Leaving Stealth

solartide
solartide Posts: 49 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Assassin
Shadow escape is awesome. One moment you're thinking, on no, 5 guys spawned right next to me I'm so screwed. The next, you're invisible and running away with no one on your tail.

My problem is, how do you leave stealth? Without entering combat I mean. Because normally when I escape, I need some time to regroup and get everything together before hitting another enemy. I could just wait for my mp to hit 0, but then my mp is at 0. I could also use Shadow walk twice to go into and then out of stealth, but I gotta for the cooldown, and all the while I'm losing mp from stealth.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by solartide on

Comments

• Exkaede - Lost City
    Exkaede - Lost City Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    click shadow walk or shadow escape again if yo udont want to attack. but they should make it so you can click same again before the cd is over and go back to normal.
  • Solartide - Sanctuary
    Solartide - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    The only problem I have with that, which is what I'm doing right now, is that by the time I get out of stealth I already lost several hundred mp while in stealth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rubycc - Heavens Tear
    Rubycc - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i use shadow escape to get away from the enemies, then moments after i can use shadow walk to return from stealth

and a few hundred mp lost is a lot better then death :3

Edited: cuz im a typo master
  • ArkToNE - Harshlands
    ArkToNE - Harshlands Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Well, there's a 50/50% chance you can leave stealth without any aggro if you use knife throw on the nearest monster. But that's at your own risk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sharian - Raging Tide
    Sharian - Raging Tide Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Yes Once you Use Shadow Escape, you better get far from mobs, than use Shadow Walk to disable stealth. The two skills are complementary
  • BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear
    BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i wiped my pt with force shadow -.-, were in the bh39 and fighting these fire thigies that explode....weelllll i got multi aggro and was about to die and out fo reflex(i do it always in such situations) i force stealth and squad memebrs get the aggro, die.....well stupid me for doin such thing. the last thing i saw was "fk" and the cleric and the veno logged out, lol. the only ones were an archer and me and a lvl 38 cleric which we picked up since we hadn't anyone else...kidna fun but well i hae to look out for this since i got sued to stealthing^^. sure is dangerous^^
  • Mizore_P - Sanctuary
    Mizore_P - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i wiped my pt with force shadow -.-, were in the bh39 and fighting these fire thigies that explode....weelllll i got multi aggro and was about to die and out fo reflex(i do it always in such situations) i force stealth and squad memebrs get the aggro, die.....well stupid me for doin such thing. the last thing i saw was "fk" and the cleric and the veno logged out, lol. the only ones were an archer and me and a lvl 38 cleric which we picked up since we hadn't anyone else...kidna fun but well i hae to look out for this since i got sued to stealthing^^. sure is dangerous^^

So if you Shadow Escape while mobs are after you they go to your teammates?
  • Kassiel - Dreamweaver
    Kassiel - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    The main issue with dropping stealth mode is as follows (every budding assassin should know this by heart):

Shadow Walk:
    Channel 0.7 seconds
    Cast 2.8 seconds
    Cooldown 6.0 seconds

Shadow Escape:
    Channel 0.7 seconds
    Cast 2.8 seconds
    Cooldown 90.0 seconds

Dropping stealth mode requires you to either:

a) RE-Enter combat-mode once already in stealth-mode (even while using Shadow Escape)
    • which means you must perform an action that will make your HP bar on the top left side of your screen flash red (e.g. attack an enemy). This works even if your HP bar is still flashing from combat because you used Shadow Escape. An action such as attacking will still drop your stealth-mode state and make you visible again (i.e. you lose the stealth-mode buff).

b) Press the stealth-mode skill once you are in stealth-mode (using either stealth skill again will drop stealth mode)
    • Dropping stealth-mode in this manner will be dependent upon the cooldown values of both stealth skills since the skills are unusable if they are recharging (i.e. you CANNOT drop stealth-mode by pressing Shadow Escape if the skill is recharging, however you CAN use Shadow Escape if the skill is fully recharged (but this will restart the 90.0 second cooldown)).
    • Also, Shadow Walk can only be used OUT OF COMBAT. Therefor, if you have used Shadow Escape to elude foes, you must wait until you are out of combat mode (i.e. the red flashing around your HP has stopped).
    • Most importantly, damaging debuffs such as POISON, BLEED, etc. will extend the duration of combat mode resulting in a delay in the termination of combat mode. As long as you are in combat mode, you will notice that, even if Shadow Walk is fully recharged, you will not be able to drop stealth-mode.

