Assassins breaking TW system?

Comments

• __Shade__ - Raging Tide
    __Shade__ - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    +4 on my BM's HH70 and +5 80 HA, gave exactly to the last digit bonus HP as, +4 on my venos HH70 and +5 80 LA. There is no difference at all. Thats only one example on HH gear Ive noticed. Also gave same HP bonus on my friends +4 HH70 and +5 HH80 Arcane.
  • Fealty - Harshlands
    Fealty - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Stealth move simply means you cant be seen, if you are hit by a aoe, or even healed whilst in stealth, even if its someone far below you in levels you become seen.

i thought about this too though, whilst in stealth they cant target you, as long as you keep moving, like running around the crystal, the cata will follow, stop, hit, follow, stop, hit. long as u can keep a distance ud proberly get away with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Iris - Raging Tide
    Iris - Raging Tide Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Im sure the towers would be detectors if anything. <_<
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Im sure the towers would be detectors if anything. <_<

This.

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    But dont forget, assassins can once survive their own death. b:chuckle

when they die they lose the cat. and who cares if they can come back to live... if i can kill them once i can kill them again (especially if they are buffless).
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    Actually verry best assassin is posable to go to even 16k-20k hp with a bit build tweaking and high enough refines on lvl9x or so. Any LA class can, if you check it all armor types at equivalent gear give same hp on refine, no matter if some ppl are deluded and think HA gives more HP on refines. Tho 16k HP would gotta be min +8 or +9 to all armor parts, wich is more or less insane, since only maybe 1% of sins will be able to afford that.

posable? LOL. i don't know a single LA with 16k unbuffed or 20k buffed in the game right now. what make you think the sin will be the first to reach that.
    I honestly don't know if you can stealth after grabbing a cata, but the AoEs do hit them even in stealth. But let's run a scenario....
    b:question
    *An Assassin grabs a cata, goes stealth, then runs off to an unguarded side with the cata.
    *A second squad (or same squad as the Sin) follows them in but say 5-10 seconds after the Sin leaves, barreling past the enemy.
    *Enemy squads will tend to focus on the visible squad coming in.
    *Cleric makes sure the Barb (who has a cata scroll) gets through while the others are acting as decoys or simply killing off the enemy.
    **Assuming the Sin doesn't need to stop and take out the outside towers whose attacks would end their stealth.
    *Sin get the cata at least inside the enemy area where the inside towers would end their stealth. Though the cata without a puller would have been spotted at the gate (at the very latest).
    *Cleric and Barb enter the gates. Barb is fairly undamaged as he enters because he's not targeted heavily for pulling a cata. Barb goes in ready to pick up the cata if the Sin is killed with a cleric there helping save his furry hide from those lousy towers b:laugh and those downright mean magic attackers. b:beatup
    *Sin, on their way back to the enemy crystal, targets every Nix, Robe/LA Veno, and Wizard in sight.

Yes, this isn't that much different then the usual TW run but it presents a new way for the cata's to get in the gate undamaged.
    I can very easily see how Psychics and Assassins are going to change how the TWs are fought. Stealth skills and faster/slower charm tick skills require a very different strategy.

you prob won't tw at all... do you? i sharp every cat i see regarless if i can see the barb. and i don't recall cat being dmged while the puller is alive... so there is really no point to what you posted.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

• Miatemaro - Heavens Tear
    Miatemaro - Heavens Tear Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    LMAO lots of false and misunderstood info in this thread. Please keep thinking sins are untargetable and let them pull catas. b:laughb:laugh

1. Sins will not be able to get past towers without being hit by the towers.

2. Stealth sins are targetable through "T" button.
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Curious this all would be fine and great but like it has been said before assassins DO get hurt from random AoEs it can be prevented by leading the cat except for the fact that that nice little blue or red orb floats over their head and all you have to do is wait for the cat to catch up and crrzzzzt dead little squishy. Now if its a real problem and your really having issues with it have a assassin go up and smack him around a bit boom out of stealth and can be targeted. Should he go back into stealth repeat cause if assassin goes into stealth you lose your target on him.

But this is a non issue even if it did end up getting a decent way assassins just can't stand hits and a barb doesn't have much time to pick up a cat should the assassin go down hopefully. Now on inexperienced people it would work ones who don't know how to kill the barbs in the first place. But as a overall plan it simply doesn't work.

That last one mia are you sure have you tried it out?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited January 2010

This is false unless you have a higher awareness level than their stealth level.

A level 85 sin with maxed cat-like tread and stealth cannot be seen by anyone (due to the level cap of 105) regardless of use of the T button.
    edited January 2010
    LMAO lots of false and misunderstood info in this thread. Please keep thinking sins are untargetable and let them pull catas. b:laughb:laugh

1. Sins will not be able to get past towers without being hit by the towers.

Number 1 is right, number 2 is wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
    edited January 2010
    Number 1 is right, number 2 is wrong.

Try it then get back to me. There names still appear under the "T" tab. b:victory thus allowing you to target them.
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    But have you actually tried it and um mia your level 100 I don't think you are lookin at level 80+ sin only a level 81 sin with maxed out stealth could hide from you anything lower won't cut it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Try it then get back to me. There names still appear under the "T" tab. b:victory thus allowing you to target them.

Tried it. Verified it. Doesn't work.

Suck it.

b:scorn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    You forgot " > ???? > PROFIT!".

i didnt xP

EDIT: lol @ above xD
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Tried it. Verified it. Doesn't work.

Suck it.

b:scorn

Funny enough it works for me and all my alts. BTW my alts are 51-53
    But have you actually tried it and um mia your level 100 I don't think you are lookin at level 80+ sin only a level 81 sin with maxed out stealth could hide from you anything lower won't cut it.

we have Sins that are over 85+ on the server.
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Anyone who thinks an assassin will be a good cata puller just because they can stealth is stupid and has never been in a TW before.

Topic solved.
    edited January 2010
    Funny enough it works for me and all my alts. BTW my alts are 51-53

b:sad

...why you hacking?

...doesn't work for me when I'm up against Assassins that have higher stealth than me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• __Shade__ - Raging Tide
    __Shade__ - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    posable? LOL. i don't know a single LA with 16k unbuffed or 20k buffed in the game right now. what make you think the sin will be the first to reach that.
    I know two LA users on HL server that reached those numbers. b:chuckle
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    oh 10k hp for a well cash shopped archer i've seen tho. im sure 16k is doable if you really pour some money in
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    Morty - Raging Tide Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Wow so much qq about Assassins, get over it.
    Is Now On Lost City Under The Name; Mortyy
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Dont really see a prob with no targeting, thers ALWAYS pple hovering around a catapult, simple thing just time your aoes. The scary sins are the ones that come about 1-2 months later. They are the ones that took extra time to understand knicks and tricks, rather than focusing just on lvls
    ^ This. levels dont really count for anything, especially when you oracle your way up, and dont know how to play your class and end up trying to pull a catapult and die from an aoe XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • Zhou_Yu - Heavens Tear
    Zhou_Yu - Heavens Tear Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    you prob won't tw at all... do you? i sharp every cat i see regarless if i can see the barb. and i don't recall cat being dmged while the puller is alive... so there is really no point to what you posted.

1)Which is easier to kill? The Barb or the catapult? Mind you, Barbs can be healed by a cleric or pots, cata's can't. [Though, if the Assassin is pulling, they would most likely have fewer hp then the cata.]

2)A catapult without a puller can get picked up by anyone with a scroll. A puller without a catapult has to go all the way back and get a new one.

3)This is simply a possible scenario with using Assassins as pullers as was asked in the OP. If you can't stay on topic, stay out.

Ever actually read anything involving war? Why kill the enemy, taking out 1 when you can injure him and take out 2? (Someone has to take the wounded person back)

Same basic concept. Destroying the cata sends the puller back (2 less attackers in the area. Puller and Cata), mostly. Mind you, they can chose to just stay but normally don't. Leaving the cata, means someone else can pick it up and use it.

Really, go troll somewhere else.
    edited January 2010
    1)Which is easier to kill? The Barb or the catapult? Mind you, Barbs can be healed by a cleric or pots, cata's can't. [Though, if the Assassin is pulling, they would most likely have fewer hp then the cata.]

2)A catapult without a puller can get picked up by anyone with a scroll. A puller without a catapult has to go all the way back and get a new one.

3)This is simply a possible scenario with using Assassins as pullers as was asked in the OP. If you can't stay on topic, stay out.

Ever actually read anything involving war? Why kill the enemy, taking out 1 when you can injure him and take out 2? (Someone has to take the wounded person back)

Same basic concept. Destroying the cata sends the puller back (2 less attackers in the area. Puller and Cata), mostly. Mind you, they can chose to just stay but normally don't. Leaving the cata, means someone else can pick it up and use it.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Everyone knows that cata's die fastest when there's no puller on 'em.

Go back to Dynasty Warriors.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Last time I checked cata's are immune to damage if the puller is still alive. Now that I think about it the largest aoes in the game are only like 12m arent they? The catapault moves at a maximum of 5m/s and can follow like 20m behind the puller if the puller is too fast. It could be possible for an assassin to get a catapault into the enemy base but he wouldn't be able to stop so the catapault could do damage... he would have to hand it over to a barb at that point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited January 2010
    Last time I checked cata's are immune to damage if the puller is still alive.

SHUSHH YOU, No fun watching someone who doesnt have a clue about TW making a fool of themselfs.
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    SHUSHH YOU, No fun watching someone who doesnt have a clue about TW making a fool of themselfs.

Too late.

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• SlitRists - Sanctuary
    SlitRists - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Assassins will be best of gameb:coolb:shutup
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010

1. WTF does that even mean? Cats can't be damaged when being pulled... so of course the barb.
    2. There is no such thing as a puller without a cat... since cats can't be destroyed while the puller is still alive. And secondary pulls are quiet rare... as cats only live for a few seconds after the death of its puller.
    3. Anyone can pull a cat... so whats your point.

"Destroying the cata sends the puller back"... WTF. the puller will be long dead before the cat is. From your post... its quiet obverious you never even twed... never the less pulled a cat.

Last time I checked cata's are immune to damage if the puller is still alive. Now that I think about it the largest aoes in the game are only like 12m arent they? The catapault moves at a maximum of 5m/s and can follow like 20m behind the puller if the puller is too fast. It could be possible for an assassin to get a catapault into the enemy base but he wouldn't be able to stop so the catapault could do damage... he would have to hand it over to a barb at that point.

Here is the deal... the puller will lose control of the cat if the distance becomes too big. so the sin would need to get ahead of the cat and control his speed so he doesn't lose it. and as you stated... he would need to hand it off to a real puller eventually. So there is no point of letting the sin pull if a hand off must occure. i mean... if the barb can't get in to the enemy base with a cat... what make him able to get in without a cat. futhermore... hand off can only occure if the initial puller dies. so the sin would need to sac himself and pray the barb can pick it up before the cat dies.

• angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I really dont know why everyone is soo bent over assassins and stealth in TW.

Assassins get hit by AOEs.

Assassins stealth absolutely fails against towers.

Just build towers and assassins become absolutely useless.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    This thread amuses me b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric