pk, items dropped.

Options
tyler3333
tyler3333 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2010 in General Discussion
Hi,

Over the last few days i have been seeing alot of World Chats saying yea blah blah blah. People who have 25+ infamy and not dropping things. This makes since if they are useing cash shop protection scrolls! But people are claiming by leaving your saftly lock on your items will not drop in pk. Is this true? I don't think so but so many people are saying its true. I know from when i was a lv 89 Bm on sanc i wouldnt pk without naked babies.

thanks
Post edited by tyler3333 on

Comments

• OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I don't believe this is true, and if it is; very likely could be bannable as they are using a glitch to enhance their enjoyment of the game. Safety lock is intended to keep your stuff protected etc.. not as a means to keep you from dropping stuff in pk mode. If it was that easy, why be in Pk mode to begin with. Thats like having duels.

Pve FTW :) lol
  • avenged911221
    avenged911221 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Poster above is an idiot, its not banable, nor a glitch, and yes you cannot drop items while red when safety is on. Ive had 200 hours of red, been killed numerous times with safety lock on, and have not dropped once.
  • Magikrap - Lost City
    Magikrap - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Poster above is an idiot, its not banable, nor a glitch, and yes you cannot drop items while red when safety is on. Ive had 200 hours of red, been killed numerous times with safety lock on, and have not dropped once.

+1

carebears

never listen them anything pvp

~Saitadaa
    disclaimer: i am in not anyway related/associated with "Saitada"
    edited January 2010
    Options
    +1

carebears

~Saitada

It amazes me how some people can not have an adult conversation without stooping to the level of what children do. Name calling is not necessary to get your point across. FYI to both of you I said I "think" meaning I don't know for sure but this is MY take on the whole thing.

No need for the flaming/trolling. It is unnecessary and a waste of good forum space.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

You know, there are other ways to say someone is wrong then just calling him an idiot
    +1

carebears

~Saitada

You could learn a thing or 2 from us carebears b:cute << see i am bear and i care
    b:dirty
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Here's how it works:
    http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Dying

If safety lock is on then you should NOT be able to lose ANY item, no matter what.

But it WILL shatter, so that there's some penalty.
  • Devil_Vergil - Lost City
    Devil_Vergil - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    yes this is VERY true and NOT a glitch lol....sately lock on means u cannot drop (do u ever read when u click sumthin) BUT ur stuff can SHATTER that way....but again SAFETY LOCK ON means that u CANT drop anything...wether it be on your own or if u get PKed

EDIT:damn u Vitenka..completly ninjad me
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    +1

carebears

~Saitada

You are not me, nor any of my characters. Cease and Desist using my sign off as your own. Also, reported for imitating or trying to pass yourself off as another players character which is a violation of the forum rules.

Have a nice day. Cupcake.

~Saitada

P.S.

3. Impersonate any person including, but not limited to, representatives and staff of PWE .

~Saitada
  • /NiKi - Lost City
    /NiKi - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    yeah shatter is easy to fix tho,depends what u shatter and drop..
    could be mirages or some chi stones,but before u change ur safety lock keep in mind that
    u cant do alot of things with lock on..
    like trading,using auction house,combine shards for daily etc. (it writes all info when u open safety lock in game)
    and it takes 3 full days to switch it back to 1min..
    or w/e time u set up,if u try change time again before those 3 days pass,u will just reset timer and have to wait again for 72hrs b:surrender
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    You are not me, nor any of my characters. Cease and Desist using my sign off as your own. Also, reported for imitating or trying to pass yourself off as another players character which is a violation of the forum rules.

~Saitada

3. Impersonate any person including, but not limited to, representatives and staff of PWE .

~Saitada

I was wondering if not using capitalization and proper grammar was you trying to make a point b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • lvl100ea
    lvl100ea Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

~Saitada

~Saitada
    pwnt

10chars
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I would advise you Saitada just to stop. You reported him/her, no more need to keep it up cause instead of him/her you could end up in trouble.
    b:dirty
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I was wondering if not using capitalization and proper grammar was you trying to make a point b:chuckle

Nope. My posting characters are Saitada, Shoshoni, Saishoni, DorkFish, and Lucifruge. Shoshoni and Saishoni are nothing more than a mats bank and I rarely post on the forums with them. Lucifruge is my cleric and isn't much more than a placeholder for the name as I use that name in most MMO's I play. DorkFish and Saitada are the two characters I post with primarily (the others only occasionally)

My other characters on this account are being Bio-Massed to make room for new toons, and my characters on my other accounts are simply mats holders or catshops and never post.
    I would advise you Saitada just to stop. You reported him/her, no more need to keep it up cause instead of him/her you could end up in trouble.

Possibly. But I don't want anyone thinking for one second that Magikrap is me... and their using my signature sign-off intimates to people who don't know that that character is NOT played by me, that they are me. I have no problem with them personally. Just their use of my sign-off style and name.

~Saitada
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'm sure spoons will see it once he comes on and will most likely do something about it
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'm sure spoons will see it once he comes on and will most likely do something about it

Well.. if they stop doing it, then I will be happy with that and no ban is needed. If on the other hand they continue to do it (regardless of the variations of spelling they are using) then I do hope the Ban Hammer falls their way.

~Saitada
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Options
    personally I'd just send some post links to spoons in a pm and let him sort it from there
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    personally I'd just send some post links to spoons in a pm and let him sort it from there

I already have.

~Saitada
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Options
    the please let it rest. any more of those actions will just prove your case more, there's no need to drag it out on the forums
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    the please let it rest. any more of those actions will just prove your case more, there's no need to drag it out on the forums

I already have XD.

Btw.. I love the name. Your explanation in another thread 'Side Track' is pretty cool.

~Saitada
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Options
    thank you. I thought it up the moment I heard "psychic" lol mess with someone head would be awesome, too bad we didn't get a skill like that b:angry regardless it's still awesome
  • The_Forgoten - Lost City
    The_Forgoten - Lost City Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    It amazes me how some people can not have an adult conversation without stooping to the level of what children do. Name calling is not necessary to get your point across. FYI to both of you I said I "think" meaning I don't know for sure but this is MY take on the whole thing.

No need for the flaming/trolling. It is unnecessary and a waste of good forum space.

Learn to read plz. None of the posts you quoted used the words: "I think" in them. Confirming this:
    Poster above is an idiot
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I don't believe this is true, and if it is; very likely could be bannable as they are using a glitch to enhance their enjoyment of the game. Safety lock is intended to keep your stuff protected etc.. not as a means to keep you from dropping stuff in pk mode. If it was that easy, why be in Pk mode to begin with. Thats like having duels.

Pve FTW :) lol

First time I've ever had to quote myself to prove a point.

Does it say there, that I know for sure this is true and it is BANNABLE!?

the words "and if it is" and "very likely" means I have doubt in the fact that it is and that it isn't. I am not sure.. but just guessing.

For real, why do some people have to pick apart everything someone says. By the way I have never used safety lock, being a PVE "carebear" as you put it, I don't have a need myself.

But my question still remains, why would you use safety lock in pk mode or on a pvp server. Might as well roll Pve cause that is not PvP.
  • Ixiel - Sanctuary
    Ixiel - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Poster above is a tangerine-coloured aardvark with 12 legs.

Also Magikrap, where do I sign up for the Saitada fanclub?
    A B and C, abandoned but controlled.
    M can't you see? Half of me was sold.
    X Y and Z, Xerox your zombies then
    there's nothing here but
    Life 1 0 1.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    If you click on your little padlock button in game, you would realise what it did.

Yes, safety lock stops you from dropping items completely. This means you cannot drop them in PK mode no matter how red your name is, and it also means you cannot drop items willingly either. So no FBs, RBs or TTs for you if you set up your safety lock so you can PK.

To the person who thinks using safety lock as a means to not drop in PK being bannable: you are mistaken. The offence isn't one that you can be banned for at all - why do you think one of our GMs has his signiture reminding you about safety lock accidents?

-edit-

I use safety lock because not everybody in PK mode will give you back what you drop, just to answer your question. I don't feel like taking the risk of dropping my gold FC Broadland bow that is refined to +5 and has a garnet gem in it, I don't feel like dropping my Brilliant Plumes, I don't feel like dropping my other expensive equipment.
    As much of a game as it is, I invested a lot of money into these items and I do not wish to lose them - potentially permanently. Perhaps YOU think the point of PK is the whole "taking the risk" business, but I only PK to have fun, not drop all of my gear and then find myself unable to get it back and unable to play the game because I'm suddenly naked of gear. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FranzKafka - Dreamweaver
    FranzKafka - Dreamweaver Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Is this all about the shatter thing?You use safety lock to don't drop them but you have to repair them with chi/mirages?Don't see what/where is the problem.
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    If you click on your little padlock button in game, you would realise what it did.

Yes, safety lock stops you from dropping items completely. This means you cannot drop them in PK mode no matter how red your name is, and it also means you cannot drop items willingly either. So no FBs, RBs or TTs for you if you set up your safety lock so you can PK.

To the person who thinks using safety lock as a means to not drop in PK being bannable: you are mistaken. The offence isn't one that you can be banned for at all - why do you think one of our GMs has his signiture reminding you about safety lock accidents?

-edit-

I use safety lock because not everybody in PK mode will give you back what you drop, just to answer your question. I don't feel like taking the risk of dropping my gold FC Broadland bow that is refined to +5 and has a garnet gem in it, I don't feel like dropping my Brilliant Plumes, I don't feel like dropping my other expensive equipment.
    As much of a game as it is, I invested a lot of money into these items and I do not wish to lose them - potentially permanently. Perhaps YOU think the point of PK is the whole "taking the risk" business, but I only PK to have fun, not drop all of my gear and then find myself unable to get it back and unable to play the game because I'm suddenly naked of gear. =)

I would understand if you are white and are only attacking flagged people (people who are pink or red) but if you are just going around trying to get your red hours up, then you should use dolls or bind your gear. When you are attacking flagged people, yeah that's having fun with pvp, and then you wont drop equipped items they you might not wont to lose. I've had a fun pk period on this game by only attacking flagged people. And if I accidentally turned red, then I would sit in safe for 2 hours until it wore off, and I would clean around the house or something. I don't think the point of pk is to taking the risk, its about being smart when you become red. If you have things in your inventory that you dont want to drop, ask a friend to hold them or put them in your bank or mail them to an alt or something.

Maybe I can see the use of using safety lock when you're impatient and want to do things out of safe zone or you don't have enough time to play, but if you didn't have time to play the game, you wouldn't have invested into the game. And if you're impatient, like if your guild has a big pk war and you accidentally turn red and want to wait, it's not like thats the last pk war thats happening on your server ever. People just need to be way slower paced on this game and not act like everything is the last thing that's going to happen on this game. There will always be another pk war/BH run/hh run/Frost run, w/e.

Last thing, with safety lock, the devs or somebody, might as well take dolls and binding stones out of the cash shop, because you can get it for free with this feature. Well, maybe not dolls since people do use them to not lose exp but yeah..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I would understand if you are white and are only attacking flagged people (people who are pink or red) but if you are just going around trying to get your red hours up, then you should use dolls or bind your gear. When you are attacking flagged people, yeah that's having fun with pvp, and then you wont drop equipped items they you might not wont to lose. I've had a fun pk period on this game by only attacking flagged people. And if I accidentally turned red, then I would sit in safe for 2 hours until it wore off, and I would clean around the house or something. I don't think the point of pk is to taking the risk, its about being smart when you become red. If you have things in your inventory that you dont want to drop, ask a friend to hold them or put them in your bank or mail them to an alt or something.

Maybe I can see the use of using safety lock when you're impatient and want to do things out of safe zone or you don't have enough time to play, but if you didn't have time to play the game, you wouldn't have invested into the game. And if you're impatient, like if your guild has a big pk war and you accidentally turn red and want to wait, it's not like thats the last pk war thats happening on your server ever. People just need to be way slower paced on this game and not act like everything is the last thing that's going to happen on this game. There will always be another pk war/BH run/hh run/Frost run, w/e.

Last thing, with safety lock, the devs or somebody, might as well take dolls and binding stones out of the cash shop, because you can get it for free with this feature. Well, maybe not dolls since people do use them to not lose exp but yeah..

So basically... the tl;dr version of that is if you PK to kill pink or red names, you can use SL, otherwise you should have to pay?

Poor argument. Really, that's completely based on your opinion of fun. You think that attacking flagged people is fun PK.
    I don't care if I have a red name or not, I just PK for fun. I will kill somebody if I can, I'll 1v1 people regardless of it I'll win or not, and I will happily poke the 10x levels if I feel like it and then get brutalised for doing so. That's my idea of fun - I don't care if I happen to be red named or white while I do that or not. So, because my idea of fun is different to yours, I should have to go and pay so I don't drop while you don't? Chyeah, I think not.

Again, poor argument. You seem to insinuate everybody else who PKs does it purely for the red name unless they are white names attacking flagged players, and then you say that these people should have to pay. Why should we have to pay just because our idea of fun differs from yours? =)
    Yeah, I'll carry on using the SL when I PK - regardless of why I'm actually PKing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    If people start flaming in here we will be forced to take disciplinary action. If you can't say something nice.....
  • Fatboykkb - Heavens Tear
    Fatboykkb - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    So basically... the tl;dr version of that is if you PK to kill pink or red names, you can use SL, otherwise you should have to pay?

Poor argument. Really, that's completely based on your opinion of fun. You think that attacking flagged people is fun PK.
    I don't care if I have a red name or not, I just PK for fun. I will kill somebody if I can, I'll 1v1 people regardless of it I'll win or not, and I will happily poke the 10x levels if I feel like it and then get brutalised for doing so. That's my idea of fun - I don't care if I happen to be red named or white while I do that or not. So, because my idea of fun is different to yours, I should have to go and pay so I don't drop while you don't? Chyeah, I think not.

Again, poor argument. You seem to insinuate everybody else who PKs does it purely for the red name unless they are white names attacking flagged players, and then you say that these people should have to pay. Why should we have to pay just because our idea of fun differs from yours? =)
    Yeah, I'll carry on using the SL when I PK - regardless of why I'm actually PKing.

+1 to this rpking is fun ain't it?
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

I said attacking flagged people is usually fun. They are the ones who usually attack back, and then you have a nice 1 vs 1. Should have said Pvp instead of pk. I don't think anyone who just kills every white name they see just for red hours. My whole rant thing was in fact that I don't see the point of SL regardless of what type of pvp/pking you do. If you want to kill every white name and stay red for 100 hours 24/7, use dolls or bind. If you want to attack flagged people and start a small pvp battle, I dont see a point in using anything. Only way I can see using SL is for is you let someone on your account and dont want them to steal anything...and account sharing is bannable so.... Im not saying people should pay or not pay. Just my personal opinion about SL, if you do it, fine, if you don't use it thats fine too, I (key word I) dont see a point in using SL and I was just giving other ways you can pk/pvp without using SL.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?