unable to connect to any server!....

Wildknight - Lost City
Wildknight - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Support Desk
OK for every gm to see this, im going to write here all i think willl e necesary for you to solve this problem... but plz! solve ithttp://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/images/smilies/sad.gif ... well i leaved PWI since august 2009 and at 27/12/2009 i decided to return to the game... i download the full client (229 version) when it finished downloading i verify files and i intalled it... OK... Later i patched it and i verify the game... then it was at 237 version client so i enter game... at pwprotector screen i log with a new account and i create a new character... i played with that character for 3 days and i didnt notice any error or something similar... Then i want to log on into game with my old character so i log out with the new one and when i tried to log in again i couldnt
Post edited by Wildknight - Lost City on

Comments

• Wildknight - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    I leave the game and i restarted my pc. but it still didnt work! so i look for info at forums and i have already did all that the forums says about firewall and antivirus configuration... also i unlock the 29000 port of my ruoter... but it still says the same... i enter to game and put my nickname and pass but its saids "unable to connect to server"... Then i optimize my pc according all things posted by a GM at PWI forums... but it still didnt work!!! im getting out of ideas... plz someone look for a solution... i noticed that many other players get this problem too... and it seems to be a recently error cuz all posts about this problem are from 31/12/2009 to now days....

My pc:

Intel core 2 duo E7400 2.8GHz
    3GB (RAM)
    OPerative system: Windows vista home basic 32 bit (SP2)
    ATI Radeon HD 4350 with catalyst control center 9.12
    nanostation2 2.4GHz indoor/outdoor dual-polarity 10di CPE (without a modem)
    ISP: puntonet.ec (512 kbps) DSL

i dont know what any more info i can bring to you... but i hope u get a solution as fast as u can... b:surrender

PD: SORRY MY ENGLISH REALLY SUCKS!! ^^
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    personal opinion

disabe the windows firewall (which ever blockes WINDOWS components (now why would they do that?)) and see if you can connect then. if you CAN, personally I'd leave it off. but if you want it for whatever reason, make sure you do NOT have "don't allow exceptions" checked. and make sure your antivirus isn't blocking pwprotector.exe (there USED to be a virus by the name, some still block this program, though clean, from running)
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Wildknight - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    ok thnx for responsing but i already tried disabling the firewall and restarting... but it continue saying "unable to connect to server... ALL about firewall or spyware or antivirus configuration its already done!... PLZZ any OTHER solutions for this problem!
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Please review the antivirus and networking info in the links below \/

Let us know what you have tried, and what errors you get.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Wildknight - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    I HAVE READ ALL LINKS THERE AND I HAVE REVIEW ALL MY FIREWALL CONNECTION ALLOWING THE NECESARY PORTS FOR THE GAME TO RUN... LIKE "PWPROTECTOR.EXE","LAUNCHER.EXE",ELEMENTCLIENT.EXE" AND "PATCHER.EXE"... i have eset nod 32 antivirus and also there i disable the firewall for the necesary ports..... and my ruoter its ok in running at 512 kbps... i can play any other games but this one is the only who says that anoying message "unable to connect to server" also im no noob at computers... i have make many other games run at my computer.... i repeat this is the only one who says this anoying message!..... b:cryb:cryb:cryb:cryb:cryb:cryb:cryb:cry plz any solution that have no realation to FIREWALL OR ANTIVIRUS CONFIGURATION! thnx... b:surrenderb:surrenderb:surrender
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    firewall is the key here however
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Wildknight - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    ok ok ok im going to look all my firewall configuration.... but if anyone cuold post how to configure the advanced firewall for windows vista it wuold be veery usefull.... i really want to be back ingame..... so if anyone knows hot to configure the advanced firewall ill be very pleased with his/her answer

THNX again for responsing...
    here are some screenshots about my config

pwi1.jpg
    pwi2.jpg
    pwi3.jpg
    pwi4.jpg

so... i hope this help a bit.......
  • Wildknight - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    i found this at E:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\logs

Angelica File Module Error Log
    Created(or opened) on 07/01/2010 12:23:35

[12:23:36.432] AFilePackage::OpenSharedFile, Failed to find file [Gfx\gfxlist.txt] in package !
    [12:23:36.432] AFileImage::Can not open file [E:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\Gfx\gfxlist.txt] from disk!
    [12:23:36.432] AFilePackage::OpenSharedFile, Failed to find file [Shaders\vs\stereo_vs.txt] in package !
    [12:23:36.432] AFileImage::Can not open file [E:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\Shaders\vs\stereo_vs.txt] from disk!
    [12:23:39.738] AFilePackage::OpenSharedFile, Failed to find file [Shaders\ps\t2_tex_merger.txt] in package !
    [12:23:39.738] AFileImage::Can not open file [E:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\Shaders\ps\t2_tex_merger.txt] from disk!
    [12:23:39.738] AFilePackage::OpenSharedFile, Failed to find file [Shaders\ps\t2_tm_lm.txt] in package !
    [12:23:39.738] AFileImage::Can not open file [E:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\Shaders\ps\t2_tm_lm.txt] from disk!
    [12:23:39.843] AFilePackage::OpenSharedFile, Failed to find file [Shaders\ps\water_alpha_simple.txt] in package !
    [12:23:39.843] AFileImage::Can not open file [E:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\Shaders\ps\water_alpha_simple.txt] from disk!
    [12:23:39.968] AFilePackage::OpenSharedFile, Failed to find file [loddata\Login\olm\1.olm] in package !
    [12:23:39.969] AFileImage::Can not open file [loddata\Login\olm\1.olm] from disk!
    [12:23:42.186] AFilePackage::OpenSharedFile, Failed to find file [Surfaces\kr.dds] in package !
    [12:23:42.186] AFileImage::Can not open file [E:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\Surfaces\kr.dds] from disk!
    [12:24:28.357] AIniFile::Save, Failed to create flie E:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\Configs\SceneCtrl.ini
    [12:24:29.946] Log file closed successfully!

could this be part of the error?... this change everytime i try to enter to PWI
  • hemoglobin
    hemoglobin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    restart your computer, cable box, and router
  • Wildknight - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    i restarted it like 6 times.... but it still not let me loggin..... :(
  • Pkabooodj - Sanctuary
    Pkabooodj - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ima gona be watchin topic for solution.
  • Wildknight - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    AAAAAHHHH PLEASE HELP ME.... I REALLY WANT TO GET BACK INGAME AGAINb:surrender..........
  • Wildknight - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    if anyone got the answer to this problem.... here its my mail... alt_zu_hunter_16@hotmail.com.... THNX for responsing.... b:surrender
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Try running verify on the game launcher screen.

At your own risk, try disabling your antivirus and similar software long enough to update and login to the game. Once in-game, turn it back on.

If you have Windows 7 or Vista, please review the info for it in our FAQ.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Pkabooodj - Sanctuary
    Pkabooodj - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Try running verify on the game launcher screen.

At your own risk, try disabling your antivirus and similar software long enough to update and login to the game. Once in-game, turn it back on.

If you have Windows 7 or Vista, please review the info for it in our FAQ.

OMFG OMFG OMFG thank you Panda you have finnaly said something i really understood THANKS SO MUCH U LET ME CONNECT TO PWI AGAIN.b:pleased

UR TEH BEST ADMIN b:victory

Sorry for the caps im just happy you helped me out after 2weeks of finding information of why it doesn't work well i'll tell what i have done..

Well once he said that you had to turn all ur firewalls off to me that sounded like just ur regular firewall firewall windows. Then i just looked around on computer about firewalls then i see internet security and antivirus auto protection. And then i disabled which is just temp. You would have to verify it while its off then log in then boom go look at your connections which i have all HIGH connection speeds and thats the solution of my problem.

Thanks Again PANDA
This discussion has been closed.