Great Job Guys...

Comments

• Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    wow qq topics are always so long =3
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • MissAnthrope - Sanctuary
    MissAnthrope - Sanctuary Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    This isnt a QQ , its a point and laugh at the high level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JollyJaguar - Sanctuary
    JollyJaguar - Sanctuary Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Sins wear LA right? Why ppl see em as tanks? o.o In my opinion HA armored characters could possibly be tanks.. if their skilled that is.. lol..
    On top of that, isnt it already known a sin cant hold aggro?

Damn that cleric fails.. so does the rest of your squad lol. Maybe not the archer, since he stood back, just like you.. but yea lol

Note to self: Stop using ... so often b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    awwww too bad the names are obscured b:chuckle i woulda wanted to see them in sanc lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited January 2010
    awwww too bad the names are obscured b:chuckle i woulda wanted to see them in sanc lol

was thinking the same.. Though I hope it wasnt a member of my fac.. *points at MC*

Edit: Nvm.. he's lvl 81, not 82 *Phew*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zhou_Yu - Heavens Tear
    Zhou_Yu - Heavens Tear Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I've stated this before in world chat:

Age nor level does NOT confers wisdom.

And obviously;

stupidity doesn't discriminate based upon class. b:laugh
    A shame you blurred the names. People on the server deserve to know who to avoid. If that cleric can't handle fb29 (and dies while trying to rez party members) then they would most likely cause massive party wipes in any TT or FF run. An intellect is always what I look for over levels any day.

I leave most any party that shows signs of such people in it. It's never worth the effort trying to convince them that there might be a different (please read: better) way of doing it. Such as archers trying to lure in, let's say in theory, fb69s 20x3 instead of the veno that is there.

Honestly, I wish I knew what some people were thinking at some times. b:surrender Of course, knowing might be just as bad. lol
  • MissAnthrope - Sanctuary
    MissAnthrope - Sanctuary Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i blurred the names, because i thought it was forums rules or something? naming and shaming i think... anyways i dont want his guild giving me drama or something... its a top guild. I think they own a piece of land..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010

And obviously;

A shame you blurred the names. People on the server deserve to know who to avoid. If that cleric can't handle fb29 (and dies while trying to rez party members) then they would most likely cause massive party wipes in any TT or FF run. An intellect is always what I look for over levels any day.

I leave most any party that shows signs of such people in it. It's never worth the effort trying to convince them that there might be a different (please read: better) way of doing it. Such as archers trying to lure in, let's say in theory, fb69s 20x3 instead of the veno that is there.

Honestly, I wish I knew what some people were thinking at some times. b:surrender Of course, knowing might be just as bad. lol

Hey hey hey... My hubby lures alot (archer) and he rarely fails at it.. theres something like LC for yer genie to lure ;] Fortunately He leaves the twins to me lol
    i blurred the names, because i thought it was forums rules or something?

I never blur names lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    LOL.....

XD

>_> but wtf...a 82 cleric died to quinzi...
    probably oracled to 82 and had low lvl gear o.o
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZSage - Heavens Tear
    ZSage - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    yesterday i was in a squad for fb 51. we had 2 barbs(57&62) 1 cleric(64) 1 bm(53 tabber) 1 veno(63 me) 1 wizzy(59) okey so we were discussing who was gonna tank and i was talking and the cleric cut me off and said it dosn't matter who tanks so i say what if some dies and she said these exact words"hey no one dies in my squad cause im pro cleric" and i go along with it so we going along and we get to the part on the way to wyvern were you have to wall hump and tabber dosn't know and i say something and cleric said she will teach her how so everyone eisle used speed buffs and we ran along and about 5 seconds later i see cleric coming behind me without the bm and about 5 more seconds later tabber dies and i say "so what happened "pro cleric" i thought no one dies in you'r squad?" and she says "its not my falt noobs don't know how to wall jump." after this i was pissed off at her so i decided to pk her after wyvern was done which i allmost did. after i left squad i started attacking her immediatly her health dropped to about half and then she started spamming IH on herself and i continuied to attack and her hp kept getting down really low but i was laughing whole time because she couldn't even get an attack in because she was too busy spamming IH on herself and 1 time she tried to use plume but i used ironwood and her hp dropped down to about half and she went on spamming IH on herself...oh ya forgot to mention the reason why i was planning to pk her because she said every class is useless except for barb and clerics.....

I'v ran into couple people that feel the same lol, it's sad really, just goes to show how little experience those individuals have in the gameb:pleased
  • DrunkWizard - Lost City
    DrunkWizard - Lost City Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    lol i wish to see a cleric + barb wasting huge loads of charms at bosses without DDers - lurers - etc. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ^... I did a 3 man squad of a barb, cleric and me for TT2-3... we did wurlord and soulripper too... if i wasn't there rofl man that would have sucked XD

anyways on topic..

I think he's one of those die hard full support clerics that don't know any of their skills on the right side... and he literally dies hard.
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
  • Jandira - Sanctuary
    Jandira - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited January 2010

Wow yeah this makes me slightly embaressed about my fellow class person.
    I admit that my game hubby is a barb that has that genie skill that lets him pull so we do alot with our little 2 person squad. But there is most def times when we're looking for the DDers out there.

Not sure what that cleric was thinking or not thinking, but if someone tells me that they know the boss and said boss is some 40 lvls lower than me.... yeah I'll tank it. I'm a squishy chicken of a cleric but when I get the chance to smack something... stand back cuz I'm goin in!

The only thing that's killed me in a long time was AE in 2-3. And lesson learned - you can't make me do that again.
    b:victory
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited January 2010

And obviously;

Couldn't agree more to that. Now to find more like-minded people so I can steal them from their faction and put them into mine x].

I'll pull over the veno if the veno is too slow or doesn't do it right. Or if the barb isn't competent enough to grab the mobs... or worse: both combined. Until the genies came out, however, I wouldn't have dared. I just don't like relying on people; as I explained in another post, I like to be up front and have some sort of control over what's going on.

You can ask my teams though: I know my limits, which a lot of people don't. I'm not gonna leeroy in FB79 'cause I know these mobs run away, I mostly won't aggro them all, cleric is gonna heal me and in the end we're gonna die. I do it in 69 though. Except the runners. Damn runners ruining my leeroying fun D:

Anything can tank. You need...
    a) the right gear, or build, or level
    b) the right boss
    c) the right people.

I've been overtanked by clerics, wizards and archers, especially in FB59. I don't mind it, hell, it's actually faster because they CAN go all-out, while with me as a tank they'd have to watch their damage. A LA char CAN tank in 59 as well, as they are ranged and they have higher mdef than HA classes. In that case, it's a matter of level and gear... but they pull it off often.

Anyways, to answer to the OP...

OMFG WOW O_________o. As a 82 cleric I'd have tanked it myself. Wouldn't rely on a 40-something sin to tank it, sorry. I know they have a nice damage output, but... would you trust a low-level archer to tank it? No? There you go. Same deal. At higher levels, yeah, the sin's gonna be able to, just like an archer can tank it.

But... wow. Just wow. Some people really, really don't know how to play their classes, and it's really sad to see them at high levels. I tend to think they have higher leveled buddies getting everything for them... or they're oracle babies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2010

could it be doc? b:shockedb:chuckleb:laugh

edit: awww nooo he lvl'd to 83 !
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Zhou_Yu - Heavens Tear
    Zhou_Yu - Heavens Tear Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i blurred the names, because i thought it was forums rules or something? naming and shaming i think... anyways i dont want his guild giving me drama or something... its a top guild. I think they own a piece of land..

