Archer weapons~

Options
Airyll - Dreamweaver
Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Archer
~got ***** by sin's daggers.

Well, okay, okay, maybe not quite, but... have you seen the dex the assassin's weapons give them? The FC daggers - if you are lucky enough to ever see them - can give 38 dex to their sin. (Two +19 dex stats) That is more than twice the amount of dex my FC bow gives me.

I dunno about you other archers but I feel rather cheated. I would kill to have a bow give me that much dex. >.>

Actually, I saw a sin using some gold 80 daggers earlier. They gave her more dex than my bow did and 1% crit. (Okay, so I know 1% crit isn't too amazing, but every increase counts when your LA sucks in comparison to the other types of armor in the game unless you refine it out the **** and buy enough savant/primeval stones to feed an army.)

I demand retribution!

Anyway, that aside, I'm just curious to know if I should attempt to invest in any further TT weapons, or if I should just attempt to refine the FC bow to +12 and invest in 2000 socket stones to put another garnet gem in it. Was considering looking at a TT x-bow perhaps, but then again, there's Windcatcher... (or maybe it isn't Windcatcher, I can't remember the name of that legendary 8x x-bow for the life of me right now.)
Opinions FTW. =3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Airyll - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    As far as I'm concerned, they can have that +38 dex. I'll just stand back here where it's nice and safe, while they go running up to the various big nasties and get pummeled by AoEs.

If I ever see a zerk/sacrificial strike dagger though...
  • AngleSnipe - Heavens Tear
    AngleSnipe - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    You have to remember, daggers are still fist weapons, fast but deal little damage. Bows and crossbows on the other hand, greatly out DPH the assassin's weapons.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    dagger damage are based on dex. so no they wouldn't deal little damage in the long run. the faster attack speed means it would be possible to accumulate sparks faster. obviously not meant to be used by archers in PvP, but could be fun at a boss fight.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • FitHitDShan - Sanctuary
    FitHitDShan - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I don't understand how being based on DEX or being basically fists would have anything to do with the level of damage the weapon class typically generates. Does anybody know how a comparable weapon stacks up in expected DPH or DPS? Not that I'd put it past PW to stack things this much in favor of the new classes, but I also would not put it past them to make the new class have an extra premium for the higher cost versions of their weapons (i.e., typical daggers do weak damage, but the extra DEX and crits make the high-end versions comparable to other classes).

I guess what I'm saying is that this topic needs less QQ more dq.
    "?" IS my avatar.
  • BrianFields - Heavens Tear
    BrianFields - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ~

I demand retribution!

Anyway, that aside, I'm just curious to know if I should attempt to invest in any further TT weapons, or if I should just attempt to refine the FC bow to +12 and invest in 2000 socket stones to put another garnet gem in it. Was considering looking at a TT x-bow perhaps, but then again, there's Windcatcher... (or maybe it isn't Windcatcher, I can't remember the name of that legendary 8x x-bow for the life of me right now.)
    Opinions FTW. =3

Wow a great idea to refine your FC bow to +12 seems u had decided to stay lvl 85 to 90, well its a rubbish idea according to me, be lvl 95 and get a Lunar bow and make it +12 it will do wonders for u. b:surrender
  • AngleSnipe - Heavens Tear
    AngleSnipe - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Btw, windcatcher < blinding radiance
  • Admante - Dreamweaver
    Admante - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    And BR < Broad Land, even more so if you make it +12.
    It seems assassin legendary weapons almost always have massive stat boost or some useful effect. Compared to other classes' weapons on the whole, it does seem very unfair. Perhaps it's to make up for the lack of weapon choice, TT weapons especially.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    well if you look at some of the better weapons for other classes,

BR is crit, dex and +damage. every one of those is welcome

daggers gives a lot of +dex, but honestly i think something that gives +damage may be just as good a substitute.

then again you get not so great ones..like the weapons that give evasion or +1 range
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty