Dragons orb dilemma

Options
Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Wizard
I'm already very pissed off players which killing me(especially in cube boring room), so I decides to invest some real money to gear. It's really time to start refine gear.
So should refine neon purgatory to +7 and heavenrage boot to +5, Or refine heavenrage boots to +7 and purgatory to +5. One option gives me better attack, but second option gives me more HP. I have good p.def for now. ~8K buffed. My HP is 3600 now.
Ty for advices.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Mumintroll - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• wnight
    wnight Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    my 5 cents : Weapon always better to have highest refine as possible. Since :
    1. Crit or no-crit it gives you an edge
    2. Those tiny HP bonuses won't save you unless they are large in numbers and opponent doesn't crit b:chuckle
    b:bye
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    People on HT are gonna kill you in cube no matter what tbh. Early gratz on lv 95, I'd ++ the weapon & hope that I can kill anything before they can kill me. The oht reward... err let's call 'em what they are... the anni-pack **** boots have a nice +HP mod on them already & you'll only get an extra 120(?) HP between +4 & +7.

If you're having HP issues then you're not alone, atm I'm stuck at 4173 HP and am seriously considering restating 50 magic into vit:

50 / 444 magic = 11.2%
    525 / 4173 HP = 12.5%

so I can nerf my damage amplifier by 11% or so, but boost my HP by 13% at the cost of 5 gold... versus charging a ****-load to ++ all your gear (which is already nice refined tbh).

Good luck b:flowerb:bye
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    Options
    People on HT are gonna kill you in cube no matter what tbh. Early gratz on lv 95, I'd ++ the weapon & hope that I can kill anything before they can kill me. The oht reward... err let's call 'em what they are... the anni-pack **** boots have a nice +HP mod on them already & you'll only get an extra 120(?) HP between +4 & +7.

If you're having HP issues then you're not alone, atm I'm stuck at 4173 HP and am seriously considering restating 50 magic into vit:

50 / 444 magic = 11.2%
    525 / 4173 HP = 12.5%

so I can nerf my damage amplifier by 11% or so, but boost my HP by 13% at the cost of 5 gold... versus charging a ****-load to ++ all your gear (which is already nice refined tbh).

Good luck b:flowerb:bye

Ty. So better is refine more weapon. So boots I will fill up with citrine shards(+115) later. And difference between +4 and +7 boots is ~190HP. Calculator is not exact in this G.14 boots.
    And also I'm not 95 yet. I need couple more days. But Thanks.b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I believe there is a room in the cube where you get hit by damage which ignores your armor and defenses and you just have to tank it. If you wanted to cube a lot, and you could afford the citrines, a cheap two socket weapon with citrines could be nice in that room (and so would an alternate set of all out citrine gear if you could afford that much).

?
    wrong.....thread?
    mayhaps?
    the OP be talking about other human players attacking.
    ._.'
    not the cube rooms with the Computer controlled monsters.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I believe there is a room in the cube where you get hit by damage which ignores your armor and defenses and you just have to tank it. If you wanted to cube a lot, and you could afford the citrines, a cheap two socket weapon with citrines could be nice in that room (and so would an alternate set of all out citrine gear if you could afford that much).

Yep this room is called 100s standing room.
    These rooms are not problems. Problems are stupid players, which killing another players in another cube rooms, called boring rooms. These are PK enabled. You have to stay there for 3min or 5min. And If there is some moron higher level than you, he will attack you. This is what **** me off. They don't have but they do it just for fun and your death send you back to room 1(beginning).b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amy_Nailo - Lost City
    Amy_Nailo - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    If you only want to put money in game because of Cube, I'll give you a free tip to survive the bored room.

It's called..... Force log ! Yes it's "cheap", but I don't care. Saved me a lot of time (and dice tickets) when I was stuck in these rooms with a stronger opponent. Force log and wait 10min. If they wait all that time to kill you when you log back, too bad, they wasted their time ^^

- Amy
    edited January 2010
    Options
    If you only want to put money in game because of Cube, I'll give you a free tip to survive the bored room.

It's called..... Force log ! Yes it's "cheap", but I don't care. Saved me a lot of time (and dice tickets) when I was stuck in these rooms with a stronger opponent. Force log and wait 10min. If they wait all that time to kill you when you log back, too bad, they wasted their time ^^

- Amy
    Good advice. Thanks very much. It has just 1 disadvantage. You will lost all buff. But it's good idea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Magical_Orgy - Lost City
    Magical_Orgy - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Definitely + the weapon over the boots.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Definitely + the weapon over the boots.

Ok. Ty all for comments. I'm going with weapon then. I have to do it today, because dragon orbs event is finishing soon. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lyzzern - Lost City
    Lyzzern - Lost City Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Wtf, Carebear PvE people kill in cube? O_O WOW!...
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2508297003&dateline=1263853257[/SIGPIC]
    Asoteric Runewolf just pwned you b:victory

(Yet another player who has quit this game :>; See you in Forsaken World)
  • PrettySammy - Sanctuary
    PrettySammy - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

I have to agree weapon over armor. I don't know what you build is, but im arcane so to get a bit more HP, I took off my crappy arcane hat, switched to a Strength / Vitality tome and used a few magic points to get my str up to 72, with adds, it wasn't hard.

Then I bought a rather nice Lv 7 3 star helmet with -10% requirement, 109 added pdef and HP+80, refined it to plus 5 and jammed 4 flawless citrines in it.

All together it gives me a rather nice 538 extra HP, which is a damn sight more than jamming points from magic into vit.

To offset the magic attack lose I upped my weapon from +4 to +5. Been meaning to anyhow but I haven't really lost anything but gained 500+ HP points.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't need no pdef, cos I got ... BOOM HEADSHOT !
    edited January 2010
    Options

Oo.ya. The is lot of PK rooms. Doesn't matter if you are blue or white name.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]