Yes, it is one of the rules. Doesn't change it that it is shame. lol
    Hey hey hey... My hubby lures alot (archer) and he rarely fails at it.. theres something like LC for yer genie to lure ;] Fortunately He leaves the twins to me lol

I never blur names lol

Oh no, I'm not talking about genie luring. I'm talking about running in and just shotting a mob causing 2-4 mobs charging in that I have to catch and then they still attack the mob(s) I'm not attacking. I've met those who lure intelligently and there is NO comparison to these people.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I cannot help but wonder if I was suddenly given a level 82 cleric character to play and 10 minutes of prep time, if I could solo that boss.
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I cannot help but wonder if I was suddenly given a level 82 cleric character to play and 10 minutes of prep time, if I could solo that boss.

Solo Cleric is easy to the point of being ridiculous if you have even the slightest bit of common sense (hell if I can do it, just about anyone can). I bet you could do it if you were thrown into the pilot seat as the first Plume Shot was being fired. To hell with the ten minutes...trial by fire FTW! XD

It's when others are added to the equation that things get interesting. b:shutup
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Solo Cleric is easy to the point of being ridiculous if you have even the slightest bit of common sense (hell if I can do it, just about anyone can). I bet you could do it if you were thrown into the pilot seat as the first Plume Shot was being fired. To hell with the ten minutes...trial by fire FTW! XD

It's when others are added to the equation that things get interesting. b:shutup

So calling this level 82 cleric an Oracle leveler... is an insult to Oracle levelers, correct?
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    So calling this level 82 cleric an Oracle leveler... is an insult to Oracle levelers, correct?

Yes. Because everyone knows Oraclers are cheaters who just enjoy the destination, not the journey.

...spoiled kids.

b:scorn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited January 2010

I'd go so far as to assume they were too lazy to use Oracles and used Scarlet Fruit instead. At least with most Oracles you actually have to heal yourself. b:laugh
  • Pontianak - Sanctuary
    Pontianak - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    b:laughb:laughb:laughb:laughb
  • DrunkWizard - Lost City
    DrunkWizard - Lost City Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    that cleric is a insult for Arcane classes n mostly for clerics Q_Q

P.S : why do i feel like i posted here before?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lvl100ea
    lvl100ea Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    And this ladies and gentlemen, is why we don't like oraclers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    lvl100ea wrote: »
    And this ladies and gentlemen, is why we don't like oraclers.

*star flies past, leaving a rainbow trail*

THE MORE YOU KNOW!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    My cleric (low 70s at the time I think) was helping on a BH Qingzi with a 40s BM tanking when I started DDing after several casts of IH on the BM. I instantly pulled aggro, healed myself, and tanked the rest of the fight. (My comment at the time... "I guess I'm tanking.")

We had a veno in our faction, didn't know how to lure on her FB51. We (the barb tank, and me as cleric) explained to her how to do it and gave her chances to practice. She later left faction after telling me "my way doesn't work" during an argument.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Iseria - Harshlands
    Iseria - Harshlands Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    post the clerics name! this is a serious issue. everyone needs to know the n00bs name in order not to team up with him.

and yeah I also thought "oracle n00b" while reading this xD
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    post the clerics name! this is a serious issue. everyone needs to know the n00bs name in order not to team up with him.

and yeah I also thought "oracle n00b" while reading this xD

Eh.. can't name and shame. I tried bending this rule by only posting a link to a screen shot of the person but got told not to do it again. It really is a shame though. Some people really need to be outed for their stupidity. The cleric who is the topic for this thread is one of them for sure.

~Saitada
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i dont get it. just questing to 30 (oracle level) should enable you to figure out what to do at the fb29 boss. both archer minibosses in the winged elves quests require you to be able to stack yourself during a fight. that alone...
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Foxy_Liona - Dreamweaver
    Foxy_Liona - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    This is the classic failure that happens when one ORICLE's him/her self to high lvl status withOUT knowing what that class can actually do.. GRATS on the stupidity that occurred..
    ANNIVERSARY:
    (noun)
    1. the yearly recurrence of the date of a past event:
    2. the celebration or commemoration of such a date.

BUT according to PWI:
    (money)
    1. the DAILY recurrence of the date of a past event.
    2. the celebration or commemoration of such a date that last 6 months.