Noobish question, tailor skill

ohlawd
ohlawd Posts: 16 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
I am a level 53 veno, and I have lvl 1 tailor skill. I wan't to get to lvl 3 tailor skill so I can manufacture stuff. I talked to the elder of city of the lost, but it says that my proficiency level is too low. idk what that means, and what do I have to do?
Post edited by ohlawd on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Have you made Ten lvl 1 Tailor items?

You have to make so many lvl 1 items to Learn level 2 and so on....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    When you pres 'R' you have all your skills listed, drag your mouse over and see what level and how much till next lv you need.
    And be prepared to spend either allot of time or money on manufacturing skills.
    b:dirty
  • Valdryn - Dreamweaver
    Valdryn - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    As the above posters stated...you have to manufacture items of the level of skill you are currently at to increase your tailoring skill. At level 1, you should be producing level 1 items.

Note: these items are available at the beginning towns. (etherblade for humns, plume for elves, city of lost for untamed, raging tide for tideborn). the reason it says you can't manufacture items in arch is b/c the items they allow you to make are at least level 3.

I hope that helps! b:victory

edit: sorry...you should be producing items one level above your current skill level!
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    To get level 2: manufacture 10 level 2 items.
    To get level 3: manufacture 10 level 3 or 4 items.
    To get level 4: manufacture 10 level 5 or 6 items, and complete a quest requiring 3 specific 2 star level 6 items.
    To get level 5: manufacture 15 level 7 or 8 items.
    To get level 6: manufacture 15 level 9 items, and complete a set of quests requiring 5 specific 2 star items, mostly level 9. (There's one level 7 cape that slipped in somehow for tailoring.)

Haven't gotten beyond preparing for the level 6 quests, so I don't know about after that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga