Stats

Zellars - Lost City
Zellars - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Assassin
Okso I've been looking at the skills I have so far, and all of them say "deals base phsyical dmg + ###"... So far I've been doing 1 str 4 dex per level, but I'm starting to think that is not the correct way to build, as the skills are all base phys attack + a number. You get your phys attack from str, not from dex, right? I'm thinking about making a sin and getting it to level 16 doing it 4 str 1 dex per level, and see how it does. It could still wear light armor but the base phys attack would be much higher, so rather the damage would be much higher...right? I just see every sin in light armor doing 1 str 4 dex per level but the skills all says base physical damage + number, so it only makes sense to have more strength then dex. By adding all that dex we're basically adding crit % rating to our damage, but don't we have a buff for crit? Thoughts, please no flames or trolls. I'd like an honest answer.
Post edited by Zellars - Lost City on

Comments

• Lusca - Sanctuary
    Lusca - Sanctuary Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Dex. increases your ranged damage and dagger physical attack, accuracy, evasion, physical and magically critical hit rates.

that is what it says if you move your mouse over the dex stat in your stat window

daggers get there physical attack from dex, 4 str 1 dex would just fail and even thou you could wear light armor you can't use your level daggers
  • Zellars - Lost City
    Zellars - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Dex. increases your ranged damage and dagger physical attack, accuracy, evasion, physical and magically critical hit rates.

that is what it says if you move your mouse over the dex stat in your stat window

daggers get there physical attack from dex, 4 str 1 dex would just fail and even thou you could wear light armor you can't use your level daggers

b:shocked Haha, that clears it up. Thanks.

/thread
  • Vorhes - Dreamweaver
    Vorhes - Dreamweaver Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    im sure some where when you check your character stats (when you scroll your mouse over str where you add your attribute points) that adding str does NOT effect your daggers damage.....but i could be wrong
  • Vorhes - Dreamweaver
    Vorhes - Dreamweaver Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    oops someone already cleared that up b:surrender
  • Nagamorph - Harshlands
    Nagamorph - Harshlands Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Okso I've been looking at the skills I have so far, and all of them say "deals base phsyical dmg + ###"... So far I've been doing 1 str 4 dex per level, but I'm starting to think that is not the correct way to build, as the skills are all base phys attack + a number. You get your phys attack from str, not from dex, right? I'm thinking about making a sin and getting it to level 16 doing it 4 str 1 dex per level, and see how it does. It could still wear light armor but the base phys attack would be much higher, so rather the damage would be much higher...right? I just see every sin in light armor doing 1 str 4 dex per level but the skills all says base physical damage + number, so it only makes sense to have more strength then dex. By adding all that dex we're basically adding crit % rating to our damage, but don't we have a buff for crit? Thoughts, please no flames or trolls. I'd like an honest answer.

I know is closed :P but its just that u need 3dex and 1str every lvl to wear ur lvl armor and daggers so idk how 4str and 1dex would be b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    I know is closed :P but its just that u need 3dex and 1str every lvl to wear ur lvl armor and daggers so idk how 4str and 1dex would be b:laugh

oh look, i already said that
  • Nagamorph - Harshlands
    edited January 2010

You never said "your lvl" for the armor >.> 4str 1dex would be wearing HA b:beatup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    You never said "your lvl" for the armor >.> 4str 1dex would be wearing HA b:beatup

well only an idiot wears armor not meant for his level
  • Nagamorph - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    well only an idiot wears armor not meant for his level

Cant ppl try their own builds?b:scorn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Cant ppl try their own builds?b:scorn

no >=[

/10char
  • Nagamorph - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    no >=[

/10char

lol then HA venos came from the space and they r aliens that live with us?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Super_Trout - Dreamweaver
    Super_Trout - Dreamweaver Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    lol then HA venos came from the space and they r aliens that live with us?

They don't live with us, they live in holes.

But yes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]