Citrine Shards = Pure Wizards best choise.

XxArchmagexX - Dreamweaver
XxArchmagexX - Dreamweaver Posts: 165 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Wizard
Imagine a high lvl 100% Pure Wizard with almost as much hp as a BM b:victory.

Still not as much hp as a barb but hitting OVERWHELMINGLY HARD
Post edited by XxArchmagexX - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• SurferGirl - Dreamweaver
    SurferGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    whats the point of having 7k hp if ur getting hit 3ks 4ks by archers/bms better get some p deff shards along side with hp shards
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Except you wouldn't come anywhere even remotely close to a high-HP BM.

Between significantly higher HP per refinement level and 5 more HP per Vit point, they blow both Clerics and Wizards (who share the same statistical output) out of the water. O_O

Also...why would you need the increased HP anyways? In PvE at that level you should be tearing through mobs like they're made of tissue paper, and it's generally believed that one should focus on respectable damage reduction levels before they put excessive padding into HP (unless I'm mistaken...don't PvP/PK myself, and only going by what I read on forums).
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Stone Barrier doubles the effect of every Pdef shard you put in your sockets.

I guess the best option (for pure build) is to shard 50/50 citrines and garnets.
    If LA then all citrines.
    If you put some points into Vit then all or most shards should be garnet.
    Packs World International
  • XxArchmagexX - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Some ppl may think that phys def shards are better for pure wizards but they should remeber that hp shards are usefull to fight both (magic or physical) enemys.

Thats why I prefere hp shards than phys def shards.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    before 95, or even 90, a balance between citrine and garnets is good.

After 95 a wizard should be all citrines.
    The pdef coming from 2 lunar rings, event cape, hat, boots, TT90 pants, TT90 gold sleeves is good enough to give you a good Pdef.
    A properly geared wizard (with event stuff of course) can have easily over 10k pdef and with all citrine shards in excess of 6k HP unbuffed.
    I'm having 9.6k pdef and 9.9k mdef full buffed now, and I'm not even trying to hard, all my refines are at +5, 3 sockets, immac only, and I'm missing 1 lunar ring.
    I can just imagine wizards I've seen with warsong belts and cube necklace and 4 sockets citrine gem and garnet gems on +7 gear what kind of survivability they have. I bet the pdef can go easily in the 13k and HP up to 7k unbuffed. At that point I bet every hit is just a scratch
    I'm absolutely convinced now that because of anni packs the endgame wizards are just broken. Nothing can stand against them. With an easy 24% channel and a minimum of 13% crit rate on a +10 TT99/Rank8 weapon every crit is a RIP for someone.Let's see if the Psy reflect can change that.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    Some ppl may think that phys def shards are better for pure wizards but they should remeber that hp shards are usefull to fight both (magic or physical) enemys.

hm dont worry that thought will pass as u lvl. at 73 u really dont need to worry about p deff just get to 80s 90s u'll want to put p deff trust me u'll hate when melee's 1 hit u and evrey time u aggro a mob he will tick ur charm in 1 hit
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Yeah...you're not gonna last very long 'round 90+ then, kid...specially in things like TW, where you'll have BM's, Archers, hell, maybe even a Barb or two...one-shottin' ya for all of that precious HP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    before 95, or even 90, a balance between citrine and garnets is good.

After 95 a wizard should be all citrines.
    The pdef coming from 2 lunar rings, event cape, hat, boots, TT90 pants, TT90 gold sleeves is good enough to give you a good Pdef.

Why bother posting in this forum anymore? Are we bragging about our gear?

Your setup is nice, very nice. But it's inaccessible to 99.9% of the community, so who is it helping?

I'm not trying to be mean, actually just trying to answer a question for myself: I have several thousand d.orbs in my bank, a hax p.def cape, and some really really nice (but statistically super-rare) oht gears... is my opinion on mage gameplay, particularly equipment dos & don'ts really even valid?

How many wizards will get 9k p.def full buffed w/out having access to ridiculous sums of in-game coins or charging hundreds of gold in the boutique?

b:sadb:surrenderb:bye

Oh yeah, in response to the topic: my p.def defense come from refines on p.def ornaments & gear mods while HP comes from gems & gear refines; I'd suggest that it's the "ideal" way to go, but maybe difficult to achieve reasonable stats.
  • BrownflameZ - Lost City
    BrownflameZ - Lost City Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Endgame HP is the way to go.
    Before endgame, unless you rich.. your gonna get owned no matter what.
    Kite + Snipe is your only freind.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Why bother posting in this forum anymore? Are we bragging about our gear?

Your setup is nice, very nice. But it's inaccessible to 99.9% of the community, so who is it helping?
    well, so is rank8. But in TW or PvP you go against this kind of gear. You have it, you count. You don't have it, you don't count. **** on PWI for anni packs , not on me.
    How many wizards will get 9k p.def full buffed w/out having access to ridiculous sums of in-game coins or charging hundreds of gold in the boutique?
    here, I'm an example. I spent 50$ on the first day anni packs came out. Got 1 super duper token, had to invest another 5 mil to get some cash out of it. Ended up with about 600 tokens. Peanuts.

But then I started to sell jolly food I bought for 300-500 coins from the second jolly event (about 20k of them) for 2.5-3k. I invested all that in tokens. Gave it to a friend that spends more time on line than me and he looked for deals in WC/archos. In the meantime I saved all my coins and invested in tokens. In the end, I ended up with event hat, boots, cape, weapon, ring. Then I saved gold cause I knew a DO sale will come, and I bought enough to +5 them.

True, to do that without sliding a CC you had to be a decently high lvl (mid 80s or 90s) to be able to farm some cash. I didn't even put an effort in it since for a good while I live on dailies only, but ppl that farmed TT for sale and bought tokens to trade for items got even better gear than what i have. Plus, many of them have all sage/demon skills, also from tokens.
    So, I have nothing to brag about. I'm almost at the bottom of the food chain if you look around what others that cash shop have (rank8 @ +10 4 sockets with savant stones or God knows what else).
    Is is possible to do it again now? no, unless anni packs will be back. But sooner or later, those packs will be back, no doubt.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • One_ - Dreamweaver
    One_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I see your point, and i hope they're not back anytime soon just for the fact the it gives such a huge advantage to people who do actually spend money on the game. I have no problem with that at all, i just think it warps out the strength of some players.
  • fiznik
    fiznik Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Well my wizzy is still too young to be any kind of expert on this as yet, but it does seem a mix is the best way to go. Let's face it, what good is 5k p.def if you only have 2k hps, and vice versa :P As was stated before me, our best bet is avoid getting hit at all costs! Nuke and run FTW!
  • Llama - Lost City
    Llama - Lost City Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    whats the point of having 7k hp if ur getting hit 3ks 4ks by archers/bms better get some p deff shards along side with hp shards

I resharded to all G8 citrine when I got my level 11 stone barrier. still have great pdef and 9.4K HP buffed.
    Hey Elayne. Its illegal to harass underage girls. And CQ won the map without you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XxArchmagexX - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    I solve the physical problem by adding pysical deff ornaments (I have both magial and pysical) so I just change them when I consider them to be more helpfull, than way I can get some nice pys deff for TWs, Duels, Pk & TWs or an outstanding mag deff for magic mobs/bosses and wiz duels.b:laugh
    edited January 2010
    I resharded to all G8 citrine when I got my level 11 stone barrier. still have great pdef and 9.4K HP buffed.

u could have 9k hp and another 2k deff
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited January 2010

i get with from bm 3k if he crit + zerk in same time with normal hit, else its around 1,3-1,5 his crit. u get alot def from neck/belt/buffs.
    u could have 9k hp and another 2k deff

i have atm over 2k+(after 96 around 3k unbuffed) def without earth shield or any other buff (this without +4 or higher refined eq)
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    didn't read anything but ops post... endgame pure hp is the way to go
  • Magikrap - Lost City
    Magikrap - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    pure hp pretty much throughout the whole game is they way to go

sharding garnets is just a dumbarse idea that has spread like cancer

unless you have really realy reallly really **** pdef sharding garnets is dumb

with the low hp that wizards have sharding with only citrines provides best bonus to effective hit points (EHP)

srsly grab a calculator if you think otherwise
  • Lyzzern - Lost City
    Lyzzern - Lost City Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Considering that few people shard their Eq. before Lv. 60/70, the best choice for a Wizard is going pure HP Shards, because with decent P. Def ornaments and stone barrier, you get decent P. Def reduction. I.E. I have 50% P. Def reduction at my level with no P. Def shard, full HP on my Eq., with Stone Barrier on. If that's not enough for you, Wizards, reroll to a BM or Barb please. (I have 2.7k HP atm)
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2508297003&dateline=1263853257[/SIGPIC]
    Asoteric Runewolf just pwned you b:victory

(Yet another player who has quit this game :>; See you in Forsaken World)
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    Miss_Tika - Lost City Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    HP!

I still have a few garnet cuz it gives me 2-3% reduction depending on buff o.o;
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Considering that few people shard their Eq. before Lv. 60/70, the best choice for a Wizard is going pure HP Shards, because with decent P. Def ornaments and stone barrier, you get decent P. Def reduction. I.E. I have 50% P. Def reduction at my level with no P. Def shard, full HP on my Eq., with Stone Barrier on. If that's not enough for you, Wizards, reroll to a BM or Barb please. (I have 2.7k HP atm)

garnets in armor, citrines in hat and cape is the way to go. TT90 doesnt have much +pdef on it so if you go all citrines you will be getting one shot by a upper 8x LA wizard's BT. b:chuckle
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    garnets in armor, citrines in hat and cape is the way to go. TT90 doesnt have much +pdef on it so if you go all citrines you will be getting one shot by a upper 8x LA wizard's BT. b:chuckle

i highly doubt that if not a crit with BT b:bye
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited January 2010

Is there some reasons why citrines to hat and cape and why garnets to armor? What happen if I switch it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dvalinn - Lost City
    Dvalinn - Lost City Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    So you have a badass red glow instead of a lame purple one.
  • Magikrap - Lost City
    Magikrap - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited January 2010

have you calculated your EHP if you had all citrines and compared it with a mix of garnets/citrines?
    u get more phsical EHP going all citrines (it seems counter intuitive i kniow)
    trust me ive done calculations
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited January 2010

Nice. I didn't think that way.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pot_Head/ - Lost City3
    Pot_Head/ - Lost City3 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Oh hey I can't get 1shot by a Bm or a barb and I'm balanced
    if u goin to say something smartass about this built well ill be to high to read it anz wayz xD
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    lol, going full HP shards is not "the way to go" at all, unless you have enough money to refine your pdef ornaments to +7ish or higher. Otherwise, 159 pdef unbuffed > 150 hp unbuffed. Because not a lot is going to happen with that HP... but that pdef will jump to an increase of 350 pdef with just sage stone barrier. Fully buffed you're looking at like 200 hp vs 500 pdef. And yes 500 pdef still matters @ 10k pdef fully buffed, considering this is just one piece (3 shards) of equipment.

Keep in mind, Going from 60 to 62% may not be that much of a difference, but going from 80 to 82% lowers the damage you're taking by 10%... when it's already low. HP shards are eventually better, but not until after you refine your ornaments -a lot-. And you'll need good gear (event helmet and lunar rings along with a good cape etc) as well.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    lol, going full HP shards is not "the way to go" at all, unless you have enough money to refine your pdef ornaments to +7ish or higher. Otherwise, 159 pdef unbuffed > 150 hp unbuffed. Because not a lot is going to happen with that HP... but that pdef will jump to an increase of 350 pdef with just sage stone barrier. Fully buffed you're looking at like 200 hp vs 500 pdef. And yes 500 pdef still matters @ 10k pdef fully buffed, considering this is just one piece (3 shards) of equipment.

Keep in mind, Going from 60 to 62% may not be that much of a difference, but going from 80 to 82% lowers the damage you're taking by 10%... when it's already low. HP shards are eventually better, but not until after you refine your ornaments -a lot-. And you'll need good gear (event helmet and lunar rings along with a good cape etc) as well.
    when u got 80% i am not sure everybdoy attack only with pattack and when u got 80% already then maybe a cleric hit nice too with debuff and tempest since for pdef have 3 buff (earth shield/bm buff/cleric buff) until for mdef u dont have too much buff and like few ppl said magic is hurt too, but i think about delta where +5 neck/belt with good cloack helm is nice but still sucks when mobs reduce ur mdef and attack with magic :/

maybe i dont have right but later i feel my magic def a bit low :/
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited January 2010

This is one reason

Also, you dont need much citrines at 90. Most of your gear adds vit/HP and you can refine it for a nice boost to HP.

One of my friends was a 9x wizard, all citrines and had some trouble getting one shot by archers. I told him to add in some garnets. After putting garnets in his armor, he can tank 4 BMs and an archer. He has nearly 5k HP unbuffed 10k pdef full buffed and he doesnt cash shop. I consider that impressive. Going all citrines isnt worth it and yes, i have one shotted all citrine arcanes before, without crit, its not too hard to do.

This is the gear i have for 90
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=a5ae9b2e560aa888
    now if i was to shard all citrines
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=2622394e62896b88
    i wouldnt last very long in TW. Maybe for PvE, but for PvP/TW garnets and citrine mixed, but there are a few exceptions(if you can get the event gear with +pdef and you can get a decent amount of pdef without garnets).

2.5k unbuffed is the magic number
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze