Whats the prob of pvp in HL?

Options
Paimage - Harshlands
Paimage - Harshlands Posts: 1,017 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Dawnglory (EU)
I took a break from the game for a lil while and kind of came back, but in the last 2 days that I have played after being absent for almost a month I noticed something interesting ; Most group pvp in HL (by most I mean like 98%) between players of equivalent lvls has to end on a zerg, not cuz the guild zerging is bigger or stronger then the other but mostly cuz we have too many players that give up too quick once they see 10 ppl from the enemy side coming. But those that give up too quick also enjoy pvp nd thats the weirdest part, although I think I know why; The prob is the lack of that group pvp mentality b:cry, players wont try to work in big teams nd instead they will leave if there r more then 6 ppl from their side at the player killing scene lol The reason why HL was so much more entertainning in pvp then any other server in the first months was cuz ppl wouldnt give up from a pvp war so easily, they would try nd call all of their guild if they had to jus in order to win that pvp war even though there wouldnt b any benefits apart from pure joy of pvping which is what most of us who like to pvp search for.
In the first months of the server we always had non-rpk guilds like LastStand, Mercenary, Crimson, Kylin nd KD but most of those big guilds were far from being carebears even though they were non-rpk. Although, guilds like Rule34 that used to do so well in group pvp were the kind of guilds that every server needs which is a guild that doesnt only rpk but they rpk anyone nd any guild. I remember that they were the first guild that used ventrillo effectively for better coordination in pvp which most guilds r lacking atm, they were pro as a group. The concept of rpk guild in our server started changing when Rule34 which was an rpk guild nd pked alot against LS turned into Pendullum to later ally with a guild for TW (LS) against Crimson. Since then the concept of safe list has been spread through all the server nd we started seeing alot rpk guilds using safelist instead of being purely random player killing guilds. Even the most remarkable rpk guild that HL had so far which was QQme started as a true rpk guild but they later on allied with Crimson cuz of TW instead of fighting against all the server nd keep being hated nd admired like the true rpk guilds usually are.
IMHO what HL needs are more guilds that rpk without having to pick sides, guilds that put pvp in front of a piece of a land, more drama in both wc nd forums nd certainly less chickens, those r the kind of things that awake the group pvp in pvp servers.
All above are my thoughts about what I think are the main problems of pvp in our server so you guys can post your opinions about this matter as they will be welcome; Discuss.
Post edited by Paimage - Harshlands on

Comments

• Paimage - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    wow I wrote alotb:bored
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    wow I wrote alotb:bored

and didn't even include a poll.

pollgrande, i am disappoint.
  • Paimage - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    and didn't even include a poll.

pollgrande, i am disappoint.

I was actually going to add a poll as they make the thread more alive b:laugh wrote so much that forgot about it :S
  • Acrelar - Harshlands
    Acrelar - Harshlands Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Last edited by Paimage - Harshlands; Today at 08:37 PM. Reason: less colourss lol

so full of win
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig made by Scarlet
  • Pot_Head - Harshlands
    Pot_Head - Harshlands Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The pvp is lacking because ppl rather stand in front of a npc and try to get Op gear.b:surrender
  • Potatochip - Lost City
    Potatochip - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    pvp here sucks because there is too big of a power gap between the highest levels and the lowest ones. Also people are busy working on their new tideborn characters.

I mean there is 2 mages on this server that has what? Over $6000 worth of gear on their char? Rank weapons, full event gear, full event gems, etc. And the server is barely a year old. Think of how lost city was like when it was only a year old, what happens if you place a bunch of characters with all these OP'ed gears in? Pvp gets ruined since they become unbeat-able.

It's embarassing to bring a full zerg just to kill a couple well-geared people. 2 overpowered people will always work better than a group of 6 weaker ones, if only because having all 6 people be in the right place at the right time and on the right targets is harder than working together as a smaller 2 or 3 person team.

It's kind of like, if someone had to solve a time-space equation, you could hire a team of 30 college students to try and solve it, but an Einstein + Stephen Hawking duo would wtfpwn all of them. Get my drift? o.0
  • Hoer - Harshlands
    Hoer - Harshlands Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    b:cry i cant PvP on HL any more my wife took my gear b:cry
  • Xtasy - Raging Tide
    Xtasy - Raging Tide Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    blame kdb:angry
  • Ajani - Harshlands
    Ajani - Harshlands Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Paigrande come to RT xD Its fun and a lot of PeeVeeePeeee
    PVP: 3800 kills in the name of KD lawl
    Retired as of 18/11/09
    Back as of 22/11/10
    Archer retired as of 26/12/10
  • Narukanikahn - Harshlands
    Narukanikahn - Harshlands Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    harshlands PvP is getting to the point where no one can do anything without poping an ironguard powder, cough cough thailer, but regardless everyone has OP gear now and its getting pretty hard to kill :x

but currently im a full dex archer with 8010 hp and a soon to be +11 purge bow :<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Narukanikahn - Harshlands
    Narukanikahn - Harshlands Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    And YES I AM aware that i am a huge focking cash shopper but not like i care so there is no need for everyone that posts after me to point out this kthxbai :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Stayne - Harshlands
    Stayne - Harshlands Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Can't really blame him +10 lunar and demon quickshot is scary..

Im Scurddddd.
  • LordPangu - Harshlands
    LordPangu - Harshlands Posts: 413 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

I was playing on RT and the good thing in there is that those that activate "Pk mode" actually go out to pk and when they find pk they want to keep pking. In terms of pk activety ofc its not close to HL cause in here u will always find a white name to kill, and since u will always find a white name in HL to kill, u will later on start looking for competetive PvP ( ppl that are closer to ur level or skilled players) thats why i still play on a PvP server. The PvP in any server is only as good as we make it be, but the problem on this server is that most of the higher levels are spread around 3-4 guilds where 2 are kinda of allies and 1 more is safelisted on one of those 2 allies. This hugely limits the PvP on the server.

The reason why alot of players spend most of their time in sz is cause they are aware if they come out by themselves they will get rolled (this happens when they know that the ppl outside are at least 10+ levels above them), so they rather level first and PvP later.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • Acrelar - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I was playing on RT and the good thing in there is that those that activate "Pk mode" actually go out to pk and when they find pk they want to keep pking. In terms of pk activety ofc its not close to HL cause in here u will always find a white name to kill, and since u will always find a white name in HL to kill, u will later on start looking for competetive PvP ( ppl that are closer to ur level or skilled players) thats why i still play on a PvP server. The PvP in any server is only as good as we make it be, but the problem on this server is that most of the higher levels are spread around 3-4 guilds where 2 are kinda of allies and 1 more is safelisted on one of those 2 allies. This hugely limits the PvP on the server.

The reason why alot of players spend most of their time in sz is cause they are aware if they come out by themselves they will get rolled (this happens when they know that the ppl outside are at least 10+ levels above them), so they rather level first and PvP later.

The people that live for pvp will never roll on a pve server cause it's a disgrace. At least it would be for me. I enjoy pve and pvp both a lot but having the option to turn pvp completely off on a pve server is so carebear I could never play there. Plus in general people on pvp servers are more competitive. They level faster, have better gear, finish new instances earlier. More fun imo.

Edit: ontopic, annipacks killed pvp
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig made by Scarlet
  • Thailer - Harshlands
    Thailer - Harshlands Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    harshlands PvP is getting to the point where no one can do anything without poping an ironguard powder, cough cough thailer, but regardless everyone has OP gear now and its getting pretty hard to kill :x

but currently im a full dex archer with 8010 hp and a soon to be +11 purge bow :<

Edited because forum wars is not my style

Pvp was actually alive last night at Silverpool. To everyone there it was a blast, around 40+ ppl. We need more like that from both sides.
  • Nospheratu - Harshlands
    Nospheratu - Harshlands Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Hiya just wanna say tyvm for Quickshot Naru :D and you're not allowed to +11. I was the first. Now Thailer has +11 too and I'm not special anymore Q_Q.
  • Thailer - Harshlands
    Thailer - Harshlands Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Hiya just wanna say tyvm for Quickshot Naru :D and you're not allowed to +11. I was the first. Now Thailer has +11 too and I'm not special anymore Q_Q.

You're special to me.
  • Tryagain - Harshlands
    Tryagain - Harshlands Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    To me, the issue is not zerging, it's WHO is there. About a month someone in guild chat said something like "it's 2 vs. about 8-10 people near Naught, anyone want to help?"

So I ported over there, figuring this would be fun. And it would have. I think one other person from KD came, so it was like 4v10. And then Xulin showed up and destroyed us all in 5 seconds, thereby killing any point to ever leaving safe.

I am honestly more hesitant to leave safe with a 4v4 including Xulin, than a 4v10 without Xulin. Same for anyone else that cash shops that heavily. It just completely kills all fun. Sure if you have at least 3 people that can focus 100% on the cash shopper you can drop them, but as long as they have anyone else with them, that's not the case.

I'm sure most of the pvp'ers on the server don't agree, but this is my opinion.

The other thing that pushes me away from PvP is that there are only two places any PvP happens. West Gate and Hidden Orchid. It's stupid that you should be required to go to those two places for PvP, but since there are so many dailies/events/oracles/whatever, nobody leaves safe anymore. There is no such thing as zhenning or grinding parties anymore. Nobody crashes our world bosses, and it seems like no other guild does them. Half of the fun is getting unexpected pvp, not teleporting, fully buffing, chi-ing up to full, step out of safe, spark and kill someone, then go back into safe and repeat. That has no appeal whatsoever to me.

And lastly...the safety lock. The biggest draw for me is to get drops from people you pk. Safety lock killed that.
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    Hippie - Harshlands Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    dude, use paragraphs, i had to zoom to 200% to eb able to read it

other than that idk whats the problem with pvp. i cant play at west, at other spots rarely meet anyone 90+. also i cant really afford wasting charm in pvp right now, so i just pk with alts, more fun
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • XFeRX - Harshlands
    XFeRX - Harshlands Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    To me, the issue is not zerging, it's WHO is there. About a month someone in guild chat said something like "it's 2 vs. about 8-10 people near Naught, anyone want to help?"

So I ported over there, figuring this would be fun. And it would have. I think one other person from KD came, so it was like 4v10. And then Xulin showed up and destroyed us all in 5 seconds, thereby killing any point to ever leaving safe.

I am honestly more hesitant to leave safe with a 4v4 including Xulin, than a 4v10 without Xulin. Same for anyone else that cash shops that heavily. It just completely kills all fun. Sure if you have at least 3 people that can focus 100% on the cash shopper you can drop them, but as long as they have anyone else with them, that's not the case.

I'm sure most of the pvp'ers on the server don't agree, but this is my opinion.

The other thing that pushes me away from PvP is that there are only two places any PvP happens. West Gate and Hidden Orchid. It's stupid that you should be required to go to those two places for PvP, but since there are so many dailies/events/oracles/whatever, nobody leaves safe anymore. There is no such thing as zhenning or grinding parties anymore. Nobody crashes our world bosses, and it seems like no other guild does them. Half of the fun is getting unexpected pvp, not teleporting, fully buffing, chi-ing up to full, step out of safe, spark and kill someone, then go back into safe and repeat. That has no appeal whatsoever to me.

And lastly...the safety lock. The biggest draw for me is to get drops from people you pk. Safety lock killed that.

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/5413/1354344.jpg

nuff said
  • Cleon - Harshlands
    Cleon - Harshlands Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    My vote goes to: "instances leveling", a.k.a. FC and GV, killed PvP.

No one grinds anymore in this game anymore, ask any of the players that just reached 85 or so if they know what "fishes" or "grinding fishes" is, and they will tell you that hey have no idea.

World grinding is dead, there for crashing and "owning" spots (like fishes) is dead = world PvP is dead. The only thing that is left is camping WQ 29, West Gate or Silver Pool.
  • Dropzplox - Harshlands
    Dropzplox - Harshlands Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

No one grinds anymore in this game anymore, ask any of the players that just reached 85 or so if they know what "fishes" or "grinding fishes" is, and they will tell you that hey have no idea.

World grinding is dead, there for crashing and "owning" spots (like fishes) is dead = world PvP is dead. The only thing that is left is camping WQ 29, West Gate or Silver Pool.

This.

Needs world grinding for world pvp.
    angeRR
  • Paimage - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options

TUGA POWAAAA!! Ye I heard about how active the pvp in RT is but believe it or not, HL is still a pvp server nd is far easier to find pvp in here :) I considered playing in RT nd from what my twin bro told me about the server, it will soon become like any other pve server. If I played on a pve server I jus wouldnt stand the fact that there are so many 30+ blue names, carebears nd Im still confident that pvp in HL will keep getting more active with the ammount of players lvling to 8x, 9x nd 10x :p
    The people that live for pvp will never roll on a pve server cause it's a disgrace. At least it would be for me. I enjoy pve and pvp both a lot but having the option to turn pvp completely off on a pve server is so carebear I could never play there. Plus in general people on pvp servers are more competitive. They level faster, have better gear, finish new instances earlier. More fun imo.

Edit: ontopic, annipacks killed pvp

Have to agree with you xD

IMO, BH, GV, etc all of it will help non-cs players lvl faster to 100 without having to spend so many time farming money to buy mijis to grind nd that. Its true that it kinda of killed the world pvp nd certainly pvping always in the same place gets old but if u do enjoy pvping the location wont b much of a trouble as long as there is player killing going onb:dirty But you do have a good point.
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options

I got to 100 with like 10% GV and 90% grinding in third. And actually no, it doesnt solve world pvp(i mean in little...). There were about grand totl of 3-4 people trying to crash me. There was times when 3-4 kos people was flying around me, and no, they didnt bother attacking. They left after 5 minutes. (not to mention angel and rhyme who were killing to go town and come back every 5 minutes for a chance of stealing xp lol, and sometimes did that for an hour)

honestly they should close FC, and make gv gamma more of a challenge.

AND

make public quests REALLY worth it, so there will be always people doing that - > world pvp back. (for now i think only lvl100 public quest is really worth it)
    IMO, BH, GV, etc all of it will help non-cs players lvl faster to 100 without having to spend so many time farming money to buy mijis to grind nd that. Its true that it kinda of killed the world pvp nd certainly pvping always in the same place gets old but if u do enjoy pvping the location wont b much of a trouble as long as there is player killing going onb:dirty But you do have a good point.
    I very rarely did BHs, didnt oracle and used like a grand total of 20 mjis(lvl86-90). by that i am only saying, that just becouse something exist, u dont HAVE to do that.u dont have to do bh. u dont have to use mjis. it may be slow, but thats how the game is. stuff like mjis are only enchancement
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • Collapse - Harshlands
    Collapse - Harshlands Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Some of the best PvP that ever happened was over grinding spots (Butters, fish, spiders) and world bosses. Seriously, some1 would try to come crash fish -> group being crashed calls people -> crashers call more -> shet escalates. And world bosses were good becuz the people crashing you had a good reason! They dont want whoever theyre crashing to get Perfect shards. But now ann packs make G9 shards a joke. Instance leveling made world grinding a joke = world pvp is dead.
    Currently playing : |||| Waiting for:
    Allods |||||| G.W.2
    GW
    Bloodline Champions
  • Acrelar - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Some of the best PvP that ever happened was over grinding spots (Butters, fish, spiders) and world bosses. Seriously, some1 would try to come crash fish -> group being crashed calls people -> crashers call more -> shet escalates. And world bosses were good becuz the people crashing you had a good reason! They dont want whoever theyre crashing to get Perfect shards. But now ann packs make G9 shards a joke. Instance leveling made world grinding a joke = world pvp is dead.

wtb qqme vs kd at intrepid. even dejavu logged on when he heard about that on vent after he quit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig made by Scarlet
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options

thats true... however my point is that even if few people start grinding pvp wont start just by itself when people actually dont fight for grind spots. idk why most of people didnt attack me, while they obviously wanted to grind there.

also grinding in third past is still faster than anything. do 96-97 in 2 days in fc/gv like i did in third :))

(on other hand i could never crash worldboss... whenever got info was late by the time i got there :(( )
    wtb qqme vs kd at intrepid. even dejavu logged on when he heard about that on vent after he quit.

yea i remmeber that was nice... i have SS as kd+ky jumped fishes with like 30+ people, like paratroopers. after that biggest pk war i was at i think. i was lagging like in tw.
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    maybe if you didn't all rush to endgame and avoid pvp like the plague there would be something to do. b:surrender
  • Potatochip - Lost City
    Potatochip - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    dude, use paragraphs, i had to zoom to 200% to eb able to read it

other than that idk whats the problem with pvp. i cant play at west, at other spots rarely meet anyone 90+. also i cant really afford wasting charm in pvp right now, so i just pk with alts, more fun

This is probably the biggest problem. Pvp costs too much, you need a charm, average pvp fight you get 1-2 charm ticks + pots, and when you die the charm ticks AGAIN, which means a 20 second fight = around 15k of your charm gone. If you fight for a minute, you burn at least 30k+ off your charm, and that doesn't even factor in pot/repair/genie costs.

Do this 2 or 3 times, and you've just blown almost 200k coins in under 10 minutes.

The only other option is to pvp charmless and potless, and probably die over and over and over again.
  • BelleFemme - Harshlands
    BelleFemme - Harshlands Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I cannot stand safety lock -.- That **** just completely ruins it. I want red people's PK drops who are too poor for dolls. I know binding gear is like the same thing but it really isn't. I got PKd at west gate and dropped tokens, mirages and 20 teles. So I don't cheat with SL, you can still get my inventory if I die. I hate SLLLLLLLLL. /facerollrage iu032493284390248
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]