To better understand the dynamics of these skills let us observe a couple of examples:

Situation #1: Running Through the Secret Passage

You enter the Secret Passage with the intention of running through to the Hall of Deception (FB 29) without interruption from its pesky residents. You immediately activate Shadow Walk. You run through without interruption and make it all the way to the entrance and you decide to run into the portal to zone into the FB 29. Once inside, you notice you are still in stealth-mode (because it is an activation-type buff, stealth-mode remains on you even when being transported into an instance) and it is consuming your MP needlessly as you wait for your teammates. You have 3 options:

1) Simply drop stealth-mode by pressing Shadow Walk again (since you are not in combat, and the skill is fully recharged, pressing the skill again will terminate stealth-mode).

2) Because you feel the need to gain 1 Spark (Shadow Escape's secondary function), you use Shadow Escape to drop stealth-mode.

3) You feel the need to shed blood (I mean boredom) and clear the way for your teammates, you enter combat against the mobs inside.

Performing any of the actions above has resulted in the termination of stealth-mode.

Situation #2: Combat Scenario in Gate of Delirium (FB 39)

You've been recklessly slaying mobs left-and-right inside the Gate of Delirium waiting for your frickin' slow teammates who have been saying they are almost there for 20 minutes... Suddenly you accidentally agro a Hadean Cadevil (which possesses a ranged poison debuff) and it manages to cast a poison spell on you. You are in trouble of dying so you decide to force yourself into stealth-mode to elude your foes, so you activate Shadow Escape. Running to a safe distance, you are still taking damage from the poison debuff the enemy cast on you and your MP is also dwindling as a result of maintaining stealth-mode, you figure you need to meditate a little but you cannot meditate while in stealth-mode so obviously the best course of action is to drop stealth-mode. WTF! You can't drop stealth-mode for some reason... after careful consideration you remember reading about this on the PWI forum... Some smart person wrote that you can only drop stealth-mode once you are out of combat! So you decide to stand and wait (hitting a potion now and then because the poison is really starting to hurt you). Combat mode doesn't normally last this long you exclaim impatiently as you squirm anxiously in your chair... then it hits you: you have poison on you and as a result, this has kept you in combat mode for a longer time. After waiting an extended time, the poison finally wears off and combat mode terminates soon after finally allowing you to use Shadow Walk to terminate stealth-mode (you PROBABLY did not use Shadow Escape again because it is still recharging (90.0 second cooldown!)).

Now as a side note to Mizore_P who wrote: "So if you Shadow Escape while mobs are after you they go to your teammates?"

My response is: Only if your teammates have performed an action what would result in building aggression on the enemy (e.g. they have attacked the foe(s) in question. If the assassin enters stealth-mode and loses agro of a foe which you have not built any agro on, the mob will either simpy return to its starting position (prior to being agored) or it will go to a teammate that HAS built some agro on the foe.

PLEASE NOTE THAT HEALING AN ASSASSIN THAT HAS AGRO OF A ENEMY MOB IS CONSIDERED AN AGGRESSIVE ACTION ON SAID MOB AND THUS WILL RESULT IN AGRO IF THE ASSASSIN CHOOSES TO ENTER STEALTH-MODE!!!

As another side note I have noticed many threads where assassins are complaining about the extreme MP consumption of the stealth skills.

My solution is the use of MP regenerative equipment. Use armor and ornaments that add MP recovery and your adventures in stealth mode can be far more lengthy.
  • Solartide - Sanctuary
    Solartide - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    My problem now is that shadow escape claims to "dispel all negative effects"

How is this being defined?

Personally I think poison is a negative effect, but I accidentally took aggro on some spider, and while running away with shadow escape, poison prevented me from leaving stealth.

Then, a few hours later, took aggro on Bloodraged Cadaver, and he chased me halfway to etherblade (I managed to reach the outskirts >.>) before my shadow escape cooled down. Then I noticed that even after casting escape twice, the -earth res debuff wasn't removed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    My problem now is that shadow escape claims to "dispel all negative effects"

Its "claim" is a lie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • SoulSlash - Dreamweaver
    SoulSlash - Dreamweaver Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    yeah shadow walk works well to end it.. however u need to remember that u cant cast shadow walk if your in combat mode. So if u get poisoned and cast shadow escape to get away. the poison damage will keep u in combat mode until the duration ends. therefore preventing you from using shadow walk to leave stealth until combat mode is over
  • Kassiel - Dreamweaver
    Kassiel - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    What you folks have notice regarding the skill description of Shadow Escape is most likely a bug.

Skill Shadow Escape
    Mana 100
    Channel 0.7 seconds
    Cast 2.8 seconds
    Cooldown 90.0 seconds
    Weapon Daggers

Requisite Cultivation Aware of Harmony
    Force yourself into stealth. Dispel all negative status.
    Enemies with an Awareness Level lower than your Stealth Level can not see you.
    Costs 24(-1/lvl) Mana per second.

A successful cast will increase one Spark.

This skill effect does not in fact work in removing negative status.