are archer good at endgame?

andyshark
andyshark Posts: 6 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Archer
hi everybody im archer lvl 40.and i wanna know if archers are good at endgame .i wanna pvp and tw.archer are good pvpers or suck at it
Post edited by andyshark on

Comments

• wnight
    wnight Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Dear Mod plz close this thread due to :
    A. the author too Lazy to look for another 1000 same threads on same page .
    B. Spam thread

b:angry
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    Lenn_ - Sanctuary Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    they do just fine at it, they have a nice balance of kiting, magic, and physical attacks. they attack fast, and crit hard, and make magic classes cry sometimes. their only downfall is lousy defense.
  • Hsuzumiya - Sanctuary
    Hsuzumiya - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Archers have the hardest time endgame. Still good, but we reply on having the best gear more then other classes.
  • AngleSnipe - Heavens Tear
    AngleSnipe - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Lol why worry about things like this when you are in your 4x, every class has its advantages and disadvantages, experience the game like it's supposed to. Just because one of us say archers fail, and another say venomancers are OP doesnt mean you have to take our word for it. Experience it for yourself, self-judgment is often the most important aspect of the game that most people throw away.
  • VILKASS - Sanctuary
    VILKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    but we reply on having the best gear more then other classes.

Rofl I heard almost every other class tell me that.
  • Archers_Soul - Lost City
    Archers_Soul - Lost City Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i hope no one tries to tell the OP that archers are just as good as everyone else. you have to pay rediculous amounts of money to be almost as good as every other class.
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
  • Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Archers are just as good as everyone else, and you don't have to pay ridiculous amounts of money to be almost as good as every other class, contrary to popular opinion.

b:chuckle

edit: As a DD, weapons are much more important than armors. YMMV
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Archers are just as good as everyone else, and you don't have to pay ridiculous amounts of money to be almost as good as every other class, contrary to popular opinion.

b:chuckle

edit: As a DD, weapons are much more important than armors. YMMV

Says the person with:

+10 Lunar Glade Bow
    +6 Heavenrage boots
    1 Lunar Ring
    1 Event Cape
    1 Event Helmet (Grade 14)

I just invite you to say this with stuff available to archers who dont have

$300 to spend on bow refinements,
    $90 to spend on boot refinements,

And whatever sum of money spent to purchase the stuff itself.

By no means are you the top spenders - the rank 8 guys - but I'll tell you that to most of the population, $300 is considered "rediculous."

Most archers are struggling to even purchase their first couple of level 11 skillbooks.

Pots take you only so far. Without the gears, you dont have the ability to kill. So, you end up dead anyways.
  • AngleSnipe - Heavens Tear
    AngleSnipe - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I don't cashshop at all, although it's not the most top notch, I can't say gear is too much of a factor in the game. Too many times have I seen cashshoppers fail at their class, with their fancy + 10 weapons and gear.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Archers are decent endgame IF you can afford at least +10 lunar bow (or equal weapon such as TT100 etc) and armor at least +6+7. Also obv decent refined belt/neck and rings like Lunar or Seal of eternal Solitude. The most crucial lvl 11 skills to of course such as stun arrow, sharptooth, metal skills, bowmastery and quick shoot for demon. We also have to spend 75% of the time in pvp kiting and spamming pvp-pots + genie skills while praying for 3 crits in a row. Than archers can be good endgame.

Just being a skilled gamer only goes so far with archers since we have the lowest defenses of all classes and at the same time we deal kinda average dmg + have 0 skills that does really high dmg.

Obviously all classes need investment in gear + skills endgame, but archers still need a little more due to our 3-5 vit build, LA armor and and lack of high dmg skills. Can just look at a veno, you will molest people 1v1 even if you only have like +5 gear +6 weapon and the 3 first 89 skills.