Changing to window mode crashing

Zhou_Yu - Heavens Tear
Zhou_Yu - Heavens Tear Posts: 45 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Support Desk
Can't seem to find a thread on this so...

I seem to have an issue that 2 out of 3 times that I switch to window mode on the game, the game will crash.
I'm switching to window mode for the Tideborn areas that usually cause the blinking effect. Window mode seems to fix that for me but the fact that I have to make 2-3 attempts is just a TAD annoying. b:surrender

Any advice on this (I'm not much on pc know-how so I don't know what info to post) or is this an expansion glitch?
Post edited by Zhou_Yu - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Chovan - Harshlands
    Chovan - Harshlands Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    It's not an expansion glitch cos it's always done this as far as I can remember. PWI has never been stable when switching to windows or switching from full screen to a window.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    If your system has enough RAM and a dedicated newer video card, it doesn't have an issues switching between modes "most" of the time.

Try changing the Setting on the game launcher screen before you get in-game into Windowed mode and see if that helps.

If not, feel free to send us a ticket to Tech Support.

Please include your dxdiag and hijackthis log files. Links below. \/ b:victory
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Zhou_Yu - Heavens Tear
    Zhou_Yu - Heavens Tear Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    It's not an expansion glitch cos it's always done this as far as I can remember. PWI has never been stable when switching to windows or switching from full screen to a window.

Ah. That might explain it a bit. I've almost always played in full screen since the beginning and hadn't needed window mode till now.
    If your system has enough RAM and a dedicated newer video card, it doesn't have an issues switching between modes "most" of the time.

Try changing the Setting on the game launcher screen before you get in-game into Windowed mode and see if that helps.

If not, feel free to send us a ticket to Tech Support.

Please include your dxdiag and hijackthis log files. Links below. \/ b:victory

I'll give that a shot and cross my fingers lol. Much thanks.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    you might have a fragmenting problem too though, I'd give that a lookover as well.
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Nudefoxy - Lost City
    Nudefoxy - Lost City Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    well ill ask my question here, after i switch from game window back to windows window and then back to game my game works, i can use keypads but as soon as i use a mouse my game rolls down and switches back to windows window any ideas?
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    did you confirm it, as opposed to just applying it?
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
This discussion has been closed.