Random Crashes

Qwentomec - Heavens Tear
Qwentomec - Heavens Tear Posts: 270 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Support Desk
Ok I'm playing PWI on Windows 7 now, but either since Windows 7 was installed or since one of the patches, PWI has been crashing many times each play session. It happens when I click something usually, whether it be a skill, mob, person or the minimise button (I play in windowed mode).

Problem is they are not normal crashes, instead of freezing for a bit and showing a bug report, the game closes instantly...it's there one sec and gone the next to no crash data (or am I wrong about that?).

Tried running in compatibility mode (Windows XP SP2) but that doesn't seem to be doing anything...anyone got any ideas why this happens?
you thilly gooses... feather set is thuper fabulous! -Bowlinbob

Chars:
Qwentomec 94 BM / _Zappy_ 99 Wizzy / xLysander 6x Cleric / MoneyBagz 5x Veno / BaNaNa 3x Barb / _Flappy_ 2x Archer / xKnifey 2x Sin / Spoo_Ney 3x Psy

(cookie for anyone who gets the simpsons reference in those last 2 names)
Post edited by Qwentomec - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Bigtease - Lost City
    Bigtease - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    im having the same problem on lost city server atm i can log on and say about 2 things in guild chat and then i dc but not all the way out just to the login screen and i check the status of the servers and some r showing 3000ms and others 32-96ms for the speed of the server but the thing is its random and switches speed constantlyb:sad plz let this just b a temporary thing it just started happening a few hours ago for me b:cry
  • Qwentomec - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    That's not the same problem...that's super lag :P

I don't DC PWI just disappears instantly and ping is fine when I re-open.

Chars:
    Qwentomec 94 BM / _Zappy_ 99 Wizzy / xLysander 6x Cleric / MoneyBagz 5x Veno / BaNaNa 3x Barb / _Flappy_ 2x Archer / xKnifey 2x Sin / Spoo_Ney 3x Psy

• Jesya - Lost City
    Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    the game crashes ALOT now. Pressing TAB gives u an error bug.
    If you go afk for 2 mins the game closes by itself.
    It's getting frustrating b:surrender
    b:bye
  • Westie - Heavens Tear
    Westie - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    the game crashes ALOT now. Pressing TAB gives u an error bug.

this is what happens to me too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    I got no problems with tab...seems that's yet another different problem o.o

And hai Westie b:bye

Chars:

• Westie - Heavens Tear
    Westie - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    b:bye hi hi Qwen b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Ok needa bump this...and no more unrelated problems please D:

Chars:

• darksidexiii
    darksidexiii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Can anyone help me on this 1 only started to get this error message today just happens random error comes up game still there in background unable to do anythin at all.. i close message game goes off.

reload game and the same message appears

is that message even a language?
    1.png
  • Bryanshrimp - Lost City
    Bryanshrimp - Lost City Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I've had the same problem for about a week now, I did a internet search and the most common option was a drive out of date or incompatible software-I checked both and still have this problem... I figure it has to be somethign they've done with tb or cash shop because i've had the same pc for over a yr with no problems
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I'm going to need some more information from you about your computer.

Find out what the model number for your PC is. Check the documentation that came with your PC, or look on the back or bottom of your PC for the model Number.

Please tell us the manufacturer's name of your system too! (Like HP, Dell, Toshiba, etc.)

Next, go to Start, click on Run (or Search if using Vista/7), and type in dxdiag and press enter.

Click on the Display tab, and then post here everything in the Device and Drivers boxes:
    DxDiagRequest.JPG

Thanks!
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
    edited January 2010
    dxdiag.jpg

Manufacturer of the laptop is HP, and the model number is dv5-1054TX
    And using Windows 7 Ultimate.

Thanks darth ^^

Chars:

edited January 2010
    >__>

bleh10char-.-

Chars:

• SuperFireFly - Harshlands
    SuperFireFly - Harshlands Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Lately, my laptop with Vista has been doing the same. Playing one second and not the next. It simply dumps to the desktop with no error message..... In fact no message at all. I also play in windowed mode because it always crashed if I accidently hit the windows key or got a system message.

This started after the latest patch / update. At least the timing feels right.
    edited January 2010
    ...darth? D:

Chars:

• RamArch - Lost City
    RamArch - Lost City Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    32bit

19220336.jpg

64bit

42700306.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Update your video drivers from here: http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?p=vista64/common-vista64

Send us a ticket to Tech Support with your dxdiag.txt attached if that doesn't help and you need us to review the rest of your system.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Lucysia - Dreamweaver
    Lucysia - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Running 32bit XP just happened tonight and did it for about 6 times in a row, guess I wont get any playing done tonight
    edited January 2010
    Update your video drivers from here: http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?p=vista64/common-vista64

Send us a ticket to Tech Support with your dxdiag.txt attached if that doesn't help and you need us to review the rest of your system.

Q_Q you ignored me again...in my own thread...

I'll update my nvidia drivers then...by myself...alone...with no help from pandas...

*spanks darth* b:angry

Chars:

This discussion has been closed.