Soul Smasher vs TT80 xbows

DarkHam - Harshlands
DarkHam - Harshlands Posts: 47 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Archer
Im gettin close to 80, and im wondering which is the "Best" bow to get?

And how long will I be sticking with a level 80 bow/xbow? Is there a better bow on the way to 90? Such as Broadland or Windcatcher?

Advice pl0z!
Post edited by DarkHam - Harshlands on

Comments

• Nospheratu - Harshlands
    Nospheratu - Harshlands Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    comparing windcatcher to soulsmasher it depends on how much you refine your soulsmasher. I +5'd my soulsmasher and used it until 95. if you're gonna have equal refine for both weapons windcatcher is probably better. broadland is way better than soulsmasher and windcatcher but also more expensive. hh80gold bow is the best weapon you can reasonably get at the level.
  • System
    System Posts: 316 mod
    edited January 2010
    How expensive is Broadland?
  • Advice - Lost City
    Advice - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Frost weapon insigna is around 20 mil in LC but don't know the price in HL
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    Lenn_ - Sanctuary Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    80 gold bow can last till 95 should you want to invest in heaven shaterrer, i know a few archers who even use a high refined one till 99. i think its way hotter than80 xbows
  • System
    edited January 2010
    But I dont really see what is so great about the Soul Smasher ;o the xbows have higher base damage :x

And could Broadland last me until 95 for heaven shatterer?
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    But I dont really see what is so great about the Soul Smasher ;o the xbows have higher base damage :x

Well, CH:S is a lot faster, since it's a bow and has -0.05 Interval to it. Also, the +154 Maximum Physical Attack helps offset the damage difference. Overall, CH:S has higher DPS than the bows. Plus, there's the Gloom proc as well.

Yes, obviously.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • System
    edited January 2010
    Well, attack speed doesn't really matter to me because I want the best bow for PvP, and attack speed doesn't effect casting/channeling time.
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    comparing windcatcher to soulsmasher it depends on how much you refine your soulsmasher. I +5'd my soulsmasher and used it until 95. if you're gonna have equal refine for both weapons windcatcher is probably better. broadland is way better than soulsmasher and windcatcher but also more expensive. hh80gold bow is the best weapon you can reasonably get at the level.

i agree if somebody cant afford then can survive until 90 with hh80 greenxbow
    the xbows have higher base damage :x

simple lower minimum dmg and higher maximum dmg until bow min/max dmg is closer to eachother
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010

gloom makes your p.atk go through the roof, and broadlands doesnt have - interval no it >>;
  • Narukanikahn - Harshlands
    Narukanikahn - Harshlands Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Well, attack speed doesn't really matter to me because I want the best bow for PvP, and attack speed doesn't effect casting/channeling time.

seriously??? attack speed will save you in PvP, I had soul smasher +7 till 90

My list of bows from your level

60-69 (Solar Slayer +5) 70-79 (Unicorn +5 ..bad idea) 80-89 (Soul Smasher +7) 90-94 (Blinding Radiance +7) 95+ (Heaven Shatterer +10 soon 11)

I also had Broad Land +7 for about a month, I got rid of it because unrelenting got me killed. Decrease in PDef is not worth the gain in Patk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    youre smoking crack right? all you should be doing to kill low def people is normal shots, interval makes those go faster. that IS better for pvp. archers do not use - channel
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ehh lower levels you can actually do quite a bit with stun + deadly shot. that's when the damage addon is much more comparatively significant and the robies are much more squishier in terms of pdef. you can use it to bypass charm.

so at his level, i can understand it if he doesn't use normal shots as much.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty