my cat likes you b:chuckle
  • Nerdanel - Lost City
    Nerdanel - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I think it's the setting on your pcs/laptops. I have no problems on mine but when it come to tha lappy mine and my husband's char look off colour and the face colour is different from the body colour.. so maybe u guys wanna play ard with the customization settings.
  • Mank - Lost City
    Mank - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    for those thinking this is a driver issue it is not. the problem lies in the program itself. how the customization screen works is when you adjust your color it adjusts values within your character customization file. in the customization file your face and your body each have there own value "slot" what is supposed to happen is when you adjust your color it is supposed to adjust both your face and body values to be the same. the bug is that it does not. it is the same as the ppl i have seen with 2 different eye colors sometime the program just doesnt "catch" one of the values as it adjusts. of course some of the dif eye color ppl are just hacks but it does sometimes happen legitimately. in my opinion i think this bug is actually a result of them getting ready to release the advanced makeover scroll as i believe this is one of the functions that the AMS gives you along with changing one eye at a time. just speculation but would be cool.
  • Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    Sangodoc - Dreamweaver Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    OK, two things:

1) It's the face that isn't colored properly, not the body. You could have a normal flesh-toned body, but the face would still be light-blue.

2) The problem is with ATI cards and possibly some others, but Nvida cards will display the face color properly.

The bug was mentioned in the original patch notes for Rising Tide, and they haven't mentioned it as a bug fix in later patches. I still see this problem with my ATI card using the latest drivers.
  • Asenath_ - Sanctuary
    Asenath_ - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    It probably has something to do with whatever skin you choose for your TB. For example most of the Veno's look fine but when you choose a fox veno w/ the fluffy tail and try to change skin color only the face part shows it.

This is the explanation I'd go for too. When you choose different presets, I'ven noticed the body "tattoos" are different, as well as the face makeup (this character's original preset had red lips while most of the others didn't). I think the face-colour bug affects all but one or two of the presets. Maybe we can check the tattoo markings of the tide chars with and without the glitch and see if there is a correlation.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Moved to the correct section. Threads posted in the wrong section will be locked or moved.

If you want to make sure that your thread remains open, please post in the right forum section b:victory

Some people have never had this issue, but I have not heard that it has been fixed for everyone.
This discussion has been closed.