LA vs Arcane

Falacer - Harshlands
Falacer - Harshlands Posts: 75 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Wizard
Okay so I read Pandoras PVP guide and she talked about how light armor didn't really effect the difference in damage too badly and she survived alot longer in PVP with LA (without too much of a damage reduction)

but everyone else is saying Arcane is alot better for everything in genereal and you hit tons harder in arcane then LA.

I have a lvl 19 LA wizard, Should I Just make him over arcane?
Falacer Permitted ZZig into faction

Falacer: Welcome ZZig :D

ZZig has left the faction

Falacer: You biitch.
Post edited by Falacer - Harshlands on

Comments

• Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I went LA all the way until Level 90, where I restatted to Arcane/Vit, and are RAEP'ing more face than ever. I'd say that's the way to go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Falacer - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    now I gotta re-do my wizzy u.u

there goes one day of questing ):

edited January 2010
    Just stay LA for now, it really does help out in the earlier levels, but Arcane is more of an endgame thing...I dunno.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • brownflamer
    brownflamer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Is an arcane sage wizard sqiushy or does it have enough pdef?
    PS......I'm half-joking b:mischievous
    edited January 2010
    Is an arcane sage wizard sqiushy or does it have enough pdef?

If you shard and refine to a decent level, you can have the same amount of P.Def as an LA, with the power of an AA.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    If you shard and refine to a decent level, you can have the same amount of P.Def as an LA, with the power of an AA.

takes a lot of money and isnt as viable as it used to be when gold was cheaper
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    LA will certainly make the climb to 90 less torturous. Just keep it until you get those sexy TT90 robes.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Falacer - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Yeah believe it or not I considered going arcane just for the meer fact the armor looks so sick (:

Light armor on a wizzie looks so ewwieee.

• /Krue - Heavens Tear17
    /Krue - Heavens Tear17 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I've been arcane since day 1.

I don't know how much "easier" being L.A would be for me, since i drop all the mobs before they get to me. And if i ever pull more then 1 i just fly up on my gourd. :D

Arcane > LA >:P
    edited January 2010

I don't know how much "easier" being L.A would be for me, since i drop all the mobs before they get to me. And if i ever pull more then 1 i just fly up on my gourd. :D

While you were busy flying away, I was busy tanking/AoE grinding on those mobs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Falacer - Harshlands
    edited January 2010

and your on a carebear server and you'd get owned in about 3 seconds if you went PVP mode with a barbarian your level b:chuckle

• /Krue - Heavens Tear18
    /Krue - Heavens Tear18 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Tanking/AOE grinding? I'll just do BH for my easier exp.

Carebear server? Lol.

>implying theres no PVP action on PVE servers.
  • Falacer - Harshlands
    edited January 2010

Carebear server? Lol.

I have a lvl 72 archer thats on Heavens tear.

Its a carebear server b:chuckle

and in your 80's-90's, you need to grind if you dont wanna spend days doing bh/wq/cs.

I asked about light armor bc I pk and you cant kill pk'ers before they hit you (well 90 or below at least b:chuckle)

edited January 2010

Carebear server? Lol.

Oh, yeah?

Well...your forum account is glitchy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Falacer - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Oh, yeah?

Well...your forum account is glitchy!

Holy **** dude he made his acc 5 days ago?

glitch or oracler :D

• Falacer - Harshlands
    edited January 2010

Carebear server? Lol.

and dun be sad, kona is from carebear world too! :D

and we're best buddies b:pleased

edited January 2010
    Holy **** dude he made his acc 5 days ago?

glitch or oracler :D

He made a thread talking about the difficulties he's been having with his account (his name is actually /Krue\, he joined somewhere around Dec, actually, etc.)
    and dun be sad, kona is from carebear world too! :D

and we're best buddies b:pleased

b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Okay so I read Pandoras PVP guide and she talked about how light armor didn't really effect the difference in damage too badly and she survived alot longer in PVP with LA (without too much of a damage reduction)

but everyone else is saying Arcane is alot better for everything in genereal and you hit tons harder in arcane then LA.

I have a lvl 19 LA wizard, Should I Just make him over arcane?

If you're on a PvP server, stay LA. Gonna be a pain cause you're dmg will suck, but you're going to live. Stack some crit (at least 10%) to compensate for the lack of dmg and you should be good to go.
    Pandora's guide is an option, but I will say it's obsolete once in the 90s. Endgame the **** that really hurts it's magic. Archers will really hurt only if they have a +8 or more bow, otherwise the widely available lunar gear from pack will make you a pretty decent build as Arcane.
    these are my stats now: http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/7975/stats2a.jpg, full buffed. (My HP is still low, but I will get and aditional 200 HP very soon and then another 250 in the future - these additions will be before barb buff).
    If more pdef is needed one can go for the buddha's leaf for the extra pdef. I for one I'm happy with what I have right now. I don't have more than 3 sockets on anything, and I only have 2 perfect citrines on Robe. The rest are 3 immac garnets and citrines all over the place for remaining sockets. +5 refines all over, except Robe and weapon at +7.
    I really think that right now, with the widely available lunar gear, between 90 and 95 if u can do 1-2 TTs/day is more than easy to get to my stats. I haven't been in a TT for months except when I needed it for culti, and no, I did not cash shopped to get the gear I have, but I cash shopped here and there where I needed another 120 DO1 that were on sale to make my weapon +7 for ex and I didn't want to wait/farm TT.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    If you're on a PvP server, stay LA. Gonna be a pain cause you're dmg will suck, but you're going to live. Stack some crit (at least 10%) to compensate for the lack of dmg and you should be good to go.
    Pandora's guide is an option, but I will say it's obsolete once in the 90s. Endgame the **** that really hurts it's magic. Archers will really hurt only if they have a +8 or more bow, otherwise the widely available lunar gear from pack will make you a pretty decent build as Arcane.
    these are my stats now: http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/7975/stats2a.jpg, full buffed. (My HP is still low, but I will get and aditional 200 HP very soon and then another 250 in the future - these additions will be before barb buff).
    If more pdef is needed one can go for the buddha's leaf for the extra pdef. I for one I'm happy with what I have right now. I don't have more than 3 sockets on anything, and I only have 2 perfect citrines on Robe. The rest are 3 immac garnets and citrines all over the place for remaining sockets. +5 refines all over, except Robe and weapon at +7.
    I really think that right now, with the widely available lunar gear, between 90 and 95 if u can do 1-2 TTs/day is more than easy to get to my stats. I haven't been in a TT for months except when I needed it for culti, and no, I did not cash shopped to get the gear I have, but I cash shopped here and there where I needed another 120 DO1 that were on sale to make my weapon +7 for ex and I didn't want to wait/farm TT.

Ursa, gimme some of that spirit
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • RezzErection - Dreamweaver
    RezzErection - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    lol, pdef .....
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Ursa, gimme some of that spirit

no can do.
    I'm saving those for the books you're gonna gimme :)b:thanks
    b:chuckle

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    no can do.
    I'm saving those for the books you're gonna gimme :)b:thanks
    b:chuckle

ok, give me the spirit and let me learn the books and then you can have them b:chuckle

i gotta go do cube b:cry