**** this, I QUIT.

Options
Xanthir - Sanctuary
Xanthir - Sanctuary Posts: 100 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Off-Topic Discussion
This recent patch has outraged me. Go take a look for yourself: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=568951

Notice where they say:

Known Issue:
Chieh the Dancer has been removed in this version. She will return in a later update.

It's all very well to say that she will be back later, but how can we really know that she's going to be back?

The removal of this npc, accidental or otherwise, is absolutely unacceptable and therefore, I quit.
Post edited by Xanthir - Sanctuary on

Comments

• IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    What does that npc even do? I really cannot remember seeing it...
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    Lenn_ - Sanctuary Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    that thread is a bit aged, how could you not have seen it? not that it really matters, you'd quit over something so minor and stupid? that maturity of players drops daily.
  • FranzKafka - Dreamweaver
    FranzKafka - Dreamweaver Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Isn't chieh the dancer the friendship quest lady?I remember several months ago she was missing for a few weeks but they brought it back.Recently i just trade in the crystal and to be honest haven't heard people asking for FQ.
    EDIT:Still i says "It will return in a later update" so don't see the problem.It's not a maybe she'll return she'll return whatever she does.
  • lvl100ea
    lvl100ea Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    How do you accidentaly remove an NPC?

Oh well I'm sure it will be back soon, and to be honest, how often do you REALLY do FQ? I mean sure it was cool for an extra 5% back when we were all level 40 but to be honest to get people for it to do it correctly, all for an extra 0.01% not really that useful.

And people that are level 40 now definately don't need it with the tideborn quests. I got from 40 to 45 in an hour on my alt and now my alt is 62 as has just been leveling off all the quests I've missed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    that thread is a bit aged, how could you not have seen it? not that it really matters, you'd quit over something so minor and stupid? that maturity of players drops daily.

Something that was in the game, that players actually liked; participated in and generally used does matter.

The friendship quest crystals were a pretty rare drop in the game. Getting them and being the holder is like having a free oracle book. When completed you recieved (the holder)15k exp. Thats quite a lot.

There was no feasible reason for them to remove the npc to complete this quest. Except that they might sell more oracles out of the cash shop. They've made another thing in this game useless. I thought it was accidental that it wasn't working. As in they some how messed it up but would be fixing it. I didn't know they took it out completely.

The op is well over lvl 90. I don't think that his rage quit is simply over the dancer lady. Quite honestly I am almost sure its over the way we as players continue to be treated.

Nothing but snowmen for christmas, oops there goes the snowmen. No other event .. ooops sorry we accidentally enabled a christmas tree and santa 2 weeks after christmas. FQ.. oops we toook out the dancer npc for FQ quests.. spammed with some cash shop sales and etc.. I hope you get the point.

It would be different if this was never implemented. But to take out a part of the game that has been viable for a year now just doesn't make sense.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    so...me guess even NPCs need a break every now and then.
    (O.o)'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Downloadzfox - Heavens Tear
    Downloadzfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    PWI obviously made a mistake deal with it im sure youve made a mistake before.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    lvl100ea wrote: »
    How do you accidentaly remove an NPC?

Oh well I'm sure it will be back soon, and to be honest, how often do you REALLY do FQ? I mean sure it was cool for an extra 5% back when we were all level 40 but to be honest to get people for it to do it correctly, all for an extra 0.01% not really that useful.

And people that are level 40 now definately don't need it with the tideborn quests. I got from 40 to 45 in an hour on my alt and now my alt is 62 as has just been leveling off all the quests I've missed.

will be a double post but I had to reply. The FQ was worth 15,000exp and 5k spirit for the crystal holder. 5k exp and 1k spirit if you didn't want to do it with friends. Or 5k and 1k if you did it but you wasn't the crystal holder.

When you get to lvl 90/100 even .1 is a lot of exp.

Edit: for the post above. It doesn't say that they accidentally removed the dancer lady npc. It just says they removed it and will be bringing her back some other time. Since that post was made with the maintenance notes, that tells me it was intentional. Not like maintenance happened, ppl noticed she was missing and oops. They intentionally took her out.
  • Sheeeba - Dreamweaver
    Sheeeba - Dreamweaver Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Personally, i can live without the FQ spam in West District...permanantly. I hope they never bring it back. b:irritated
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

::venos kick tail::

Sheeeba: 8x Venomancer, Hate2Love
    ClericNico: 7x Cleric(Mainly Support), Hate2Love Executor
    _Poe_: 6x Barbarian, Einherjar

"You don't know me, son, so let me explain this to you once. If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    15k isnt even worth the time, nor even the effort to make a BFD over it. you act as if it was a travesty or huge injustice upon the players. be glad they even acknowledged the players wants for snowmen to begin with, i mean with the push for the new content, itd be hell of a hard time to stack a full fledged xmas event on top of it.

i dont know, this forum seems to act like its an abused child infront of a judge, and that every little thing done to it is a crime against humanity, good or bad... people whining over 2x drops was how low this 'community' has gotten.

go cry elsewhere.
  • Xanthir - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    This isn't about FQ, I couldn't care less about FQ. This is about Chieh the Dancer, and her unjust removal from the game, even if it is temporary.

To my faction and all my friends, I thank you for all the wonderful times that we've had, and I lament that I will never see many of you again, in game at least.
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    This isn't about FQ, I couldn't care less about FQ. This is about Chieh the Dancer, and her unjust removal from the game, even if it is temporary.

To my faction and all my friends, I thank you for all the wonderful times that we've had, and I lament that I will never see many of you again, in game at least.
    obvious troll is obvious.
  • Xanthir - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Call me what you want Lenn, if it makes yourself feel any better, I have no quarrel with you. I'm not here to call other people names or demean them in any way, I will have no part in it.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Xan did the dancer lady serve another purpose other than FQ that we are unaware of?
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Xan did the dancer lady serve another purpose other than FQ that we are unaware of?
    giving him lap dances in between 'grind sessions' rofl. why else would he be upset?
  • Belligero - Sanctuary
    Belligero - Sanctuary Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I can see why you might be angry, but it's a little bit ridiculous to overreact like this, don't you think?

All the work that's been put into your character? x.x
    Belligero
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

I believe it had to do with the dancer's union and some new labor agreement they are trying to negotiate. Last I heard Chieh demanded to be removed from the game until their new labor contract is in place. I believe the hold up was the dancers wanted more vacation time, according to my sources, Chieh had not had a day off in over a year!!!!!!!
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Ixiel - Sanctuary
    Ixiel - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    They didn't remove her, she got swine flu and had to go on paid vacation.
    A B and C, abandoned but controlled.
    M can't you see? Half of me was sold.
    X Y and Z, Xerox your zombies then
    there's nothing here but
    Life 1 0 1.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Something that was in the game, that players actually liked; participated in and generally used does matter.

The friendship quest crystals were a pretty rare drop in the game. Getting them and being the holder is like having a free oracle book. When completed you recieved (the holder)15k exp. Thats quite a lot.

There was no feasible reason for them to remove the npc to complete this quest. Except that they might sell more oracles out of the cash shop. They've made another thing in this game useless. I thought it was accidental that it wasn't working. As in they some how messed it up but would be fixing it. I didn't know they took it out completely.

The op is well over lvl 90. I don't think that his rage quit is simply over the dancer lady. Quite honestly I am almost sure its over the way we as players continue to be treated.

Nothing but snowmen for christmas, oops there goes the snowmen. No other event .. ooops sorry we accidentally enabled a christmas tree and santa 2 weeks after christmas. FQ.. oops we toook out the dancer npc for FQ quests.. spammed with some cash shop sales and etc.. I hope you get the point.

It would be different if this was never implemented. But to take out a part of the game that has been viable for a year now just doesn't make sense.

QFT on an actual sensible and logical comment.

Also, completing a large number of FQ properly allowed you to get rare pieces of gear, even if only for collective or bragging purposes, randomly scrapping the entire thing for no reason is pushing it a bit.
    Call me what you want Lenn, if it makes yourself feel any better, I have no quarrel with you. I'm not here to call other people names or demean them in any way, I will have no part in it.

Just like to say, major respect for your maturity on that. Lenn, you should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself tbh. :/
    edited January 2010
    Options
    C'mon you guys quit trolling the O.P.

I'd like a response from him if you don't mind. If there was another function of her other than the friendship quest it would be nice to know just for general information.
  • Belligero - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I think Chieh the Dancer was one of the more detailed and prettier NPCs in the game. Like, for reals.

Hehehe. But seriously, the other NPCs look like ****. Besides the new ones from the Tideborn expansion, of course.
    Belligero
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    hey I'm the second person to post in this thread thats from a PvP server. b:victory
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Belligero - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    hey I'm the second person to post in this thread thats from a PvP server. b:victory

Bravo....

Bravo.
    Belligero
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options

Also, completing a large number of FQ properly allowed you to get rare pieces of gear, even if only for collective or bragging purposes, randomly scrapping the entire thing for no reason is pushing it a bit.

Just like to say, major respect for your maturity on that. Lenn, you should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself tbh. :/
    it sounds like an obvious ruse, he just wants attention. no one would SERIOUSLY quit over an NPC nobody even used...
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/npc/22985

apparently..
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
    edited January 2010
    Options

So she did have another function? Rare pieces of gear? I never knew that and I"ve done a lot of FQ's.

I don't get it either why they did this :( It just doesn't make sense. Even if they were revamping the friendship quest to be better, or making it to where you could do the flawed pendant thing there was still no reason to remove her.
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    So she did have another function? Rare pieces of gear? I never knew that and I"ve done a lot of FQ's.

I don't get it either why they did this :( It just doesn't make sense. Even if they were revamping the friendship quest to be better, or making it to where you could do the flawed pendant thing there was still no reason to remove her.
    note it was under the 'known bugs' section, she couldve had a bug. she has had them in the past.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    it sounds like an obvious ruse, he just wants attention. no one would SERIOUSLY quit over an NPC nobody even used...

I used her almost every day. The extra experience was nice. I still have 7 Friendship Crystals in my bank on this character to use.

So don't say no one used it. I had several people in my faction who used it as well. Maybe YOU didn't use it.

And "seriously" someone might quit over an "npc" if that were the straw that broke the camels back. So to speak. People in general are often getting very tired of this kind of stuff.
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I used her almost every day. The extra experience was nice. I still have 7 Friendship Crystals in my bank on this character to use.

So don't say no one used it. I had several people in my faction who used it as well. Maybe YOU didn't use it.

And "seriously" someone might quit over an "npc" if that were the straw that broke the camels back. So to speak. People in general are often getting very tired of this kind of stuff.
    theyve removed her before for a few weeks to fix a bug, isnt that a GOOD thing? yet this forum enjoys complaining about good things... like the mentioning of 2x exp made people complain, or the facebook event gets people calling it a scam...

you're being a bit ridiculous if youre seriously being a vocal proponent in this guys obvious trolling of a thread. there is no 'injustices' here, only players over reacting to something getting fixed.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    theyve removed her before for a few weeks to fix a bug, isnt that a GOOD thing? yet this forum enjoys complaining about good things... like the mentioning of 2x exp made people complain, or the facebook event gets people calling it a scam...

you're being a bit ridiculous if youre seriously being a vocal proponent in this guys obvious trolling of a thread. there is no 'injustices' here, only players over reacting to something getting fixed.

In what he quoted, I see no where that it says there was any bug; nor that they are fixing anything. Just says that she has been removed and will return at a later date. Again, no explanation was given. If they removed her to "fix" something then here is a thought:::"We've removed the dancer lady due to an unforseen bug, not sure when we can get her back in but rest assured folks it will be as soon as possible" THIS is called customer service. Letting your customers know what is going on and what to expect.

Anytime anyone feels an injustice is done other people complain. Would I quit over it? NO.. of course not. Am I a bit miffed that they took her out with no explanation as to why, yes. Am I upset I can't use my crystals.. yes. Would I hve made a thread about it? No...to me it was a vital important part of the game though. But someone else made the thread, it was here so I put in my 2 cents worth. I'd like to also mention I did this without making light of how anyone else felt or calling anyone else names or demeaning another person in any way.

Again, show me proof that them fixing it is the reason it was taken out.

Edit: the facebook thing has never been called a scam. A sham maybe as you know for each fan that they get is more money in their pocket. They are getting a kick back from facebook for it. But I've not seen anyone accuse this of being any scam.
This discussion has been closed.